Proposal: Jets-Panthers

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That offer would make Panthers scary but if Trouba goes Jets need a longterm option at RD back somehow.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I figure Borgstrom is a top 6 center as early as next season. Pysyk gives the Jets a low term RHD option, and they get a 1st. Dump is a dump.

Florida gets their answer to their top 4 without giving up a core player(not that Borgstrom won't be that kind of player but he's blocked by two very good, if not great, centers), and a goalie prospect that would help the depth.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How good can Pysyk be? I was thinking about something around Borgstrom+, how soon can Borgstrom handle top 6 mins as a C? Especially with him likely being between 2 guys that are 22U

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
How good can Pysyk be? I was thinking about something around Borgstrom+, how soon can Borgstrom handle top 6 mins as a C? Especially with him likely being between 2 guys that 22U

IMO, Borgstrom can handle top 6 center duties next year.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Winnipeg is build to win now(and longterm) and Myers isn't a guy you build a defense around, Morrissey- Trouba pairing can be that.

Winnipeg's defense is built on Byfuglien.

Morrissey-Trouba would be a great pairing, but Winnipeg has to pay them.

Getting an ELC top 6 center and a 1st would help alleviate the cap. And give the Jets ammo.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Getting an ELC top 6 center and a 1st would help alleviate the cap. And give the Jets ammo.
Morrissey-Trouba is the top pairing on the Jets. You don't think Chevy would absolutely love to lock down his U24 top pairing D-core for the next 6+ years? Depth players ie: Perreault, Kulikov, Myers, et al would be the guys to move to make the cap work, not afraid at all to pay Morrissey and Trouba.

Winnipeg is build to win now(and longterm) and Myers isn't a guy you build a defense around, Morrissey- Trouba pairing can be that.

If Trouba wants out it will be a blow to the defense no question, but I think it is manageable. I don't think the Jets will be able to acquire a similarly skilled/productive dman in a lateral trade for Trouba. If Borgstrom is acquired and can play top 6 C, it does fill a long-term need, and potentially a short-term one if Little has truly regressed. Myers in a top 4 role is quite scary defensively, but he was in that role through parts of this past year when Buff and Trouba were hurt. Don't recall what the metrics/stats were, but I remember watching the games it was quite an adventure with him.

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Buff is 3 years away from being gone unless he's willing to take a massive paycut, JMo and Trouba are the future.

Borgstrom's not an ELC top 6 C, he's an ELC question mark. We could just play our own ELC question mark at 2C if thats what we desired.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Buff is 3 years away from being gone unless he's willing to take a massive paycut, JMo and Trouba are the future.

Borgstrom's not an ELC top 6 C, he's an ELC question mark. We could just play our own ELC question mark at 2C if thats what we desired.

I don't see him as a question mark. And that's not taking anything from Roslovic, he's developing into a strong #3 and a good #2.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Trouba wants out it will be a blow to the defense no question, but I think it is manageable. I don't think the Jets will be able to acquire a similarly skilled/productive dman in a lateral trade for Trouba. If Borgstrom is acquired and can play top 6 C, it does fill a long-term need, and potentially a short-term one if Little has truly regressed. Myers in a top 4 role is quite scary defensively, but he was in that role through parts of this past year when Buff and Trouba were hurt. Don't recall what the metrics/stats were, but I remember watching the games it was quite an adventure with him.

If Jets lose Trouba they need to bring in similar young impact D-man back,
they should already with Trouba on the roster start adding more D-prospects into the system.

Offense won't hold Jets back, it's defense without Trouba.

It sure as hell shouldn't be, and they already went with Morrissey- Trouba last year because they can play against the best.

I doubt Chevy has a problem with paying Trouba, he bought cap space to pay his guys, it's about Trouba wanting to sign longterm in Winnipeg, to which we'll get an answer soon.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
they should already with Trouba on the roster start adding more D-prospects into the system.

It sure as hell shouldn't be, and they already went with Morrissey- Trouba last year because they can play against the best.

I doubt Chevy has a problem with paying Trouba, he bought cap space to pay his guys, it's about Trouba wanting to sign longterm in Winnipeg, to which we'll get an answer soon.

Fair enough

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
9 of the last 20 draft picks for the Jets have been d-men so they do seem to stocking the shelves. IMO this arbitration stuff with Trouba is his way of diplomatically saying he wants out.

Reactions: 204hockey

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
9 of the last 20 draft picks for the Jets have been d-men so they do seem to stocking the shelves. IMO this arbitration stuff with Trouba is his way of diplomatically saying he wants out.

They may have been picking them but there's no real impact D-prospects waiting, Niku be a near future top4 but he's LD and will replace Enstroms spot.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

imo it'll be tough to make a lateral move for a similarly aged/skilled/productive D back for Trouba.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Not a bad off at all. I was thinking Trocheck for Troba straight up.
The talent value is there and the age is right BUT the cost difference in contract would hurt. I dont know if Troubas handedness is the side FLA needs either.

100% fair vacuum value though so good offer I just dont think it works for Florida. And does Peg even need a 2C right now? It might not even be worth it for the Jets.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
imo it'll be tough to make a lateral move for a similarly aged/skilled/productive D back for Trouba.

It would be tough to get Trouba level D-man back but one way or another I feel Chevy would have to find that.
Neither Buff/Myers are guys you build around the defense and the prospect pool doesn't seem to have an answer for that either.

trouba connor for trochek ekblad and 1st

Might as well suggest Laine for Florida's 2019 1st.

Reactions: Laus723

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad