Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign Morgan Barron (2yr, 1.35m AAV)

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
When is the last time the Jets started the year with 3 players on the 4th line that can all be reasonably expected to score 30 points?
If they trade Schiefele without a similar replacement, they'll need to have a much stronger bottom six than past years. Maybe not a bad strategy to have a more balanced 4 lines.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Needs to improve his finish but I also think he can be a high impact third line winger.
Haha I was just thinking that Jets need to get him more draws this year to see if we can get him back to C again

If they trade Schiefele without a similar replacement, they'll need to have a much stronger bottom six than past years. Maybe not a bad strategy to have a more balanced 4 lines.
Even with Scheif, balancing four lines is kind of necessary now.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
So Jets will have $7m? Going by Chevy's money management style...
Kupari 1.1
Stan 1.1
Vilardi 2.4
$3m left over (?)

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Kupari 1.1
Stan 1.1
Vilardi 2.4
$3m left over (?)
1 x 1m
1 x 1.25m
2 x 3.25m
1.5m left for bonuses and injuries?

I'd offer Vilardi a 1 x 4m. A show me contract. At the very least, with Vilardi, we probably have a 55-60 point 2RW that plays the PP. High end would be 1C but I am hoping and will be happy with a 2C.

This is a big contract for Barron. It leaves him one year away for being an UFA. He could really set himself up well for a life setting contract after this one. I can see him getting a 4 year deal if he performs on this one.
If we had Barron Lowry Apples as the 4th line next season, I'd wager that the team makes the playoffs.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
i think for Cup-team or a team looking to make long PO run he's better suited as a 4th liner. last off-season i was wondering why there was so much hype on him, and although he does try hard, didn't really amount to much on the score-sheet. nor did it really elevate that third line to CLT-like overall on-ice results. i think this is a fine deal for both sides i guess? here's to hoping he has some finishing touch for 23-24 and no prolonged droughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Kupari 1.1
Stan 1.1
Vilardi 2.4
$3m left over (?)

Yeah I see 2@ 1.1 for each of Kupri and Stanley. I see two @800k for Chisholm (major thing will be if both years are one way).

Vilardi I see the org trying to go long at 5.5 for 6 years.

I also still expect a dmen to be traded to free some more cap space.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
i think for Cup-team or a team looking to make long PO run he's better suited as a 4th liner. last off-season i was wondering why there was so much hype on him, and although he does try hard, didn't really amount to much on the score-sheet. nor did it really elevate that third line to CLT-like overall on-ice results. i think this is a fine deal for both sides i guess? here's to hoping he has some finishing touch for 23-24 and no prolonged droughts.
Looks like they have Barron-Lowry penciled in as line 'pairings' but I always though Lowry-Apples was the better half of that... would really like to see Barron-Kupari as our fourth line combo of Centres

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah I see 2@ 1.1 for each of Kupri and Stanley. I see two @800k for Chisholm (major thing will be if both years are one way).

Vilardi I see the org trying to go long at 5.5 for 6 years.

I also still expect a dmen to be traded to free some more cap space.

These seem reasonable -- I see no reason to resign Stanley with Capo still in the stable and Chisholm / Heinola fighting for a spot. He's had longer looks in more favourable circs than pretty much any other rookie D since JMo / Trouba.

They need to let him go, hopefully via trade. Chevy can't keep all his guys, especially with the current LDH logjam.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
These seem reasonable -- I see no reason to resign Stanley with Capo still in the stable and Chisholm / Heinola fighting for a spot. He's had longer looks in more favourable circs than pretty much any other rookie D since JMo / Trouba.

They need to let him go, hopefully via trade. Chevy can't keep all his guys, especially with the current LDH logjam.

I agree that he should be traded but they still have to ink him to a deal to make him attractive to other teams.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad