OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Goaltender interference 101:

Jesus effing Christ NHL! This isn't about goalie interference. This is about a forward taking their stick and hitting a guy in the face (albeit one protected by a full face mask). That's the f***ing penalty! It's f***ing slashing! Everything that happens after that is null and void because any competent ref would have called a slashing penalty. How can you not see that?!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
2 years ago today was the last time I spoke to my Mom before she died on the 18th. It's hard to imagine how much time has gone by. How much she's missed (my 2 children, Ben was born just 3 weeks after her passing). Jesus. 2 years.

It's made me consider my own life and mortality a lot, and how one day me and my wife will break our kids heart by leaving them too. f*** cancer. f*** it so bad.

If you're lucky to have your folks still, remember to call them lots and be grateful for having them still.

/threadBummer

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
2 years ago today was the last time I spoke to my Mom before she died on the 18th. It's hard to imagine how much time has gone by. How much she's missed (my 2 children, Ben was born just 3 weeks after her passing). Jesus. 2 years.

It's made me consider my own life and mortality a lot, and how one day me and my wife will break our kids heart by leaving them too. **** cancer. **** it so bad.

If you're lucky to have your folks still, remember to call them lots and be grateful for having them still.

/threadBummer

Really sorry about this. Can’t believe the timing of losing your mom so close to the birth of your son. I had a similar situation I had my first child and my mom was sick but she lived about 12 months after. My mom was sick and then got cancer so the double whammy. It’s been 7 years but it feels like yesterday.

I think about Mortaility as well but plan to live at least 30 more years.

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
I measure my life in Jets seasons now. I figure at 37 I probably have another 30 of them to enjoy at a high mental capacity. Anything after that is iffy at best.

30 seasons left to enjoy Jets hockey. When I write it adn say it like that it makes me crawl up in a ball and be fearful lol.

Reactions: ps241

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I measure my life in Jets seasons now. I figure at 37 I probably have another 30 of them to enjoy at a high mental capacity. Anything after that is iffy at best.

30 seasons left to enjoy Jets hockey. When I write it adn say it like that it makes me crawl up in a ball and be fearful lol.

Turned 25 this year. I said at the time, and still say:

"Well, I'm a quarter of the way there."

Kinda depressing to think about lol.

And all I'm doing with my life right now is listening to rap crossed with anime.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I turn 22 on the 25th. Young compared to many of you here I’m sure, but you know what? It’s kind of like having a whole bunch of older hockey loving brothers and uncles that I missed out on as a little girl in NZ. And it’s nice seeing how openly some of the heavy issues are discussed here. Keep on supporting each other.

I remember spending my 20th at the hospital with my nan the day my grandfather was admitted, the last morning he’d spend in his own home. He lived until that October.

Two days later, on the 27th, my other grandfather passed away. He’s the only person I’ve ever know to have died on his own birthday. According to mum, who was at his bedside, his watch alarm went off right on midnight and he went not long after.

As it turned out I missed both the first and last week of my final year at University for the exact same reason.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
So, a Russian gets caught doping. For curling. Seriously. This is a game that used to have ashtrays along side the rinks so participants could smoke while playing, and you need a performance enhancing drug? :whaaa?:

Dude, you need a brain enhancing drug. :facepalm:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
This past November was 20 years since my closest grandparent (my Poppa) passed away. He spent his last moments at home after a long battle with stomach cancer. f*** cancer.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So, a Russian gets caught doping. For curling. Seriously. This is a game that used to have ashtrays along side the rinks so participants could smoke while playing, and you need a performance enhancing drug? :whaaa?:

Dude, you need a brain enhancing drug. :facepalm:

Brent Laing, who plays for the Canadian men’s team, said he had no idea how meldonium would enhance performance.

“Outside of beer and Advil, that’s the only painkillers I’ve ever heard of for curling,” Laird said. “I imagine it wasn’t that. Hopefully not, or else I’d be in trouble.”

After everything the Russian clean athletes have been thru just to be allowed to participate.... and this guy jeopardizes all of that...

Speaking of curling...

Olympic curler’s husband settles nerves of event with beer: ‘I’m not a drunk, I’m just Canadian’

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Curling question: is it just me, or do Eve Muirhead and Rachel Homan look like they could be long lost sisters?
I think the more pertinent curling question is... could their hair get any straighter?!?! :laugh:

Eve-Muirhead.jpg

rachel_homan.jpg

Reactions: LucianoBorsato
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad