Confirmed with Link: Jets re-acquire C Paul Stastny!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
upload_2020-10-9_8-51-46.png

Reactions: roccerfeller

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I would think his style & smarts would keep him very useful for a couple more years at least. I think he's a good fit with either Laine or Connor. Ehlers-Stastny-Laine was a sweet line.

Reactions: Ginger Papa and GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I might be a bit of an outlier, but I don't think Stastny will move the needle that much for the Jets next season. Will Laine want to play on a 2nd line with Stastny? I have my doubts. But an Ehlers-Stastny-Wheeler might be decent.

The positives are that it prevents the Jets from making a rash move to fill the 2C slot, and it might mean the Jets are seeing Stastny as a bridge to Perfetti.

I hope the Jets receive draft pick compensation for taking Stastny's cap hit away from Vegas. That would be worthwhile.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I might be a bit of an outlier, but I don't think Stastny will move the needle that much for the Jets next season. Will Laine want to play on a 2nd line with Stastny? I have my doubts. But an Ehlers-Stastny-Wheeler might be decent.

The positives are that it prevents the Jets from making a rash move to fill the 2C slot, and it might mean the Jets are seeing Stastny as a bridge to Perfetti.

I hope the Jets receive draft pick compensation for taking Stastny's cap hit away from Vegas. That would be worthwhile.

I think he provides stability on the second line. He can still defend and pass well so he should fit better then Copp.

It will have a trickle down effect adding us to keep the Copp/Lowry third line connection.

The main thing will be grabbing one more solid dmen and having our forwards get back to playing good all around hockey.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I'm feeling Stastny + 2nd for a 5th.

I agree with this......with Cap space being as valuable as it is we should either gain assets by taking him off their hands or they retain salary...... Stastny at 33% retained by Vegas for a 5 Th round pick or Stastny plus a 2nd for our 5th

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Will Laine want to play on a 2nd line with Stastny? I have my doubts.

Laine had a very good run w/ Stastny when they were together, I can't see why he wouldn't want to play with him. Unless the issue is ice time, which I hope will increase this season.

Reactions: Psych0dad

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I guess trading Dahlstrom is sort of like some cap retention, because he's on a 1-way deal and probably doesn't fit into the Jets plans. I don't like giving up a pick for Stastny, even if it's a 4th and in 2022. But I guess Vegas held firm, and Chevy was motivated enough to grab Stastny.

Nov 24, 2006
I love this move (written before the return is known) on ice and from an asset management perspective. Stastny was perfect when he was here, it's only one year. Guys like Turris and Wennberg would be looking for longer term deals, and I'm not sure either is an upgrade over Stastny.

Edit: Just say that we gave up a 4th in 2022 and Dahlstrom. That's fine with me.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013

E-Stastny-L was a great line in 17-18, Stastny played very smart and Laine got to play more as a shooter than last season with Connor & Scheif. Depending what 2nd line will mean in terms of minutes or usage in crucial moments of the game, I can see him being very happy or very not-so-happy :)

On the other hand Connor-Stastny-Wheeler could be a really nice as well. Somehow I think we'll see CSW and EStL though.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I love this move (written before the return is known) on ice and from an asset management perspective. Stastny was perfect when he was here, it's only one year. Guys like Turris and Wennberg would be looking for longer term deals, and I'm not sure either is an upgrade over Stastny.
The 1-year term on Stastny's deal is big for the Jets. That's a positive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad