Rumor: Jets-Sabres trade?

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Buff ain't going anywhere pcanuckfan or any other canuck fans, dream on. We're coming to your division and squishing all your little players next year, deal with it.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
When did Hainsey become a defensive defenseman? Stuart might be more to Buffalo's interest, but they need another forward who can check even moreso than a defenseman.

Second best only to Enstrom in reducing shots and goals last season...
Top on the team D for +/- (yes, yes it's a faulty stat I know)...
Took a defensive defenseman assignment (highest ratio of defensive zone starts and second in match-ups only to Enstrom)

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow. So much fail in one proposal, which is probably what the thread should be called.
When I saw "rumor" I got excited.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
It's believed Regier is in the market for a gritty, defensive-minded forward, who can play on the club's second or third line, and a shutdown defenseman.

With Bogo and maybe Buff returning to the line up soon and the emergence of Postma and especially Redmond, it's possible we could see one of Hainsey (more likely) or Stuart (less likely) dealt.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Well, Sabres have a big, RHD that can chip in offensively, I guess it is inevitable that we'll trade for him, since Subban doesn't seem to happen.

Buff-Bogo
Jones-Myers
Trouba-??

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
LOL at this "rumor."

Buffs not even moving to forward. No way in hell he's moving to another team.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Well, Sabres have a big, RHD that can chip in offensively, I guess it is inevitable that we'll trade for him, since Subban doesn't seem to happen.

Buff-Bogo
Jones-Myers
Trouba-??

You mean that big RHD that was a healthy scratch yesterday because he's been a big RHD pylon

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Still scratching my head on this one..it's a "rumour" when one if the anti Buff guys tries to get rid of him for cheap. Amin the only one that thinks he earns his salary. So dumb.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
With Bogo and maybe Buff returning to the line up soon and the emergence of Postma and especially Redmond, it's possible we could see one of Hainsey (more likely) or Stuart (less likely) dealt.

I heard Lawless talk about Postma possibly being the odd man out. Hainsey is definitely a guy that can be traded if the Jets are out of contention.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I heard Lawless talk about Postma possibly being the odd man out. Hainsey is definitely a guy that can be traded if the Jets are out of contention.

3rd pair RHD is the only redundant position we have... as we have both Redmond and Postma. Since we have to offensive stalwarts in Byfuglien and Bogosian, who can handle the point on PP, and Redmond can kill penalties... it makes an intriguing position where Postma has more trade value, but Redmond is more important to us...

But also Redmond is free to go through waivers, so maybe there's nothing. The fact that it comes from TFP makes me think it's junk... as that's about as reliable as a certain hockey...insider... on twitter.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I'd list this more as speculation, not rumor.

Buff is going no where imo.
Exactly how many first line the first pairing players get traded during a season, especially between bubble teams in the same conference?

None.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Byfuglien is second ONLY to Karlsson as far as offense from the backend is concerned. He's one of the most unique players in the league, one of the biggest and a fan favorite.

But yeah, your rookie is the one that is untouchable :sarcasm:

He also is a career -25 and a minus in every season except one. Buffalo wont trade Grigs its a non story.We dont need Buff, we are 4th in goals for, we need someone who can Actually play defense not just score.

To the Sabres we need a #1 center over an offensive dman.Buff is also 9 years older then Grigs

Last edited:

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
He also is a career -25 and a minus in every season except one. Buffalo wont trade Grigs its a non story.We dont need Buff, we are 4th in goals for, we need someone who can Actually play defense not just score.

To the Sabres we need a #1 center over an offensive dman.Buff is also 9 years older then Grigs

Not meaning to argue but:
Byfuglien is a career + when only looking at minutes with Enstrom, which is like 80% of his TOI in the last 3 seasons. Most of his minus' come from short stints with injuries being paired with defensive issued #5/6s like Oduya and Stuart.
Plus/minus is one of the worst stats in the world when alone...

In the end Byfuglien holds far more value than Grigerenko except in the weird HFBoards world where potential>proven. Team needs is a whole other department and you can be correct there that it's not worth it.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
If Buffalo goes into semi-sell mode, the player I want the JETS to inquire about is Sulzer. I wouldn't pay a huge premium for him though as he is an upcoming UFA. I sure hope he is a target for TNSE this summer. He'd be a very solid and underrated addition to the left defense position.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Because he's fat.

No! Because he's phat.:nod:

Can't get behind this trade idea. Regardless of how anyone feels about buff, we've just experienced what life is like without him, and it isn't so hot. No one really could replace him... on the ice, or at the dinner table, and I like that.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
trading an established star for a first round pick is completely ridiculous.....even the odds of a first overall eventually becoming as good as dustin byfuglien are slim.

why are we trying to shed salary exactly?

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
Like I stated earlier, the Jets have been linked to being interested in many trades recently with big names such as Van Riemsdyk and Subban. These would both be major deals and obviously we would have to offer something major in return. In thinking about this I would not be suprised if the Jets are shopping Kane.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
No! Because he's phat.:nod:

Can't get behind this trade idea. Regardless of how anyone feels about buff, we've just experienced what life is like without him, and it isn't so hot. No one really could replace him... on the ice, or at the dinner table, and I like that.

This!

When Bogie comes back, it will take a lot of the sting out of missing Buff (assuming he was able to keep himself in shape). But still, one cannot overemphasize Buff's value to our team and our overall D minutes in particular.

I LOVE how Redmond/Postma have been stepping up this season...but they just can't handle the minutes. Hainsey and Stu have been overworked.

I think even the majority of Buffalo fans can admit that trading a proven top D man like Buff for prospects would not be the wisest decision if the tables were flipped. Don't get me wrong...Grig would be a great prospect to have, but Buff has been tried and tested and is in his prime. I'm really looking forward to having him back on Tues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad