Confirmed with Link: Jets recall Jamie Phillips

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Its great having so may informed posters who figure all the possible scenario things out for the rest of us within the first page of this thread...

You guys are awesome just like our Jets...

Best HF Board Ever...

I'm a homer tho!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
One thing that is kind of lost in this is Mason is probably not doing well with the concussion and might be out for a while . I wonder if Chevy is looking for a veteran goalie for the stretch run . I know we should give Hutch a shot first but after last season i just don't have alot of confidence in Hutch at the NHL level .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
One thing that is kind of lost in this is Mason is probably not doing well with the concussion and might be out for a while . I wonder if Chevy is looking for a veteran goalie for the stretch run . I know we should give Hutch a shot first but after last season i just don't have alot of confidence in Hutch at the NHL level .
I don't have confidence in any back-up goalie, to be honest. At least Hutch has been killing it in the AHL and has been good for stretches in the past. Hutchinson wasn't good last season, but neither was Hellebuyck, and the Jets' defense was a tire fire.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I thought Maurice was holding Hellebuyck out on Tuesday because he was worried about him being tired from the travel and activity related to the All Star game. If Hutch is playing in the AHL ASG, how is that any different?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I thought Maurice was holding Hellebuyck out on Tuesday because he was worried about him being tired from the travel and activity related to the All Star game. If Hutch is playing in the AHL ASG, how is that any different?

There's a small but distinct possibility that Comrie will start vs TBL.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
I guess the only difference is that Hutch has been sitting on the bench the last few games before the break and Bucky has been playing.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
How tiring is a All Star game , they don't even try during these games . Maurice will start Helly against one of the best teams in the league and we are at home .

Reactions: FFHockey

Whileee

May 29, 2010
How tiring is a All Star game , they don't even try during these games . Maurice will start Helly against one of the best teams in the league and we are at home .
He already said he plans to sit Hellebuyck vs. TB.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I kind of want to see Phillips play a game in the NHL, I see potential in the guy and think he could be on an NHL roster one day.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

Maurice's concern was more the travel than playing the game itself.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I guess the only difference is that Hutch has been sitting on the bench the last few games before the break and Bucky has been playing.

That and the travel to/from New York is shorter than Florida

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
much ado about nothing.
likely 100% a paper transaction. Phillips ain't getting on a plane to head to Wpg.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

He's already been doing media rounds in Tampa this morning. He'll be on the ice for skills comp this evening.

He'll play half of the 3 on 3 game, Rinne will play the other half. Of course if they win they'll end up playing another game.

I also don't think it's beyond the realm of possibilities that Maurice has a change of heart and starts Helle on Tuesday.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm okay with that.

Hutch would go into a deep, slow burn...

Maybe, but I think the decision making process there would be obvious with the AHL ASG the day before. An ASG isn't to taxing but the travel might be an issue.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
He already said he plans to sit Hellebuyck vs. TB.
Possibly but he also said earlier this season he didn't like playing a goalie 3 games in 4 nights and he did that last week so I wouldn't be surprised to see him change his mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad