OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Was thinking of taking in a game in Vegas / Glendale in Feb.

Any recommendations for someone who does tours or are you best off just getting tickets yourself and booking travel yourself?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
My fasting ended last night (Monday Sept 3) so 22 days not eating and 45lbs lost and my knee is almost healed up.

Wow, that's incredible. It will be interesting to see if you gain much back after that. I do regular fasting every day with a few 48 fasts here and there, but I can't fathom 22 days. Good for you.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Has anyone driven from Minneapolis to Winnipeg or vice versa? How long did it take? Including border clearance time.
Everyone?

About seven hours is the usual drive time. 3.5 hours to Fargo, roughly the same from Fargo to Minneapolis depending on where in Minneapolis you are staying. Maple Grove is half an hour closer than Eagan. 694/494/94 can be pretty nutty during rush hour.

Border time will depend on when you go. If you're leaving on a busy weekend morning then up to an hour to clear the border. Weekday mid morning you can be through in 5-10 minutes.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Everyone?

About seven hours is the usual drive time. 3.5 hours to Fargo, roughly the same from Fargo to Minneapolis depending on where in Minneapolis you are staying. Maple Grove is half an hour closer than Eagan. 694/494/94 can be pretty nutty during rush hour.

Border time will depend on when you go. If you're leaving on a busy weekend morning then up to an hour to clear the border. Weekday mid morning you can be through in 5-10 minutes.

God the idea of just driving to another country is so strange to me...

Hope you've had good summer mate!

Reactions: ps241

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Burt Reynolds, "Smokey and the Bandit" star, dead at 82 - CNN

151030143154-burt-reynolds-smokey-and-the-bandit-large-169.jpg

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Was thinking of taking in a game in Vegas / Glendale in Feb.

Any recommendations for someone who does tours or are you best off just getting tickets yourself and booking travel yourself?

Don't know about Vegas but in Glendale I just booked everything myself. Flight and game tickets and then rented a condo at the Quarter Condos at Westgate beside the arena. Literally right beside westgate and the arena. The Renaissance hotel is also beside the arena. Renting the condo was cheaper. I have also stayed at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort but it was a bit of a trek to the arena. I would think in Vegas it is best to get a flight hotel package and buy tickets seperatly.

Reactions: cbcwpg

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This isn't new money is it? Just the city covering some money they thought was going to come from the province.

That's my understanding ... the city was 1/3 and the province was 2/3, but the province only put in 1/2, so now the city is making up the diff. :confused:

Overall it's the same value, but more money comes from the cities coffers. Just posted as an FYI, not as a commentary for or against..

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Got to hand it to the evil geniuses that work for the City of Winnipeg. You waste millions upon millions of dollars building bike paths and bike lanes that you know nobody is going to use ... so your plan is to make traffic so funking bad that people will decide to bike to work because now this is the only way to get to work or home in less than 2 hours. :mad:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Got to hand it to the evil geniuses that work for the City of Winnipeg. You waste millions upon millions of dollars building bike paths and bike lanes that you know nobody is going to use ... so your plan is to make traffic so funking bad that people will decide to bike to work because now this is the only way to get to work or home in less than 2 hours. :mad:

I'm a bike commuter for largely the reasons you suggested, but I've been doing it for those reasons for about seven years now. No, I'm not militant, nor am I crazy enough to ride in winter (balancing on thin rubber tires on ice while in traffic doesn't appeal to me). But I very much prefer riding to driving as I get way too annoyed by the morons on the road coupled with traffic delays (often created by said morons on the road).

My choices were thus: drive to work - about 20-25 minutes in the morning, 30-45 minutes going home; bus to work - absurdly an hour each way thanks to the lack of express routes convenient to my start/finish times; cycle 30-35 minutes each way with the exception of notoriously windy days. It was a no brainer once I got into it. I am very, very lucky that my route has many paved or gravel paths so I'm on the roadway very little, though I do have to cross five major arteries in the city each way.

Most of the bike paths that the city has built I wouldn't want to use. Downtown those separate lanes are treacherous IMO. The stuff like Pembina Highway where you weave up onto the sidewalk near bus stops is nutty because no pedestrian is expecting you there. I had a guy standing on the pictogram of a bike give me the finger one morning because "I was on the sidewalk". I do like the paths like those along McGillivray or Waverly where the bike path is well separated from the roadway, though obviously there are few routes that afford that kind of space.

When I drive I hate cyclists; when I ride I hate motorists.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Since discovering Popeye's chicken in the States 3 or 4 years ago I haven't been to a Canadian KFC... and after reading the following on their website I can say without doubt that I never will again...

KFC.CA - DIFFERENT PIECES

And we think TNSE's customer oriented "enhancements" are bad... :laugh:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Anyone else get a text today from Rogers informing you that you will have to pay for NHL live this season? I tried to do live chat for an hour to see what was up and surprisingly no agents were available. Did a google search and found this. The reason I went with Rogers was get get NHL live for free.
Rogers is unbundling Spotify and NHL Live from its mobile plans

Rogers has been offering a free Spotify premium subscription and a seasons pass subscription to Rogers NHL Live as a sales incentive on its Share Everything Plans since 2015.

Anyone using the Rogers NHL Live subscription is out of luck. Since the NHL season ended on June 7th, Rogers is not renewing this plan for the next season.

Rogers is unbundling Spotify and NHL LIVE from its mobile plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad