OT: Jets Lounge: The Hangover PartIV, Airport Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Interstellar is really an incredible movie.

I'm re-watching season 4 of Game of Thrones currently, episode 1 and 2 down tonight...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Y'know what I hate about fantasy football?

The last three weeks in my twelve team league I've put up the 2nd, 3rd and 3rd most points. Each week, I've played the team with the most points in that given week. I'm pretty much out of the playoffs now thanks to those three weeks. Grr.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
"Stay the **** in Asia, GJF!"

Might work. Idk. Last time the OT thread had my name in it, it was pretty awesome.

Or go with "Guys, go and watch Gone Girl, FFS!!"

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Y'know what I hate about fantasy football?

The last three weeks in my twelve team league I've put up the 2nd, 3rd and 3rd most points. Each week, I've played the team with the most points in that given week. I'm pretty much out of the playoffs now thanks to those three weeks. Grr.

I am in two leagues and in one I am getting allot of breaks in the close games and in the other I am having similar luck to you.....2nd highest scoring guy in the league two weeks in a row and lost both those weeks. Last week I played a guy who started two players on bye's (WTF) and I lost to him in my worst scoring week of the season :laugh:. The only good news is I am still competing for the last playoff spot in that league.

Fantasy........she's a temptress!

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
So sad. Empty now.

aberlour_16.jpg

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
New Assassin's Creed. My life put on hold. Haha.

I still have Black Flag waiting for me, I picked it up when it came down in price. I absolutely loved the Ezio series, but ACIII didn't really do it for me. Anyways, I'm holding off to be done most of this semester so I don't completely fall off the homework train!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I still have Black Flag waiting for me, I picked it up when it came down in price. I absolutely loved the Ezio series, but ACIII didn't really do it for me. Anyways, I'm holding off to be done most of this semester so I don't completely fall off the homework train!

This is the thing that has mostly been said. AC1 was meh to me. The Ezio series of AC2 was unreal and some of the best games ever made. AC3 was a complete meh at best for most people and kind of turned people off of AC. Then when AC4 came out plenty of people jumped back on snce the uniqueness of an amazing pirate game combined with AC mechanics made everyone get excited. AC3 was a misstep but AC4 got it back on track and I am hoping AC5 keeps going. Just started it so I don't know for sure.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Only ever played AC1. Found it exceedingly repetitive. Did they address that in later installments?

Oh definatly. Of all the AC games I've played (which is every single one the console game as in AC1, AC2, AC2: Brotherhood, AC2: Revelations, AC3, AC4) it is worst. It had many good mechanics but it was just too repetitive. They made huge adjustments for every subsequent game. AC1 is the one game I just cannot replay. Even the second worst AC3 had more fun that the original.

AC2 and all it's sequels (Brotherhood and Revelations) are some of the best games ever made. If you are want great console games they should be at the top of your list.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Mass Effect Trilogy >>>>> AC

Well yes but ME is absolutely amazing. Doesn't mean AC is terrible it's still awesome. AC is still the 3rd best of console series games released. Just because KOTOR and ME own all doesn't mean AC isn't still awesome. Much like how since Los Angeles Kings and Chicago Blackhawks are awesome doesn't mean Boston Bruins isn't still a great team.

ME4 (with a whole new storyline) is on the way. Can't ****ing wait. Should be absolutely mind blowing.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Okay now I'm fine again :laugh:

JK :P I never was a fan of AC somehow. The combat mechanic never catched me and the scenario somehow neither. But funnily enough, I really liked Shadow of Mordor... The combat mechanic is basically the same but it just feels better, IMO. I never got tired by those beautiful finishing moves and smooth control... Can't really explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad