Speculation: Jets New Goal song

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I couldn't tell the goal song from watching the TSN telecast. Maybe because the crowd seemed very loud!

Anyway, love the song choice!

pavelectric

Mar 2, 2012
I don't post here often, as is evident with my username. However, I thought everyone would have been stoked about this song coming back! The jets are doing a great job celebrating our hockey heritage as they are saying!

As I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking about how neat it would be to start a tradition like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlPxhbGF8

There are far too many people who don't even stand for goals. Now they would be obligated to...jump!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Count me in as really liking the song choice. IMO they really need to turn it up though, you can barely hear it in there.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I don't post here often, as is evident with my username. However, I thought everyone would have been stoked about this song coming back! The jets are doing a great job celebrating our hockey heritage as they are saying!

As I was falling asleep last night, I was thinking about how neat it would be to start a tradition like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlPxhbGF8

There are far too many people who don't even stand for goals. Now they would be obligated to...jump!

I do not want close to 300 people jumping in unison in the loges, thank you. My faith in structural engineers is not unlimited. ;)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Back in the 90s when I went to Jets games, I used to joke that no one in the organization had listened to an album in 10 years. Now it's up to 30 years... :laugh:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
So they should play taking care of business if the Jets get an empty netter.

Favorite goal in 1.0 history. Some real emotion in that goal celebration by the players on the ice.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
One of my biggest hopes with Jets 2.0 was that we would not hear jump again. I actually like VanHalen, but that song was pop fluff crap.

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Whenever I hear Jump, to this day, I immediately look around for a TV, thinking that they're showing a Jets game and the good guys just scored.

I can't wait to hit up my first game of the season next week. :yo:

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Whenever I hear Jump, to this day, I immediately look around for a TV, thinking that they're showing a Jets game and the good guys just scored.

I can't wait to hit up my first game of the season next week. :yo:
You'll love it. The atmosphere was electric, until the team started to suck for the first 45 minutes of the game), and then electric again for the last 18 minutes (3 minutes of OT).

I hope EA sports sends out an update for NHL17, I hate the Jets goal song on that game... and it goes off often :P

cctyler

Apr 7, 2012
I only heard it after the first goal last night. They really need to turn it up.

I thought the same. There's not a lot of low end in the song (bass) and the higher frequencies get drowned out by the cheers. I'm sure in the old barn it just echoed throughout the steel shell.

I for one don't like it though, so many newer options, let it be with Jets 1.0

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
It is an improvement, but then again, breaking the audio player into 1,000,000 pieces with a sledgehammer would have improved our Goal Song, so it was a pretty low bar to get over.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Always preferred Sammy Hagar to DLR myself.

Well, duh. This album should be in everybody's classic rock collection.

Montrose_-_-s-t-.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad