OT: Jets Lounge: "Winnipeg Fire Department Rocks!" - rguy56

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Hey, hey slow down mister. You don't talk about our cars that way, all right? I'm not gonna **** on your weird stuff coming out of trees either, are we clear?

(actually a big fan of maple syrup. <3)

Yeah it was just one model that vw suv. No power assist whatsoever when it was really cold.. They wouldn't do anything about it.

On a related note the same person out a vw tdi in a ford ranger and gets 45 mpg doing a rural delivery route.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Sucks to hear. I really thought he was going to.pull through.

with his initial diagnosis, his odds of surviving past 5 years were pretty darn low.
his lack of response to his initial chemo treatment was a (bad) indicator that his odds were decreasing.

think i gave him 2 years upon diagnosis and i was pretty correct.
recently, i said that he wouldn't make it past the summer. you can always see the direction things take.
once his family started the "Get well" page, i knew that it was weeks, not months.

anyways, my point isn't about me being correct about his decline. the odds were always, always against him. it was a rare type of cancer growing in an unfortunate location. once it grows where his grew, your odds are slim. it's likely stage 3 by that point.

as a Torontonian, i feel bad for his family. but i felt bad for them when he was alive. having to hear your husband/dad give this sort of presser is nuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4siKr6qY8w

in the end, he died as he lived. it was shocking and unusual and abrupt. Toronto lost a character, to put it mildly.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Reminds me of the car dealership add in some newspaper, that said "Buy low emission VW-vehicle and get award winning Nokian Tyres for free" :sarcasm:

Nokian Tyres were accused of manipulating test results :laugh:

Gotta love the good ol' rally english! :yo:

I'm addicted to watching hydraulic presses crush things. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Volkswagens is the worst. When it's cold there's zero assist randomly. Armstrong steering. And they won't do anything about it because there's no codes.

My VW electric steering is great. Seldom gets really cold as it is garaged all the time (detached, unheated but still big difference).

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
So here's the deal.

This firefighter title will not stand, and I will mercilessly make fun of all the mods on this board until it gets changed. It will be merciless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia