OT: Jets Lounge: post-Jedi edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Helly and Wheeler at the awards tonight with their wives/GF

35839096_1748198578594191_6152219048663842816_n.jpg

Don't let @sipowicz see this pic of Helle's gf!

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Well now, I just got an email from Morris Mott at the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame telling me that I’ve won the Ed Sweeney Memorial Award for 2017 for my collegiate hockey documentary Iced: The Lost History of Hockey at the University of Winnipeg, comes with a cash prize too, feels almost as good as having my film archived into the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto...it’s almost like I’m in TWO Hall of Fames.

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Well now, I just got an email from Morris Mott at the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame telling me that I’ve won the Ed Sweeney Memorial Award for 2017 for my collegiate hockey documentary Iced: The Lost History of Hockey at the University of Winnipeg, comes with a cash prize too, feels almost as good as having my film archived into the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto...it’s almost like I’m in TWO Hall of Fames.
Congrats! Good stuff!

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

That’s awesome congrats!

Reactions: The Fist

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Awesome, congrats.

Any chance of a Hf viewing party?

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
Congrats Fist, Ed Sweeney a great guy that had info on every player.
I have gone to several of the Hockey Hall of Fame dinners and they do it up well.

Reactions: The Fist
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Question for those in construction / the trades.

I have a sun room being built and the dimensions are to be 14 feet by 16 feet, and the contractor is telling me that these measurements are from the outside (essentially once the walls are put up you take a tape measure around the outside of the sun room and it will be 14 x 16).

This seems wrong to me, I thought 14 x 16 would mean once the room is built my floor would be 14 x 16 or 224 square feet.

Am I wrong here?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

I have a sun room being built and the dimensions are to be 14 feet by 16 feet, and the contractor is telling me that these measurements are from the outside (essentially once the walls are put up you take a tape measure around the outside of the sun room and it will be 14 x 16).

This seems wrong to me, I thought 14 x 16 would mean once the room is built my floor would be 14 x 16 or 224 square feet.

Am I wrong here?

What does your signed contract say?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Smart man...

If you cant see eye to eye with your contractor at the very start should you really continue with him going forward?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Am I wrong here?

I never did residential stuff, but when I worked commercial/industrial we would measure from the outside in most cases.

However if the contractor is being that difficult I would ditch him and find another. Saying just "you are wrong" does not inspire confidence. He should have explained to you that's how they do things, suggest alternatives, help you figure out what will fit, what the costs would be, etc. There's plenty of good contractors, this does not sound like a good one.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
How did you choose this contractor? If you want a 14x16 interior just change the contract. Note that this is why I always have a set of plans drawn before I get a quote.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
How you guys like this bet?

F55pZV0.png

F55pZV0

basically the 100-not-actual-dollars-this-is-not-real-money-don't-bust-my-post was split 50/50. I got 11:1 off the start; 50 at 5.5:1 if they make the finals, plus the other 50 at 11:1 if they win.

Just saying, I think I have +equity here :)

PS I miss you all, even @objectiveposter, even the mods that busted all of my borderline NSFW posts :P is it October yet?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Aye. My reaction to these new games is essentially that many of them seem really cool, but I just don't have time. I have pretty much settled on going on to grad school for a Ph.D. once I finish up here, so somehow I don't think that my free time (or ratio of income that's disposable) will be less precious any time soon.

Oh well, at least Cyberpunk 2077 and TES VI don't have any release dates. Maybe those can be delayed for 7 years or so.

I've found games have gotten longer than I want to be invested for. I actually just stopped playing Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 4 due to sheer size and getting bored. I was into Fortnite (early adopter) but then it got so popular and with popularity comes super fanboy gamers who play 40 hours a week and I just can't (nor want to) play that much so I end up getting wrecked - they basically ruined the game for me (like they did with COD). I also find those maps really small and monotonous.

Right now I am really enjoying Farcry 5 - I didn't play any of the earlier ones so that might have something to do with it but the story is solid, the characters are good and the mechanics are easy / combat not too frustrating.

The game I am REALLY waiting for is Red Dead Redemption 2. I pre-ordered... I think Rockstar's success with GTA5 and microtransactions enabled them to push it back several times and I am HOPING that will lead to a better multiplayer experience.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If we are commenting I far prefer her fashion sense. Sam has had 3 kids and looks like a million bucks in that photo......very classy.
Exactly what I was going to say. She really looks like a wife. Helle's date looks like she's on the clock.

PS am I the only one who can no longer stay logged into this site? It keeps logging me out for some reason - wonder if it was a setting to save server room during the Tavares circle jerk.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->