Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign ass't Coaching staff, Rick St. Croix new developmental goalie coach

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I went to Rick St. Croix's goalie school when I was a kid. I think Pavelec may be able to learn something from some of those drills.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I went to Rick St. Croix's goalie school when I was a kid. I think Pavelec may be able to learn something from some of those drills.

I thought his camps sucked, preferred GDI much more myself, better ratio and they actually corrected mistakes on the spot unlike the other camp. But Im sure he's a fine one on one coach.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I thought his camps sucked, preferred GDI much more myself, better ratio and they actually corrected mistakes on the spot unlike the other camp. But Im sure he's a fine one on one coach.

Well I was just a house league goalie so it was just something to do in the summer. The other one I don't remember too much apart from some angle coloured dot drill. It was for 12 and under I think.

Anyway, I think he's a pretty decent goalie coach, should help Flaherty at least in his coaching methods.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg

A ton of my skating technique I use to this day comes from drills/info Rick taught. I like him :)

papasan

Dec 24, 2013
Winnipeg
Did the JETS make a mistake? There sure seems to be no improvement on defence or in goaltending. Maybe after 5 years with some of these coaches changes should have been made.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Did the JETS make a mistake? There sure seems to be no improvement on defence or in goaltending. Maybe after 5 years with some of these coaches changes should have been made.

There appeared to be improvements last year. So: which is are the real Jets, and which version do the current coaches get credit for?

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
lol, that song made that video worth watching.

TO be fair, you could compile a long video of Lidstrom's mistakes too, defencemen play a lot of minutes and they are far from perfect.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think a lot of what Huddy did in his career is really over blown because he was lucky enough to be on the Oilers with arguably one of the best teams ever assembled. A pylon playing defence could get 50-60 points with teammates like Gretz, Messier, Kurri, Anderson and Coffey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad