Jets/Sens Preseason Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

Neil is the definition of a scrub. Don't mind him as a 13th forward because of his history with the Sens, but c'mon why is he on the PP instead of Stone/Lazar...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Part of the problem is that people don't respect the fact that you can go into a game trying to give it your all, but if the game doesn't get your adrenaline going it's impossible.

Run the100 m as fast as you can and then run it being chased by a dog with rabies.

A real NHL game is a dog with rabies. An NHL game is being chased by a lion.

Very true. Nothing is quite the same as the real thing.

It's still hard to sit back though, especially when so many have Zibby as one of the top picks on the team to be on the rise or future impact core guy. It's hard not to be desperate for validation on the ice.

Overall a decent game. Some of the Bingo kids are starting to look more comfortable.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Please, no criticism. It's preseason. We can't make any negative observations without someone complaining about it.

Anyway, thought it was a good game overall, but some players who should still be trying to prove themselves aren't.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Tough to knock Puempel and Hoffman in the last minute since they're AHLers under the gun- but Wiercioch, on the other hand...

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011
- Started out slow but got better as the game went on. Much more dominant in the third.

- Some of our young guys who are locks (Zibby) mailed it in and the refs decided that holding the stick and instigating fights aren't penalties when Jets do it.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Two really positive signs for Ottawa tonight were the play of Cowen and Ceci. If these guys are gonna bring what they brought tonight plus a perhaps reignited Phillips, we're gonna be okay.

Ehlers and Petan liked real good for the Jets. I'd be pumped for those guys if I were a fan of that team.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Neil is the definition of a scrub. Don't mind him as a 13th forward because of his history with the Sens, but c'mon why is he on the PP instead of Stone/Lazar...

Probably because he was the only NHL vet playing. I seriously doubt Paulrus would do that in the regular season.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Pageau Neil Cowen and Johnson looked really good

Chaisson , Lazar and Claesson looked okay

Hoffman Puempel Stone and Zibby looked invisible

Greening missed so many chances

Othello*

Would be a disgrace if Pageau didn't make the team ....

MacArther Turris Ryan
Michalek Zibanajad Chiasson
Pageau Legwand Stone
Hoffman Smith Condra

Milan the God*

Not a bad game. The Jets iced a much better team. Anderson looked pretty good, and so did the defense.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
I liked what I saw from most of the players, I'm actually impressed this lineup did as well as it did against the one Winnipeg iced.

Jorec

Mar 4, 2011
Please, no criticism. It's preseason. We can't make any negative observations without someone complaining about it.

That's not really fair, I think people just object to complete hyperbole rather then actual criticisms. Besides, people get snarky remarks when they say positive things too.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

one of the best forwards tonight

which isn't that good when he isn't really fighting for a nhl spot. He definitely deserved to be on the ice

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Most consistent player on the ice was Pageau. He does the little things to get noticed. Hits, kills penalties, plays well in his own end and if you gave him some decent wingers he would put up points too. He reminds me of Briere.

Disappointments this game:

Mike Hoffman - I think his time with the Ottawa Senators is coming to an end sooner than later

Wiercioch - I keep trying to give this guy a chance but he doesn't have the hockey IQ for the NHL. That gastly turnover that resulted in the Jets second goal is a perfect example. Isn't it hockey 101 for defensemen not to skate in front of your net with the puck?

Zibenajad - This is suppose to be our 2nd line centre. He had flashes of good play but then disappears for long stretches.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Two really positive signs for Ottawa tonight were the play of Cowen and Ceci. If these guys are gonna bring what they brought tonight plus a perhaps reignited Phillips, we're gonna be okay.

Ehlers and Petan liked real good for the Jets. I'd be pumped for those guys if I were a fan of that team.

Agree whole-heartedly. Ceci is proving he may be top 4 quality NOW, and Cowen played like a 23 minute defensive workhorse, ala Phillips circa 2004-2009.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ceci and Pageau impressed me with their play. Neil hustled all night but is slowing down. No other player impressed me much. One player looked bad in the first period: Cowen.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Very true. Nothing is quite the same as the real thing.

It's still hard to sit back though, especially when so many have Zibby as one of the top picks on the team to be on the rise or future impact core guy. It's hard not to be desperate for validation on the ice.

Overall a decent game. Some of the Bingo kids are starting to look more comfortable.

Players that have great seasons still have plenty of games where they don't do much.

People are hoping for Zibanejad to breakout, so any game he plays that isn't Amazing is automatically terible.

He had a neutral night. So did most everyone else

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Most consistent player on the ice was Pageau. He does the little things to get noticed. Hits, kills penalties, plays well in his own end and if you gave him some decent wingers he would put up points too. He reminds me of Briere.

Disappointments this game:

Mike Hoffman - I think his time with the Ottawa Senators is coming to an end sooner than later

Wiercioch - I keep trying to give this guy a chance but he doesn't have the hockey IQ for the NHL. That gastly turnover that resulted in the Jets second goal is a perfect example. Isn't it hockey 101 for defensemen not to skate in front of your net with the puck?

Zibenajad - This is suppose to be our 2nd line centre. He had flashes of good play but then disappears for long stretches.

I think you and I watched the same game! :)

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The other thing is after every pre season game people like to
Come
To conclusions.

"So and so can't make the team", "so and so had to make the team"

For the few decisions that are actually made in preseason, an there are only a few, they are made when the rosters are narrowed down to mainly NHL players. The early preseason is all posturing. Stop treating it like an assessment tool that can be taken at face value. It never has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad