Actual picture of me after day at beach on public holiday

boiled-lobster-tail.jpg

Reactions: tacogeoff and ps241

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did anyone watch the Royal Rumble? Definitely one of the better PPVs WWE has put on in awhile. Lots of fun surprises and even some fan service with the 2 Rumble winners

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks, @Gm0ney , Moon is part of my movie collection. I have seen Ex Machina as well and thought it was very good especially the ending. I'll have to look into Primer, I'd not heard of that one.
Under the Skin (starring Scarlett Johansen) is on Netflix too - one of the strangest sci-fi movies I've seen.

And yes, Primer is pretty confusing. Pay attention! ;)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Under the Skin (starring Scarlett Johansen) is on Netflix too - one of the strangest sci-fi movies I've seen.

And yes, Primer is pretty confusing. Pay attention! ;)

Yes, I've watched Under the Skin dozens of times... you know, trying to make sense of it. :nod:

Primer sounds like it would make my brain hurt. FAQATT is my fave.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey just a quick question. I got my premium seat notification for The Kevin Hart Irresponsible Tour. Has anyone here seen Kevin Hart live or do you know if he is good?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hey just a quick question. I got my premium seat notification for The Kevin Hart Irresponsible Tour. Has anyone here seen Kevin Hart live or do you know if he is good?

Never seen him live but if I had to guess I think that would be a great show.

Reactions: ps241

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

I find Kevin Hart to be a terrible comedian, in both film and stand up (videos). Don't see the appeal. Some do like him, but I find him merely annoying.

Reactions: ps241

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
You see Moon? That's a quiet sci-fi thinker. And more recently Ex Machina (currently on Netflix I believe). Both of those are worth a look if you haven't seen them already. Also "Primer" if you find regular time travel movies too easy to follow...

Moon and Ex Machina are two of the best movies made in the past decade, IMO. Love both of those. I'll look into Primer, never heard of it.

I'm also bad of thinking of movies of the top of my head, but if you're interested in something in a similiar genre of "thinking" sci-fi, try out the series "Black Mirror". It's an anthology show, so each episode has an entirely new cast. Most episodes are 60-90 minutes, all on netflix. I've heard the new show "Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams" is in a similiar vein so I'm anxious to try that out. I love PKD's books, but I'm not sure if the show has any relation.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Moon and Ex Machina are two of the best movies made in the past decade, IMO. Love both of those. I'll look into Primer, never heard of it.

I'm also bad of thinking of movies of the top of my head, but if you're interested in something in a similiar genre of "thinking" sci-fi, try out the series "Black Mirror". It's an anthology show, so each episode has an entirely new cast. Most episodes are 60-90 minutes, all on netflix. I've heard the new show "Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams" is in a similiar vein so I'm anxious to try that out. I love PKD's books, but I'm not sure if the show has any relation.

The Electric Dreams episodes are based on PKD short stories. They're entertaining enough that I keep watching them, but nothing that has made me go, wow what a great story. Maybe they lose something in translation. I have high hopes for Counterpart after watching one episode.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
About the Primer/scifi discussion, some other movies that are similar and worth checking out if you haven't:

The Fountain
Coherence
Predestination
Enemy
Gattaca (an old one from the late 90s)

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
For Primer fans, you should see the equally complex and confusing follow up film from Shane Carruth 'Upstream Color' it is a masterpiece and one of the most thought provoking films I have ever seen.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have been watching the Flames-Hawks game and Kristen Stewart looks fantastic in this Chanel ad they keep playing

Edit: This is the ad for those who are curious:

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad