Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
All hail Croissant

s74I6Kl.jpg

Gin, you should be proud of my photoshop work here.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lil' Dutchy; "The game that I played last game was the way I want to play every single night. I want to try and bring that again tonight."

So why exactly didn't you play that game for the first 9 games of the season?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lil' Dutchy; "The game that I played last game was the way I want to play every single night. I want to try and bring that again tonight."

So why exactly didn't you play that game for the first 9 games of the season?

It's the Scheifele effect. Everyone wants to play with him and most seem to struggle away from him. We really need another top 6 center.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
How does roslovic deserve more ice time? The last two games he’s had 3rd period mistakes that led directly to goals against.

Two things

Playing him 4 minutes a game does not develop him. In the Leafs game Mo threw them out in the 3rd after they had sat forever. I’ve played competitive sports where I had to sit for a long time. It’s very difficult to perform after standing around watching for a long time. The ice time distribution is setting our 4th line up to fail. Our 4th line isn’t Thorburn, Burmi and someone. They should be playing 10 minutes.

If the 4th line doesn’t play then Matty Perreault doesn’t play either. That’s bad for the Jets.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's the Scheifele effect. Everyone wants to play with him and most seem to struggle away from him. We really need another top 6 center.

Little is a top 6 Center.

Scheif doesn’t make Ehlers skate faster or try harder. That’s up to the individual player to do. The teams flaws and weaknesses are not attributable to BL these last 6 games.

We can complain about his last season for sure but he’s done a great job for us this year. If all our forwards played as well (for their ceiling / potential) as him we would be crushing teams.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Little is a top 6 Center.

Scheif doesn’t make Ehlers skate faster or try harder. That’s up to the individual player to do. The teams flaws and weaknesses are not attributable to BL these last 6 games.

We can complain about his last season for sure but he’s done a great job for us this year. If all our forwards played as well (for their ceiling / potential) as him we would be crushing teams.

I think little is a really good 3C at this point that can be a well below average 2C. I see guys like Stepan, Turris, Duchene, Schmaltz, Kadri, Point, Lindholm, Kerfoot. As good 2C's. I think Little is a tier below them. Obviously guys like Tavares and Malkin aren't really 2C's. If your 2C is in the 45 to 50 point range I think you are sitting pretty good. Iff they are in the 60+ range then you are really solid. If they are under 40 points then it's not the greatest. Little is on pace for 32 points this year. I think his decline is evident. He is still playing good enough to be in the top 6 but if we had a better option we would be better off.

I think there is a major confidence boost when playing with Scheifele, as playing with any 1C in the league. You try different things and react differently when you are playing with more skill. I don't think there is any doubt that Scheifele is well ahead of Little as a player at this point.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Good feeling about tonight, and I usually hate potential trap games.

6-1 Jets

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I think little is a really good 3C at this point that can be a well below average 2C. I see guys like Stepan, Turris, Duchene, Schmaltz, Kadri, Point, Lindholm, Kerfoot. As good 2C's. I think Little is a tier below them. Obviously guys like Tavares and Malkin aren't really 2C's. If your 2C is in the 45 to 50 point range I think you are sitting pretty good. Iff they are in the 60+ range then you are really solid. If they are under 40 points then it's not the greatest. Little is on pace for 32 points this year. I think his decline is evident. He is still playing good enough to be in the top 6 but if we had a better option we would be better off.

I think there is a major confidence boost when playing with Scheifele, as playing with any 1C in the league. You try different things and react differently when you are playing with more skill. I don't think there is any doubt that Scheifele is well ahead of Little as a player at this point.

I wasn’t trying to compare Little to Scheif. The Jets offence has been meh so far and will pick up. Sample size is too small to start throwing out projections. Laine is on pace for 41 pts and I think he will finish well ahead of that. Little should have a good chance to break 50 points if he stays healthy and the team actually gets rolling. Sure it would be nice to have a better player to insert into our lineup but we’d be paying through the nose to get someone of that magnitude. Other than trading our 1st at or before the deadline I have a hard time seeing any move like that being made.

Mgt likely has to wait until January to see where we are in the standings, what our injury situation is and determine if we are indeed a cup contender this year. If we are then it comes down to what moves we can make. They may feel we need to make the bigger move for a top 4 D.

We’ll see.

In the meantime let’s squash the Wings.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
A Jets win and clean Avs loss puts us at 2nd in the division tonight. Then hopefully we can take at least 1 point from Toronto tomorrow, preferably 2.

This could be one of those confidence boosting games if we can pile it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad