Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign ass't Coaching staff, Rick St. Croix new developmental goalie coach

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Jets re-sign entire assistant coaching staff, sign St. Croix

Nothing really to add, except that I guess this means that Imoo is no longer the goalie coach for Hellebuyck, which I think is a bit unfortunate.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
St. Croix is supposed to be great, but Imoo has been doing a pretty good job.
Better than Flats in my opinion.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
So is he replacing Dusty Imoo?

Sounds like it. Unfortunate, as Imoo has done great with the goalies he has worked with. St. Croix has some done some really nice work with the goalies he has worked with though. Reimer, Schneider, Bernier for a short while, Läck for a short while, Scrivens for a short while. He has had a goalie school for a while, and is very experienced. Now, experienced doesn't necessarily mean good, but I think he'll do well.

St. Croix is supposed to be great, but Imoo has been doing a pretty good job.
Better than Flats in my opinion.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of Flaherty. If Pavelec can repeat what he did last season, I might change my tune regarding Flaherty, but right now, I consider him a meh goalie coach who was saved by Pavelec having a career year.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
They haven't mentioned losing Imoo though.. I wonder if it's something along the lines of Flaherty full time on Jets, St. Croix full time on Moose, and Imoo going from place to place to see / work with prospects.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I would like to see Flaherty canned and would have preferred not to renew Vincent. I do like Huddy and St.Croix.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
St. Croix is the guy who scouted Connor Hellebuyck and was the Moose/Ice Caps goalie coach from 2008-2011. Some of the prospects he coached went on to do well: Schneider and Lack with the Moose; Reimer and Bernier had some good years with him in Toronto.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
St. Croix is the guy who scouted Connor Hellebuyck and was the Moose/Ice Caps goalie coach from 2008-2011. Some of the prospects he coached went on to do well: Schneider and Lack with the Moose; Reimer and Bernier had some good years with him in Toronto.

That's what I was thinking.

St.Croix discovered Hellebuyck. He found a gem in the rough. Promote him to head goaltending coach!

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I mean, St. Croix deserves a big bag o' money thrown at him just for discovering Hellebuyck. Might as well give him a job while we're at it.

Should also be noted that Pasquale did fairly well when he was working with St. Croix.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Flaherty did not prevent Hutch from being figured out nor counter it. Considering how long they were together I find it doubtful he had anything to do with Pavs late season turnaround. Should be gone.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

If he found Hellebuyck, then its good he is back.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They haven't mentioned losing Imoo though.. I wonder if it's something along the lines of Flaherty full time on Jets, St. Croix full time on Moose, and Imoo going from place to place to see / work with prospects.

"Rick St. Croix added as developmental goalie coach"

From that language it would be St. Croix moving around but since they didn't mention Imoo who knows?

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Curious about the negative perception of Flaherty on this board. Is there any inside information that he isn't good, or is this based off of Pavs play?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Curious about the negative perception of Flaherty on this board. Is there any inside information that he isn't good, or is this based off of Pavs play?

We had this discussion once. I haven't seen anything pointing toward Flaherty being a positive influence on our goalies save for Pavelec's last season. If he can repeat that, I'll be more inclined to give Flaherty credit.

Donald

Jan 31, 2013
'Tis true. Our goalies have always been terrible or mediocre except for the times they are good or great.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Imoo hired by the Kings

@lakingsinsider: New Goaltending Development: Dusty Imoo. Ex-WHLer replaces ex-WHLer Kim Dillabaugh under Goaltending Coach and ex-WHLer Bill Ranford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad