Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Sens [1:00pm CST Feb. 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetkarma*

Hard to see the way this team is playing that we get two points tomorrow.

Things could be very uphill very soon.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Early game, away, against a Canadian team, probably still without Buff and Zachy Goj.

Yeah, I totally see us winning this one.:cry:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I might be downtown working some overtime this weekend. If anyone wants to catch some lunch or afternoon beers at Garbonzo's (or somewhere else downtown) and watch the game I'm all for it. Beats trying to rush home.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Wait...the Sens are playing well and seem to be a good team. Perhaps the Jets will wake up for this game?

Who knows, toss a coin to see which Jets show up.

Heads: the fine form fire under the ass angry hard checking hungry Jets show up surly and irate from this last loss and fight hard.

Or

Tails: They collectively keep biting the pillow. :cry:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
A win is probably not in the cards, but I'm worried about what loss would mean to the team for this season. Some tough games coming up against good opponents.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Tough game coming up.

Really don't want to see Karlsson have a good game. One because that hurts our ability to win, and two because I don't want to have to see endless posts from Sens fans telling us how close to god like status their hero is.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Sens have our number (like the Habs) and I see little chance we come out on top in this battle.

But who really knows this season is wacked maybe Ottawa will lay and egg but they usually feast on us. Throw in that its an afternoon game and "Oy vey"

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Pavs didnt practice in ottawa today

probably got stuck in traffic (joking).....However Buddies of mine have been texting and traffic is a nightmare.......many businesses closed (in Ottawa, Toronto, all the way down to London) and you can't make it up and down the 417.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I might be downtown working some overtime this weekend. If anyone wants to catch some lunch or afternoon beers at Garbonzo's (or somewhere else downtown) and watch the game I'm all for it. Beats trying to rush home.

Never mind, I'm not going to work overtime this weekend. I worked last weekend and the idea of 13 days straight scares me. :laugh:

I'll still venture downtown if anyone is interested, doesn't seem like it yet.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
probably got stuck in traffic (joking).....However Buddies of mine have been texting and traffic is a nightmare.......many businesses closed (in Ottawa, Toronto, all the way down to London) and you can't make it up and down the 417.

Yep, a lot of our Investors Group offices out that way are closed right now. Not pleasant.

jetkarma*

Yep, a lot of our Investors Group offices out that way are closed right now. Not pleasant.

This reminds me with Randy Carlyle back yesterday of when we had a major snow storm when he was playing for the Jets.

Virtually everyone snowed in , but a friend had a big 4 wheeler and we had season tickets so he left really early and picked up 4 of us.

We drove on the wrong sides of roads ( carefully ) were stopped a couple times by the police and they were pretty ok with some guys going to the game . Maybe 3 or 4 thousand people made the game versus the Kings.

You could really hear all the chirping from the ice because of how few people were there. Carlyle was pressured in his own end and Bernie Pumper Nichols yelled out " Kitty " . Carlyle blindy threw a pass to the slot , which Nichols promptly buried.

Didn't take much to make Carlyle cranky , this certainly did.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Rick Ralph ‏@RickRalphTSN
#nhljets line shakes: Kane/Jokinen/Antro, Ladd/Little/Wheels, Pony/Burmi/Welly, Wright/Slater/Thor.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
#nhljets line shakes: Kane/Jokinen/Antro, Ladd/Little/Wheels, Pony/Burmi/Welly, Wright/Slater/Thor.

Not a huge fan of this if this is Noel's plan.

Burmi has been our best forward. This looks like a demotion.

Little has been great on the wing. I wouldn't move him to centre.

I would leave the top two lines as is and give Kane/Jokinen/Wheeler a bit more time to gel. I would sit Wellwood again, replacing him with Wright on the third line and give Peluso a change to show what he can do on the fourth line.

jetkarma*

Somehow that doesn't provide me much optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad