Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Sharks, January 23, SAP Center, 9:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
I dropped Pavs off my fantasy team. Then goes on his current 4 game win streak. I know if I pick him up, it'll jinx him and we'll lose. I'm living in hell because of it.

Pavs has to be the favorite to win the Vezina at this point. Unbelievable run he's on.

GrowJetsGrow

Jan 11, 2014
East of MTS Centre
shark_derp_durr_hurr.jpg

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Anyone know who the young guy (US uniform) is standing with Winnipeg Jet Mark Stuart?;)

Stuarts325edit.jpg

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Pavs had a tremendous game - so you reward him by taking his next start away?

Montoya gets one of the back to back games, we ride Pavelec till then.

Reward him? what is he, a dog?

I'd give him the night off. I'd communicate the reason why (rest). I'd give him another run of games after the back-to-backs if he plays well.

Or we could repeat all the same mistakes that Noel made with use of Pavs.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Postma can't be close to getting back into the lineup. He's had, what, 2 full-contact practices? I bet he goes to STJ for a conditioning stint when he's ready to play.

Noel had said Postma would have a week in the orange jersey and then be ready to be a player. He'd still have to clear waivers or a conditioning stint, no?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Reward him? what is he, a dog?

I'd give him the night off. I'd communicate the reason why (rest). I'd give him another run of games after the back-to-backs if he plays well.

Or we could repeat all the same mistakes that Noel made with use of Pavs.

So you propose to rest him tomorrow, the day after a REST day.

As long as Pavs doesn't play Saturday AND Sunday I think we've avoided the largest of Noel's mistakes

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
So you propose to rest him tomorrow, the day after a REST day.

As long as Pavs doesn't play Saturday AND Sunday I think we've avoided the largest of Noel's mistakes

Yes (for the third time). Last night was more of a workout for him than any game since 2.0 started. Pavs generally improves his play with 2+ days rest. Time and time again Noel rode Pavelec one game too many and didn't play Monty enough.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I think I'd likely go Monty because you know he's going to get one of the next couple, and if his dad is on the trip it might be nice motivation for the boys.

But I view this as essentially two days rest. Generally between games there is skates or practices. The players had a (CBA mandated) day off. AFAIC being tired shouldn't be an excuse for Pavs. Either way, I think us winning or losing will be decided by many factors, not just goaltender selection.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think goalie selection will probably be the last thing that affects the outcome of the game. Monty and Pavs are very different goalies with a fairly similar record in the shot stopping department. I now recall that the father thing was what triggered the discussion.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
I predict an overtime loss in San Jose, a solid win on Saturday and another drubbing against Chicago on Sunday.

At some point this emotional play is going to catch up with the team but until then let's party!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Did you know?

The San Jose SAP Center is named after the SAP enterprise which is producing software. That enterprises headquarter is only 20 minutes by car from where I was born and went to school between Mannheim and Heidelberg. It is in Walldorf. That's why everything the Adler Mannheim are doing, you can see a SAP logo somewhere. They play in SAP-Arena and are owned by SAP's founder son. The SAP founder, Dietmar Hopp, also owns TSG Hoffenheim, a village playing in the 1. Bundesliga in Germany.

http://www.adler-mannheim.de/
http://www.sap.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSG_1899_Hoffenheim

the_more_you_know2-300x197.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad