Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Maybe he flies over shortly for the AHL?
Would be ideal. Not sure there's room for him to play on the Moose, we kind of have a log jam for defense there. ECHL maybe, or maybe his SHL team will call him up.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If he's talking about more than one person, it's "all y'all".

I lived in the south for 10 years. Long enough to pick up their verbiage, but not long enough to lose mine. I'd use "y'all" and "eh" in the same sentence

:laugh: Luvit.
All y'all come back now, EH. :laugh:

Reactions: Buffdog

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Haven't been paying much attention to Austin Wong but he has 11 points in 21 USHL games. I was hoping for a lot more from him.
He’s a 7th rounder... not sure what you’re expecting tbh?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
He’s a 7th rounder... not sure what you’re expecting tbh?

I've long thought that 7 rounds is too many. I would cap the draft at 5 rounds. Anyone that's left, congrats you are free agents and can sign with any team. Maybe a bit of a consolation prize for making them sit for hours in an arena only to be treated like the red-headed step child. And before anyone points out the many post-5th round picks who have gone on to long and illustrious NHL careers, I would say look at all the players from the 1st round on that don't make it. Maybe limiting the draft to 5 rounds forces teams to up their scouting expertise. Would this benefit the more attractive markets with free agent appeal? Of course it would. But in the big picture for us, it probably just means a few less players guaranteed for the Moose or Jacksonville.

Reactions: DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
I mean, I was hoping he would take a step forward with another year of development rather than a step back? Not sure why that's something to take issue with?

Where am I taking an issue? No issue at all.. it’s just a 7th rounder is just that. Absolute long shot to be an NHLer. I was just be frank. Sorry

Reactions: HannuJ

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
When I look at our defensive prospects I can’t help but feel somewhat positive.

I have a good enough read on Heinola and Samberg but can someone give me an idea of who from the rest has a good chance of playing NHL games.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
When I look at our defensive prospects I can’t help but feel somewhat positive.

I have a good enough read on Heinola and Samberg but can someone give me an idea of who from the rest has a good chance of playing NHL games.
Stanley I imagine will almost certainly get some games (warranted or not).

Kovacevic is probably almost NHL ready and could replace Poolman. And then if Gawanke and Chisholm continue to progress I’d say they’re next most likely.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Stanley I imagine will almost certainly get some games (warranted or not).

Kovacevic is probably almost NHL ready and could replace Poolman. And then if Gawanke and Chisholm continue to progress I’d say they’re next most likely.

Did I hear Stanley is penciled in for tonight?

Reactions: snowkiddin

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Already Kraskovsky's best season - by far. Has he ever shown much interest in coming to NA?

I think he was on record saying he was planning on joining the Moose but then covid came. I wonder if he’d still consider that or if his recent success in Russia convinces him to stay put.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think he was on record saying he was planning on joining the Moose but then covid came. I wonder if he’d still consider that or if his recent success in Russia convinces him to stay put.

There have been a few other Russians who blossomed in the K before coming to NA and who have done well. Some have also failed to translate their success. If Kraskovsky is ever going to do it it needs to be very soon or he will simply age out. But with Covid, next year is probably soon enough.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Haven't been paying much attention to Austin Wong but he has 11 points in 21 USHL games. I was hoping for a lot more from him.

I don't think we drafted him to score. Think he's in that Tanev kind of role if he makes the NHL, guy who skates hard, plays heavy, violent, energetic, maybe develops a bit of touch depending on his linemates.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I don't think we drafted him to score. Think he's in that Tanev kind of role if he makes the NHL, guy who skates hard, plays heavy, violent, energetic, maybe develops a bit of touch depending on his linemates.
Doesn't matter why we drafted him, highly doubt if he makes NHL not that I've watched him but very few in later rounds do. From what is written on here, hardly seems like he's blowing ppl away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad