OT: Jets Lounge: Winds of Winter (no Star Wars spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Has anyone been to Denver to watch a game? A friend and I booked our flights yesterday for the Nov 11 game.

Yep, went there in November of last year for Jets-Avalanche and Patriots-Broncos.

Avs tickets are pretty inexpensive, got seats 12 rows from the ice for just under $100 (CDN) a pop. Not much happening right around Pepsi Center, but it's about a 10 minute walk from LoDo (Lower Downtown Denver), which is packed with restaurants and bars.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Has anyone been to Denver to watch a game? A friend and I booked our flights yesterday for the Nov 11 game.

I haven't been but my Dad has been going for the past 6 or 7 years and my friends have been down. I hear it is fantastic and easy to get in and out of with a massive organized cab stand at the stadium.

Been down for Rockies baseball and concerts and the city is great. Some would say even better now with their new green initiative.;)

Nice night for Forte in fantasy tonight.:handclap:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Won a scholarship for a research project over summer. Looks like I can afford to watch this season legally after all. ;)

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Legally over the pond down under is...? Just Game center is it? Or whatever MLBAM did... Edit my goodness that isn't reader friendly.. What is legal viewing in the lower hemisphere?

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Cheers guys :)

Legally over sea down under is...? Just Game center is it? Or whatever MLBAM did

Yep. The service isn't fantastic but it is the easiest and only legal option. No blackouts to worry about down here either. Last season I only subscribed for the three months I was out of school but I'll most likely do a full sub again this time.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Cheers guys :)

Yep. The service isn't fantastic but it is the easiest and only legal option. No blackouts to worry about down here either. Last season I only subscribed for the three months I was out of school but I'll most likely do a full sub again this time.
How much? Full package? Just Jets? I'm genuinely curious.
I'm assuming the initial cheers guys meant that the flying kiwi bounced

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
How much? Full package? Just Jets? I'm genuinely curious.
I'm assuming the initial cheers guys meant that the flying kiwi bounced

How much I pay depends a lot on how the US dollar is doing at the time. The monthly subscription was for all games and it was $20US/mo. The year before I paid about $150NZ for the complete package and the dollars were down so it was pretty good. Last year the full package was going to run me over $200NZ because the USD had bounced back. The team packs really aren't worth it, at least from what I've read so far. I'm also a Sharks fan and like being able to flick through the various games. From what I've seen on the website they've scrapped them this year.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
How much I pay depends a lot on how the US dollar is doing at the time. The monthly subscription was for all games and it was $20US/mo. The year before I paid about $150NZ for the complete package and the dollars were down so it was pretty good. Last year the full package was going to run me over $200NZ because the USD had bounced back. The team packs really aren't worth it, at least from what I've read so far. I'm also a Sharks fan and like being able to flick through the various games. From what I've seen on the website they've scrapped them this year.
I hear that. I love cruising through games. Especially jumping to OT 3 on 3. Had buddy over that doesn't follow so much and I'd jump to OT and he'd jump off the end of the couch. The shinny style really made things jump for him

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think Winnipeg would support it fine too. Had no idea how deep the MLB farm system goes - looks like Twins have 7 minor league affiliates?? Something I'm missing here at all?

One thing thats interesting is St.Paul has higher attendance than Goldeyes - strange considering all the teams in MSP area (Vikings, Twins, Timberwolves, Wild, etc) - must be a reason for that when Laredo, TX and Joplin, MO can't even get 1000.

What inconsistencies and mistakes are you referring to? Players or league management stuff?

Part of the reason I go to so many games is because its a 15 minute walk to Shaw Park from where I live - I went enough earlier to start following it this season and now am pretty hooked.

Just execution stuff with the players because of the level. I am really glad the Goldeyes are in Winnipeg, I honestly think they could have had a small hand in the growth of Winnipeg sports and the Jets coming back. I just can't get into cheering for a team that plays such a low level of ball.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I was invited to see the Bronco's play when they are here in Tampa at the beginning of October. Everyone who is going (work peeps) are Broncs fans. Man they are going to be pissed when I rep the Bucs!

I really don't care about football (though I am starting to finally get excited for the Bombers again), but I figure if I am here in Tampa for a while I should get behind the teams (Except the Lightning. F that :) )

As for the whole biking debate (sorry for bringing it up again, came in late). I don't care if bikes use the sidewalk, or the street. However, we have to figure out which it is and then develop a plan for that and HOLD BICYCLISTS RESPONSIBLE FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES. Nothing more infuriating then bikers demanding they are treated as a motorist on the roads then running red lights, occupying the same lane as a motor vehicle to pass, using crosswalks and sidewalks when it is convienient for them.

IF you are using the roads, you need to follow the same rules as everyone else, plain and simple. It's just too dangerous right now.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Just execution stuff with the players because of the level. I am really glad the Goldeyes are in Winnipeg, I honestly think they could have had a small hand in the growth of Winnipeg sports and the Jets coming back. I just can't get into cheering for a team that plays such a low level of ball.

Totally agree. It definitely helped with the revitalization of downtown. Not as much as the Jets return of course - but proved people would spend a day or night here if the venue and attraction was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad