OT: Jets Lounge: This place is even weirder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It really does keep getting better. I have known people who started and quit watching it and that is a shame because it does build. Those that pushed through seemed to really love it. They flush out the characters more and the dynamics between characters grows. I think it takes some people a while to adjust to the fact it is a bit of a period piece being shot right after the towers came down in New York. The creator of the series really gets cadence and pace and understands the nuances of bureaucracy and politics at the municipal level really well. It creates a tension of inefficiency that is both frustrating to watch while being beautiful.

The guy who is probably my favourite character doesn't even get introduced until season 3 (played Aiden Gillen, better known these days as Littlefinger in Game of Thrones).

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The guy who is probably my favourite character doesn't even get introduced until season 3 (played Aiden Gillen, better known these days as Littlefinger in Game of Thrones).

Good call he is excellent in the show. They took his character in a different direction than I thought they would and he nailed it.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Well at least the ads I'm getting now are for Sapporo beer. That's a significant step up from the condom/clap ads that were frequenting the site a while back. Though they aren't necessarily unrelated one could suppose.

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

He is uber good. Aside from omg can tell I'm tired. Peter Dinkages character :facepalm: my favourite.

Edit: apparently can't complete sentences either. I blame you :p

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I stopped watching it... couldn't get into it. I tried because so many people love it.

One of my better buddies that I share allot of pop culture over lap with had the same reaction. When we strongly recommend Movie's or TV to each other it almost always works. We have really similar taste in entertainment and He was the same he could never get into The Wire.

How many episodes did you watch Jet?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
The city of Edmonton produced the arguably best public transport spot ever made:

Well, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY BUS TICKET SIR!

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
A writer from The Wire has co-written a current HBO mini-series called Show Me a Hero, which is on Sunday nights. Last week the first two episodes (of six in total) aired and it was pretty good. Just keep in mind it is more of a historical account so there isn't as much leeway as a show like The Wire has.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The city of Edmonton produced the arguably best public transport spot ever made:

Well, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY BUS TICKET SIR!

Hang on... What the heck was going on inside that bus at the one minute mark? There is no way that bus driver made the bus bounce like that just by nodding...

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
mcpw: Na, sorry, its not :laugh:

Hang on... What the heck was going on inside that bus at the one minute mark? There is no way that bus driver made the bus bounce like that just by nodding...

Its ehm... well if a guy and a girl... ehh.. I don't think you'll understand.

White Out 403*

I wish they'd put the Jets tickets on sale. Bought a flight to Winnipeg 15th to 19th...assuming I'll be ok for Jets v Flames and then blues Sunday. Kinda hoping there's a moose game Saturday. That'd be sweet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
One of my better buddies that I share allot of pop culture over lap with had the same reaction. When we strongly recommend Movie's or TV to each other it almost always works. We have really similar taste in entertainment and He was the same he could never get into The Wire.

How many episodes did you watch Jet?

I think I got through most of the first season. I am not really into cop shows but I gave this one a honest chance because so many people love it.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think I got through most of the first season. I am not really into cop shows but I gave this one a honest chance because so many people love it.

It's not really a cop show though, that's the misconception people have. It's a show about a city and it's people. First season focuses a little more on cops and the street than the others, but it's consistently categorized as a cop show. It's not.

Each season looks at different aspects of the city of Baltimore. The writing is absolutely top notch. Acting is great. There's a plan and well defined storylines. Just no bad part of the show. There's a reason it shows up in every critics top show list normally at #1.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Cool totally get it. I have historically been a sucker for good cop shows.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Third watch. NYPD Blue. SVU. I like mine too.

Homicide life on the street. NYPD Blue. Hillstreet blues (back in the day). Like SVU as well.

Sipowicz was my all time favorite character. Dennis Franz crushed that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad