Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Sens [1:00pm CST Feb. 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetkarma*

Not a huge fan of this if this is Noel's plan.

Burmi has been our best forward. This looks like a demotion.

Little has been great on the wing. I wouldn't move him to centre.

I would leave the top two lines as is and give Kane/Jokinen/Wheeler a bit more time to gel. I would sit Wellwood again, replacing him with Wright on the third line and give Peluso a change to show what he can do on the fourth line.

Have to disagree , Burmistrov has not been our best forward. Hard to pick the good ones , but he has not been that for sure , imo.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN
#nhljets line shakes: Kane/Jokinen/Antro, Ladd/Little/Wheels, Pony/Burmi/Welly, Wright/Slater/Thor.

Trying to reunite LLW and try to spark Jokinen with somebody to go for board battles and setup from down low...

I get the idea not 100% sure if I agree it will work... but if it works it works.

jetkarma*

Shuffled towards another loss?

This is what puzzles me about Scheifele , I have zero doubts he would be among the three best centers we would have this season , and he has positives the others do not.

Maybe it is about next year, some players may be playing out there welcome.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Shuffled towards another loss?

This is what puzzles me about Scheifele , I have zero doubts he would be among the three best centers we would have this season , and he has positives the others do not.

Maybe it is about next year, some players may be playing out there welcome.

I still have a strong feeling that if was an 82 game season he would be on the team

jetkarma*

For me personally I am not very concerned with using one year of the entry level contract, it is a consideration mind you.

IMO his development would have been best by having him have meaningful minutes with decent linemates, this would have prepared him better for success next year than going back to Barrie , again imo.

Have a feeling that we could be looking up in the standings very soon , in a way that doesn't get better at all this year. Important stretch ahead.

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I think we should be starting Montoya tomorrow, especially if Lynk's post that Pavs has the flu is fact. Don't need that spreading around the locker room. But even then, Montoya's only started once this season so far. Some game day experience can't possibly hurt.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Hearing that the game is moved to the evening!

EDIT: Checked the NHL website no info on time change.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Not a huge fan of this if this is Noel's plan.

Burmi has been our best forward. This looks like a demotion.

Little has been great on the wing. I wouldn't move him to centre.

I would leave the top two lines as is and give Kane/Jokinen/Wheeler a bit more time to gel. I would sit Wellwood again, replacing him with Wright on the third line and give Peluso a change to show what he can do on the fourth line.

huh? Burmi our best forward? he is on pace for 5 goals 6 assists this season which in a 48 game schedule is bad any way you look at it.

Kane, Wheeler , Joki have shown no chemistry

agree with sitting Wellwood, bet the Jets even regret resigning him amd yeah it's about time Peluso plays

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Kirk Penton:

Awesome. It sucks sometimes that our affliate is way out in St. John's. I hope Dekanich, Machacek/Cormier/Macenaeur, and Meech are on flights right now to Ottawa, I know how hard it is to get flights in and out from St. John's.

It is freaking beyond stupid we are sitting with 21 healthy players on the roster. STUPID. Now we might have a flu bug going around the room. Place Byfuglien on IR retroactively (he has missed enough time that they can remove him from IR at any time now after putting him on retroactively back to the time of his injury), and add some guys to the roster in case this flu bug spreads. Why the hell not.

Who gives a flying **** about how it effects St. John's. This is the NHL, this is where your priorities lie. Stupid stupid AHL mentality.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Awesome. It sucks sometimes that our affliate is way out in St. John's. I hope Dekanich, Machacek/Cormier/Macenaeur, and Meech are on flights right now to Ottawa, I know how hard it is to get flights in and out from St. John's.

It is freaking beyond stupid we are sitting with 21 healthy players on the roster. STUPID. Now we might have a flu bug going around the room. Place Byfuglien on IR retroactively (he has missed enough time that they can remove him from IR at any time now after putting him on retroactively back to the time of his injury), and add some guys to the roster in case this flu bug spreads. Why the hell not.

Who gives a flying **** about how it effects St. John's. This is the NHL, this is where your priorities lie. Stupid stupid AHL mentality.

Haha. I had the same feeling and then I realized that Zinger is our Assistant GM and so I've accepted this fate. Honestly, the guy must have pictures of Chipman ****ing a donkey or something. I've also mentally prepared myself for the day that Redmond gets sent back down to St.John's to help out while Clitsanity and his 1 way continue to get 18 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia