OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I know people mock wraslin and call it fake but it is a brutal, physically punishing business where these guys are independent contractors working over 200 nights a year on the road and their bodies take a savage beating from the bumps. If they want to get paid they have to work injured and often that leads to pain killers and to keep their look they often need performance enhancing drugs. Like live stunt men there is only so much you can do to protect people that need to make it look as real as possible. They all die young for a reason.

RIP Jim

It's an absolutely brutal business. Even when you "make it" and get into the WWE it still pays like shit (considering the demanding nature of the job), unless you are a John Cena or a Roman Reigns or someone at the top.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So at the lake on the seadoo with my 9 year old boy and we notice a nice wakeboard boat getting ready to pull a boarder up. We sidle over close to watch since my son is ready to wakeboard now.

As we get close a 30ish year old dude in the water with board strapped on getting ready to roll yells to the driver:

“PLAY SOME NICKLEBACK”

driver: “I am not playing Rock Star again”!!

Wakeboarder: yells out a song PS241 doesn’t know.

ps241’s son: “What’s a Nickleback”?

ps241: lol

Loud Nickleback song comes on boarder says “HIT IT”........driver punches it and Chad Kroeger on the board gets half way out of the water and face plants hard

ps241 can’t stop chuckling as I drive away and imagine what the peeps at HFBoards would be thinking.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So at the lake on the seadoo with my 9 year old boy and we notice a nice wakeboard boat getting ready to pull a boarder up. We sidle over close to watch since my son is ready to wakeboard now.

As we get close a 30ish year old dude in the water with board strapped on getting ready to roll yells to the driver:

“PLAY SOME NICKLEBACK”

Loud Nickleback song comes on boarder says “HIT IT”........driver punches it and Chad Kroeger on the board gets half way out of the water and face plants hard

ps241 can’t stop chuckling as I drive away and imagine what the peeps at HFBoards would be thinking.

Too bad you didn't get a picture so we could look at that photograph.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

“PLAY SOME NICKLEBACK”

In my mind's eye, Chevy is the boat driver and Overhardt is the wakeboarder. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
My Dell Laptop died and so did my Bradley Edwards account so I tried an old email and found this account so then I changed the name back to the first name I used on HF Boards.

I hope everyone is doing great and I wish you all the best...

On a personal note I am currently on day 15 of a water fast (no food) and I feel great I also quit smoking since it can literally kill you after day 5 when fasting and quitting smoking while fasting was super easy...

Just thought I’d share just in case someone is looking for a life changing moment like I have found...

I mean in another week or so I will be able to look down and see something I have not seen except in a mirror for decades...

I should of done fasting a long time ago and I am planning of doing intermittent fasting after this first fast is over...

Fasting is very good for you and your body...

Distilled Water Cheers

Reactions: Jet

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
My Dell Laptop died and so did my Bradley Edwards account so I tried an old email and found this account so then I changed the name back to the first name I used on HF Boards.

On a personal note I am currently on day 15 of a water fast (no food) and I feel great I also quit smoking since it can literally kill you after day 5 when fasting and quitting smoking while fasting was super easy...

Just thought I’d share just in case someone is looking for a life changing moment like I have found...

I mean in another week or so I will be able to look down and see something I have not seen except in a mirror for decades...

I should of done fasting a long time ago and I am planning of doing intermittent fasting after this first fast is over...

Distilled Water Cheers
Good luck with the quitting smoking and fasting. I don't know anything about fasting, but the key for me to quitting smoking was to understand that I could never have another cigarette or even a drag again or it just starts the slippery slope back into nicotine addiction again. You've already done the hard part in quitting and getting the nicotine out of your system...don't ever let it back in.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

Distilled Water Cheers
Good for you for finding something that works for you.

I've been intermittent fasting for over a year. The past few months have been much more consistent about 20 hours per day fasting and eating within 4 hours that day. I do a 48 fast every week now as well. Did two last week! The benefits are many. Lots of good medical research out there on this. Insulin levels, HGH production, Autophagy, stem cell activity, neurological regeneration etc.... and of course fat loss :)

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
204 hockey

No supplements no nothing I just drink distilled water the first three day were the hardest for hunger pains.

Before I started I started to cut down my smoking and food intake so the two days before I stopped I only had one meal each day.

My last single puff was on day 4...

There is a lot of literature online and videos.

If you take medicine you should consult your doctor.

I am on no medications.

Cheers

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
204 hockey

No supplements no nothing I just drink distilled water the first three day were the hardest for hunger pains.

Before I started I started to cut down my smoking and food intake so the two days before I stopped I only had one meal each day.

My last single puff was on day 4...

There is a lot of literature online and videos.

If you take medicine you should consult your doctor.

I am on no medications.

Cheers
ahh i didnt even think about the medication part of it.. i do take anxiety meds id have to figure out if that would impact anything. but it takes some serious discipline to go 15 days. how much weight do you thik you have dropped so far?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
ahh i didnt even think about the medication part of it.. i do take anxiety meds id have to figure out if that would impact anything. but it takes some serious discipline to go 15 days. how much weight do you thik you have dropped so far?

My Doctor a month and a half ago weighed me in at 280 and he weighed me today at 243 so that’s 37 lbs and today is day 16 also had blood and urine work and my blood pressure is normal now but a month and a half ago it was borderline time for pills.

As for your anxiety have you ever thought:

water fasting for anxiety at DuckDuckGo

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm off to Jamaica soon!!! Anyone been? Have any advice on what to do, not to do? Places to see?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
My fasting ended last night (Monday Sept 3) so 22 days not eating and 45lbs lost and my knee is almost healed up.

Reactions: Jet

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
I'm off to Jamaica soon!!! Anyone been? Have any advice on what to do, not to do? Places to see?
i havent been there but travel chnl showed a spot where you dive into the water then enter a cave bar looked cool. also checkout the waterfall from tom cruise movie cocktail. try blue mtn coffee if you get a chance. cheers! edit cave hotel negril blackwell rum bar looks like it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad