Feb 17, 2018
Jets Receive:

Zibanejad
Pionk
Fast
2019 2nd round pick

Reasonings:

- Jets get a long term Elite 2C who can play in between anyone

- Jets get a young Defensemen to replace Trouba long term(as well as picks to help) whole Myers and Byfuglien can do that today with ease

- Jets cap dump Little(likely a team on his rumoured 10 team trade list as well)

- Jets get a Top 9 RW who can fit beside Perreault and Roslovic/Petan in Fast

NYR Recieve:

Trouba
Little
Appleton
Stanley

Reasonings:

- Rangers receive the highest qaulity player in the trade and a young one who is a high echelon 1st Pairing Defensemen(who will help Rangers long term allot defensively beside Skjei)

- Rangers get a massive 2016 1st round defensive prospect in Stanley who is still developing(unknown where he projects but he has loads of potential) and Appleton who is a decent all around prospect(good at everything, but elite in no category, potentially a Top 6 player) to boost there rebuild.

- Little is no all-star 1C but he can drag them by for a while as they seem to be looking for high picks in the next couple drafts and help as a mentor to the prospects

- Rangers get to “Fall back for Jack(Hughes)” while being able to be “All in gear for Lafreniere(Alexis)”

Get real. Rangers would never do that. Zibanejad is younger and has more upside than Little. Trouba is one of the most overrated players in the league IMO. He's also a greedy pig and always has been. Pionk is an interesting player. Rangers aren't doing anything with him until he plays a full year. This is an awful deal for NY and one where their cap situation would become crappy again.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah but I am wrong. In my head, I have guy like Niku and Poolman as being on the team next season so I don't really consider them prospects. If they are then they are ahead of Stanley. If they aren't considered prospects then it's Stanley.

Poolman may be up and down. As it stands right now I think Niku spends most of the year with the Moose.

After them there is still Samberg before Stanley and possibly Green. Though Green is probably a coin toss.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think Bernmeister has a protégée. Saw the title and lengthy OP, coulda swore it was a Bernmeister thread. What first tipped me off was no 'currency' references.

You cannot take my name in vain as I am not God.
However, watch with the digs.
Karma is real.
What goes around comes around.
For years I said hard cap reality would lead to more trades with more pieces, so once side would not be making additional concession [beyond overall value so as to make trade fit under cap]. Got laughed at ridiculed for being ahead of my time. We now see more deals with more pieces.

And currency is an appropriate term for use.
Various mediums of exchange, a common standard, but not the same value to each.

.... why? What do you think we are doing here? None of these trades are going to happen. You don’t like what he’s putting out there you have options.
1. Don’t read his posts.
2. If you don’t like what he’s doing the best thing you can do is not reply.
3. Play the game that is actually happening on this board and manipulate the trade so it make sense to you. Don’t worry Chevy isn’t looking to you or him for trade ideas.

This^.
To the fullest extent possible, freedom of speech, competition of ideas.

:laugh: Yeah that's bad for the Jets, Doubt Trouba has any interest in the NYR long term. He's either going home to Detroit or comes here to Florida either Tampa or the Panthers to be close to his fiancee.
Also correct.
Short term it looks like FL, FL, FL, but that is dependent on the fiancee's studies. 2 years from now she may get an offer to study at Mayo Clinic, etc., and THEN that could change. But now it is FL, FL, FL.

Theoretically, the Rangers could broker a deal to help Trouba fit into FL, either Panthers or Lightning.
However, that means they have to recover what they put in, plus get profit to make it worth their while.

Jets like almost everybody else thin at RD.
Buf is a knee blow out away, and Myers looks like he'll walk next season.

Jets can either take their chances and see what develops/can be manufactured, or look at taking less to get better pieces to fit short term needs.
Pionk is obvious.
Jets have to decide if they will recognize value for Rangers to cough up DeAngelo as well as Pionk, with DeA as insurance for above scenario. But DeA, while he has yet to break out, does have talent and that would have to be recognized; he can't be a scrub throw in, b'c the current supply and demand of the market means Rangers should not throw him away, but rather hope with added development his value grows.

NY can facilitate something --- too busy to fill in all the gaps now --- and that should be extent of their involvement.
It is not worth taking on a premium for Trouba and then having to flip him cause he wants to be elsewhere. I would not do Hayes straight up for Trouba. NY must chiefly do 'build' moves and any other question mark aside, Trouba moving elsewhere is a problem long term and a problem with flipping him.

Jets can either make another serious run now as is, or can try and deal him to FL team now. That is the smart play.

------------------------------

OP, good effort and kudos for creativity.
There are assumptions about the value of the prospects, which is fair, and a non factoring that NY gets a lot for Zib on the open market.

Mean what you say and say what you mean.
keep creating.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think they are. Without knowing what the player is thinking really all we can be discussing is value.

why? What do you think we are doing here? None of these trades are going to happen. You don’t like what he’s putting out there you have options.

1. Don’t read his posts.

2. If you don’t like what he’s doing the best thing you can do is not reply.

3. Play the game that is actually happening on this board and manipulate the trade so it make sense to you. Don’t worry Chevy isn’t looking to you or him for trade ideas.
Because I find his trade proposals are outlandish and usually create bad discussion threads. That usually leads to poorer levels of discourse and a less enjoyable discussion forum.

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad