Jets Need a Good Theme Song - Your Ideas ??

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
II have a "great idea" for a new Winnipeg Jet's theme song that should be played in with the music when the Jet's are leading late in the 3rd period.

This idea goes back to the late 70's when Ben Hatskin signed Bobby Hull for $ 1 million to come to Winnipeg, and form the WHL.

A song that as played at that time was Benny and the Jets -- by Elton John.

This needs to be redone to be Chevy and the Jets -- need to make over the song a bit.

The song is very catchy, and from a good singer in Elton John--and I'd like to see it brought back. Maybe some of you other posters have ideas as well. Go ahead let's hear your ideas -- be so nice to have a great "theme song" blaring over the PA system.

I don't think you can beat " Chevy and the Jets" since Chevy has become sort of a hero here in Winnipeg.

For those who haven't heard the song "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John--please listen to it.

Here's a link -click and have a listen

Last edited:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Looking at the lyrics to Bennie and the Jets, they would definitely work changing them to a Winnipeg Jets song.

One problem is that the song is pretty mellow. It's not going to get everyone hyped up.

This one from 2015 is a total hype song. We need something like that. Start with a song that gets you pumping your arms in the air and go from there.

Reactions: Trilliann

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If i was in control of the music , the Jets would come out of the dressing room to Dr feelgood and every PP Kickstart my heart both by Motley Crue . Great get you going music , especially played real loud . :yo:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
All the cringe. Every bit of cringe to be had.

Re-writing songs with the players' names and referencing how awesomely they shoot, pass, hit or save: bush league.

Last time we had one of these things it made me a little bit ashamed, honestly, that the people of our fair city didn't run the perpetrator out of town.

Instead, we should have a song, recorded by a legitimate recording artist which was not created for the purposes of naming as many Jets as possible (or promoting a radio station's morning show,) but conveys the attitude we want our opponents to be exposed to.

The Blackhawks' choice of Chelsea Dagger is a great example. The nananas are like the audio equivalent of a 9 year old sticking their tongue out at you. Failing finding a song that captures a certain spirit, my suggestion:

A chant. A post-goal chant to become a tradition for the whole crowd and all Winnipeggers to get behind. It could become the secret handshake of Winnipeggers all around the world.

I'm not sure I've got my finger on a good one, but the sentiment I'd like to express is something along the lines of "we just scored and we're about to do it again."

Ideas?

Reactions: purdy44 and GNP

Ibanezrokr

Mar 22, 2018
Crush em by Megadeth. Just the chorus even, you can que the screen and kill the audio to have the crowd yell 'CRUSH!' 'CRUSH EM!'

Heads I win, tails you lose,
Outta my way Im coming through.
Roll the dice dont think twice
And we crush, CRUSH!, crush em, CRUSH EM!

or the other chorus

Now we lay you, down to rest.
You'll never be more than second best.
Step inside, youre in for a ride
And we crush, CRUSH!, crush em, CRUSH EM!

I mean, Dave Mustaine basically wrote it for sports highlights. It works pretty well.

Megadeth - Crush 'Em(Music Video) - YouTube

Start at about 0:53.

Cheers!

jetsy

Arny Palmy alert!
Feb 14, 2012
Winnipeg Arena
Does anyone else think of a weather report off the radio (99.9, 94.3?) when they hear Jump?

And I don't mind this year's goal song but the first one we had (Gimme a hell! Gimme a yeah!) was fantastic. It really took a nosedive after that.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
can we all just agree that it be back that ass up by juvenile and have buff twerk all song?

YA U WERKIN WIT SOME AZ YEAH WANNA GRAB YEAH!!!

Reactions: purdy44

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Red River Jig!
Yea it’s a little cheesy but way better than a canned song that every other team uses...it’s unique..and it’s purely Manitoban...kinda Hipster Cool

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad