Pre-Game Talk: Jets-Penguins Tuesday Feb 6

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Extending Gus on IR isn't really great for saving cap dollars. Ideally you'd wanna clear the IR if possible till the deadline to maximize capspace at the deadlne.

I noticed that, odd answer and the refusal to elaborate.
They are trying to limit how many players they have to put through waivers.

Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Just for you I'll try to fill the void:

THIS WHAT I SAY ALL TIME! : ( I AM AT VERY VERY ANGRY AT THIS POINT )

THIS :

Scheiflee suffering with line there no C is!!! THIS Lowry loosing all faceoff, he cant pass a single puck, he cant go through one sinlge player. etc etc. he cant feed puck at all. Scheiflee just skating and doing all things right out there but he IS ALONE!!! HE NEEDS PLAYERS TO play with!!! daaaaa m n !!!

this line line Three checking players. their offens is putting puck to end at best for attack. this suck. Scheiflee suffering have to play nonhockey!!! Lowry like very very very weak winger. HE NO C! DAAA M N! PUTTING LOWRY TO C THIS LINE AND OUT WITH THIS EHLERS , . HE NOT WORTHY PLAYING WITH MIGHTY SCHEIFLEE! OR APPLETOWN C HERE. BUT NAMES BEST. LOWRY NO C!!!

LISTEN FOLKS! LISTEN!!! THEY COME LIKE THROUGH OPEN WELCOMING GATE THROUGH LOWRY AT MIDDLESECTIONs!! I HAVE SEEN THIS EVEY GAME SINCE THIS "c" ARRIVED. WAKE UP COACH YOURE ON DEEP SLEEP!!! LOWRY FOR TRADE ASAP. TIL DEN PUTTING HIM DOWNWARDS IN LINES. WE NEED LAINE UPWARDS. EHLERS AWAY FRom SCHEIFLEE. SCHEIFLEE TO FIRST. ACTING NOW!!!

Scheiflee must also have richly icetimes whcih he not getting. PP is catastrophy. Scheiflee must needs to play pp nonstop. ridiculously pp1 playing. only order is to give all puck to LAINE and he pass to buff who putting brakes on and putting back to Wheelers who putting some soft at goal, while Scheiflee is there at other side looking at this. PUT DAMN PASSING SKILL FOR SCHEIFLEE IN PP. NO MORRISEE AT PP. HE NOT SKILL. HE HAVE 0 SKILL!!! he slow and dumb playing

LAINE TRADE AND PP 1 IS HUGE ERROR!!! PLONK MUST GO OUT OF THIS. ALSO THE WINGER LOWRY!!! HE IS STALE LIKE StATUE OUT THERE. NO PASSING SKILL!!! so much at this team so wrong. and coach thinking he some kind of hero professor. he only saved by team has more better players than opposite teams. BUT PLAYERS HERE ARE AT WRONG LINES. MOST TRUST IS GIVEN TO BADDER PLAYERS!!! BETTER PLAYERS ARE HIDDEN AT THIRD FOURTH LINES! SOME PLAYERS WRONGLY IN HERODRESSES HERE! THIS SUCKS!! TAKING THE ICETIMES THE BETTER PLAYERS SHOULD HAVING!!!

PUTTING A CENTER TO SCHEIFLEE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLONK OUT OF PP HE IS EATING IT!!! I DONT SEE EHLERS AND LOWRY GETTING ONE SINGLE PASS TO SCHEIFLEE AT OFFENSIVE ZOUN AT ANY GAME SORT OF............WHEN IS THERE GOING TO GET PLAYERS TO SCHEIFLEE TO PLAY WITH???????????????????????? THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG WORDS BUT IMPORTANT!

AM VERY VERY ANGRY AT THIS TEAM CAOCHING FARTS!

Sir avgard hockeyprofessor

{Hope that will tide you over}

m.
Copied and saved for future reference. I see a number of things:

- farmhand O'Connor not scolded for large iceminits to be suited for beerleague minits
- hero professor :) (love this)
- Laine trade heavily lamented:laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31 and Buffdog

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
It is time there is a GDT dedicated to @avgard sharing some of his greatest hits, esp for the newer posters here who weren't around when we had the blessing of "Sir Avgard hockeyprofessor" sharing his pearls of hockey wisdom on this board.
Lets us all get to zoun and eat heavily of choklit bars, and imbibe workings of hockey professors of the Avgaardian ilk.

Last edited:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Speaking of hitting on 20-something women...

Story time!

Many, many, *many* years ago while I was going through University, I started seeing a lady in the same class I was in. We started talking and I sent her a rose for Valentine's Day.

Anyways, during this courtship period, I was in the very large Engineering room that mostly used as a study hall. An exam was about to start for some class, so my friends and I had to leave. As we exited, there was this really hot co-ed who was looking for a specific classroom in the building.

Well, being a rather friendly individual, I explained to her that the classroom she needed to go to was on the other side of the room we just exited. Since an exam had started, she needed to go up or down one floor to go around the long way.

That building was confusing for those who weren't used to it, so I offered to show her to the class she was late for. She told me no, thank you, so I told her to have a nice day and walked off.

From my friends' perspective, it looked like I was shamelessly hitting on her. Which, of course, I wasn't, as I had just started seeing the other lady I mentioned earlier, and I wasn't the type to do stuff like that.

This became the story of when I hit on a woman and wasn't aware of it :laugh:

I got made fun off that one for a few years afterwards.

(Ironically, the thing with the lady I started sort of seeing didn't end well. We went out on one date, hung around the University working on assignments and studying and whatnot after that, then during the summer when I asked if she wanted to go out again she just told me she wanted to be just friends. Still haven't figured out what went wrong there, haha)

Reactions: Stumbledore

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)

THIS :

Scheiflee suffering with line there no C is!!! THIS Lowry loosing all faceoff, he cant pass a single puck, he cant go through one sinlge player. etc etc. he cant feed puck at all. Scheiflee just skating and doing all things right out there but he IS ALONE!!! HE NEEDS PLAYERS TO play with!!! daaaaa m n !!!

this line line Three checking players. their offens is putting puck to end at best for attack. this suck. Scheiflee suffering have to play nonhockey!!! Lowry like very very very weak winger. HE NO C! DAAA M N! PUTTING LOWRY TO C THIS LINE AND OUT WITH THIS EHLERS , . HE NOT WORTHY PLAYING WITH MIGHTY SCHEIFLEE! OR APPLETOWN C HERE. BUT NAMES BEST. LOWRY NO C!!!

LISTEN FOLKS! LISTEN!!! THEY COME LIKE THROUGH OPEN WELCOMING GATE THROUGH LOWRY AT MIDDLESECTIONs!! I HAVE SEEN THIS EVEY GAME SINCE THIS "c" ARRIVED. WAKE UP COACH YOURE ON DEEP SLEEP!!! LOWRY FOR TRADE ASAP. TIL DEN PUTTING HIM DOWNWARDS IN LINES. WE NEED LAINE UPWARDS. EHLERS AWAY FRom SCHEIFLEE. SCHEIFLEE TO FIRST. ACTING NOW!!!

Scheiflee must also have richly icetimes whcih he not getting. PP is catastrophy. Scheiflee must needs to play pp nonstop. ridiculously pp1 playing. only order is to give all puck to LAINE and he pass to buff who putting brakes on and putting back to Wheelers who putting some soft at goal, while Scheiflee is there at other side looking at this. PUT DAMN PASSING SKILL FOR SCHEIFLEE IN PP. NO MORRISEE AT PP. HE NOT SKILL. HE HAVE 0 SKILL!!! he slow and dumb playing

LAINE TRADE AND PP 1 IS HUGE ERROR!!! PLONK MUST GO OUT OF THIS. ALSO THE WINGER LOWRY!!! HE IS STALE LIKE StATUE OUT THERE. NO PASSING SKILL!!! so much at this team so wrong. and coach thinking he some kind of hero professor. he only saved by team has more better players than opposite teams. BUT PLAYERS HERE ARE AT WRONG LINES. MOST TRUST IS GIVEN TO BADDER PLAYERS!!! BETTER PLAYERS ARE HIDDEN AT THIRD FOURTH LINES! SOME PLAYERS WRONGLY IN HERODRESSES HERE! THIS SUCKS!! TAKING THE ICETIMES THE BETTER PLAYERS SHOULD HAVING!!!

PUTTING A CENTER TO SCHEIFLEE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLONK OUT OF PP HE IS EATING IT!!! I DONT SEE EHLERS AND LOWRY GETTING ONE SINGLE PASS TO SCHEIFLEE AT OFFENSIVE ZOUN AT ANY GAME SORT OF............WHEN IS THERE GOING TO GET PLAYERS TO SCHEIFLEE TO PLAY WITH???????????????????????? THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG WORDS BUT IMPORTANT!

m.

THIS :

m.
I am tided

THIS :

m.
Sir, this is very very very glad to hear you are blowing sigh of relieve all of us hear to beleive you are a live and not like that daaaa m n coach you send to us in Helsinki for Juniors, PooMoo you called him. I am not like he should known better playing with all the time SooSinMaari good Suomi boys from Timmins and Kenouri.

Good job!

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
One thing I've learned in the last few hours. Trying to emulate Avgard's style is challenging indeed!

m.

It took me a good 20 mins to write a 5 line post in Avgard's style. It looks like nonsense at the surface level but there is an internal logic to it that takes a lot of work to nail.I admire his dedication. Generational troll.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad