Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign Morgan Barron (2yr, 1.35m AAV)

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Looks like they have Barron-Lowry penciled in as line 'pairings' but I always though Lowry-Apples was the better half of that... would really like to see Barron-Kupari as our fourth line combo of Centres
Not sure how you conclude that's penciled in already? Niederreiter and Appleton were playing next to Lowry to finish off the year when the line-up was healthy. now that they have some improved scoring depth i can see 1 or both of barron and appleton being usurped on the depth chart

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not sure how you conclude that's penciled in already? Niederreiter and Appleton were playing next to Lowry to finish off the year when the line-up was healthy. and that

Yup. Barron has Iafallo and Nino ahead of him for the third line LW slot imo. Whichever one isn't in the top 6 to start will get that spot.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Not sure how you conclude that's penciled in already? Niederreiter and Appleton were playing next to Lowry to finish off the year when the line-up was healthy. now that they have some improved scoring depth i can see 1 or both of barron and appleton being usurped on the depth chart
Good point - that was a nice line... I was looking at it from the whole season where Barron was paired with Lowry prob twice as often as Apples was

But like I said I'd rather see Barron on the 4th line sharing C duties

Reactions: AlaskaJet

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Good signing. Hard working action man.
Yeah, a real trooper...

newspress-collage-26683186-1682019611323.jpg

Glad to have you back Barron...:thumbu:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
i think for Cup-team or a team looking to make long PO run he's better suited as a 4th liner. last off-season i was wondering why there was so much hype on him, and although he does try hard, didn't really amount to much on the score-sheet. nor did it really elevate that third line to CLT-like overall on-ice results. i think this is a fine deal for both sides i guess? here's to hoping he has some finishing touch for 23-24 and no prolonged droughts.
That's definitely his ideal role. Hopefully there is still some room for growth. He is still pretty inexperienced by NHL standards.

Solid show me contract

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
That's definitely his ideal role. Hopefully there is still some room for growth. He is still pretty inexperienced by NHL standards.

Solid show me contract
Yeah he's in the prime age really for fwds but inexperienced. Not sure if his poor scoring stats were bc of poor luck, just a bad finisher etc since there's not much NHL history on him

IIRC he was -7 in GF vs xgf. So definitely room for improvement.
Good point - that was a nice line... I was looking at it from the whole season where Barron was paired with Lowry prob twice as often as Apples was

But like I said I'd rather see Barron on the 4th line sharing C duties
Appleton did miss half the year bc of injury. And spelled in the top6 with RW injuries (ehlers) so yeah id think he has far less TOI with Lowry than Barron did

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Looks like they have Barron-Lowry penciled in as line 'pairings' but I always though Lowry-Apples was the better half of that... would really like to see Barron-Kupari as our fourth line combo of Centres
When Barron and Lowry played together Lowry paced for 56 points, when Barron was moved to the 4th line Lowry's numbers fell off a cliff. I don't even think Appleton should be on the starting roster come game one.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Barron is my dark-horse "breakout" candidate to become a high-impact middle 6 F. He has very good speed and size, protects the puck well, and he has some skill. Maybe a Mason Marchment type.
Absolutely 100% agree. If we move people up the lineup due to injuries I think he deserves a shot. He does a lot of things well.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
When Barron and Lowry played together Lowry paced for 56 points, when Barron was moved to the 4th line Lowry's numbers fell off a cliff. I don't even think Appleton should be on the starting roster come game one.
Are you starting AJF over him? I think Apples is better on the PK.

Barron Lowry Appleton would be a sweet 4th line.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Are you starting AJF over him? I think Apples is better on the PK.

Barron Lowry Appleton would be a sweet 4th line.
With Lowry's commitment to the org and his leadership role, I don't see him getting 4th line minutes unless the entire structure of how the coach roles his lines is changed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad