GDT: Jets @ Red Wings - 6:30 pm CT - TSN 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
cut.jpg

The Winnipeg Jets begin a four-game, international road trip tonight against the Detroit Red Wings...Winnipeg fell 4-2 to the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night to end a six-game homestand with a 4-1-1 record...The road trip continues Saturday night in Toronto before the Jets head to Finland to play the Florida Panthers in Helsinki on Nov. 1 and 2.

VIEW THE FULL GAME NOTES

Dominating the East
Tomorrow is the second of five consecutive games for the Jets against an Eastern Conference team...While the Jets are 1-1-0 against Eastern Conference teams this season, Winnipeg went 19-7-6 against the Eastern Conference last season, including a 10-3-3 record versus the Atlantic Division and 9-4-3 record against the Metropolitan Division...Blake Wheeler led the Jets with 37 points (10G, 27A) in 31 games against the Eastern Conference, which was tied for fourth among Western Conference players last season...Goaltender Connor Hellebuyck went 15-3-5 versus the East.

Best for Last
The Jets have scored 17 goals in third periods this season, which is the most in the NHL...Winnipeg has allowed 13 third period goals, making it an NHL-high 30 combined third period goals in games the Jets have played this season...Winnipeg's third period scoring has been spread out with 12 different players scoring the 17 goals...Bryan Little leads the Jets with three third period goals, two of which have been game-winning goals.

Taking the First One
Winnipeg has been assessed the first penalty of the game in seven consecutive games, dating back to Oct. 11 at NSH...The Jets have successfully killed six of the seven minors...The Jets have been assessed 37 penalty minutes in first periods this season, which is the second most in the NHL...Winnipeg leads the NHL with 61 penalty minutes in second periods and are second with 58 penalty minutes in third periods.

Feeling the Power
The Jets scored a power play goal in all six games of the homestand, going 7-for-18 (38.9%)...Winnipeg is 30.4% on the power play this season, which is fourth in the NHL...Mark Scheifele and Patrik Laine lead the Jets with three power play goals this season.

Streaky
Blake Wheeler had two assists against Toronto to extend his point streak to four games (1G, 4A), which is the longest scoring streak by a member of the Jets this season...Mark Scheifele (3G, 3A), Kyle Connor(4A), and Jacob Trouba (1G, 4A) are on three-game point streaks.

Faceoff Wizard
Adam Lowry won eight of his 13 faceoffs against Toronto on Wednesday and is tied for 10th in the NHL with a 58.6% faceoff winning percentage...At age 25, Lowry is the youngest player in the NHL's top 10 for faceoff winning percentage...He has won more than 50% of his faceoffs in four consecutive games and seven of his last eight games.

Carrying the Load
Mark Scheifele is fifth among NHL forwards with an average of 22:40 TOI per game, which is third on the Jets behind defenceman Dustin Byfuglien (24:42) and Josh Morrissey (23:28)...Scheifele took 29 of the 44 faceoffs in the game on Wednesday and leads the NHL with 228 faceoffs taken this season.

First One
Nikolaj Ehlers scored his first goal of the season on Wednesday, ending an 11-game goalless drought dating back to last season...With Ehlers' tally, the only Jets forwards on the roster that haven't scored a goal this season are Jack Roslovic and Brendan Lemieux.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
First!

Bet365 line: Jets pay 1.54:1, Wings pay 2.65:1. Jets -1.5 pay 2.60:1, Wings +1.5 pay 1.55:1.

I'm leaning towards taking the Jets -1.5. Tidy return, no?

Go Jets Go!

m.

Reactions: jefferoni

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok if i'm first it's definitely on me if we lose , not Wheeler , Buff , Helly , Trouba , Laine ect .

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Jets need to limit top D and top FW lines to be fresh for Leafs tomorrow. I can see a big game coming from Roslo, Perreault, and whomever rides the other wing.

I can also see Connor lighting up Detroit in front of family and friends.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Damn I want to watch this game live, but nothing good EVER happens when I watch games live. Either I flip out like a moron or the team plays like garbage, or both.

Maybe against Detroit it should be relatively safe? Yeah right.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
C’mon Mo use the 4th line Matty and Roslovic deserve more ice time. Unless we go to OT tonight there’s no way Scheif and Wheeler should be over 20 minutes

How does roslovic deserve more ice time? The last two games he’s had 3rd period mistakes that led directly to goals against.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Damn I want to watch this game live, but nothing good EVER happens when I watch games live. Either I flip out like a moron or the team plays like garbage, or both.

Maybe against Detroit it should be relatively safe? Yeah right.

We always make comebacks when I fall asleep so if we are down someone should just come knock me out and we should win.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Note:

Coach Maurice indicated the team can bring a non-roster goalie to Finland as well as they plan on bringing a full 23 man roster meaning a recall from the Moose.

Pre-game audio
:

Players: Jacob Trouba & Nikolaj Ehlers

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Why does tonight make sense for Brossoit? With Hellebuyck being from Michigan did that factor in? Lineup for Detroit. Changes to the configuration of the top 6? On Kyle Connor's speed creating opportunities for Patrik Laine. How does he keep the team focused on the Red Wings and not looking ahead to the next game? On Trouba's development. Will they take additional players for the trip to Finland? How is Nic Petan coming along? Might tomorrow be an option for Petan? On the four Michigan guys on the team. His connection to Michigan.

To listen click here.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I actually kind of liked the way ESW and CLL played a bit.

I think what is really being shown is how bad our center depth is outside of Scheifele right now. We have a 1C and two 3C's with a 4C, with the potential to become a 2C still developing. It's not time to panic yet but if that isn't rectified by the playoffs I can't see us taking on Nashville or Colorado with great results. I think we can handle St. Louis, Chicago, Minny and maybe Dallas but the top two teams in our division will probably eat our lunch if Roslovic doesn't work his way up the lineup or we snag ourselves a top 6 C somehow. I'm not into trading our 1st rounder at all so I'm not sure how we rectify that situation.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Colorado is about as one line a team as it gets. Not sure why would fear them in the playoffs. Nashville on the other hand is probably the best team in the League IMO right now. But we did beat them last year so we do have that over them

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Colorado is about as one line a team as it gets. Not sure why would fear them in the playoffs. Nashville on the other hand is probably the best team in the League IMO right now. But we did beat them last year so we do have that over them

That's the reason I fear Colorado. Their one line is stomping competition and our top two lines are not. Plus it's not like Soderberg and Kerfoot's lines aren't getting stuff done too. And their defence and PP are damn good with Barrie and Girard out there. Colin Wilson was a decent pickup for them as well and their goalie combo is actually doing pretty good. Varly and Gubaur are as legit a combo as Helle and Brossoit.

We haven't seen Colorado first hand and they have had a much easier schedule then us out the gate. So once they play some tougher comp we will see what happens.

As far as Nasvhille goes I think Saros will be a tougher challenge then Rinne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad