OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe you've got one of these bad boys and your cat has decided that discretion is the better part of valour. :laugh:

giphy.gif
Someone's got toxoplasma in their blood stream. Well now both of them probably have it...

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I mean, since soccer is in the OT title...

Any Premier league fans getting excited? Xmas fixture season are my favorite fixtures of the year! The rotation. The drama. The injuries. Such a great time for us EPL footie fans :D

Chelsea look off rn after such a historic opening. Lots of Chelsea fans in my family so I tune in

City are so fun watch. Absolutely love watching them play. I tune in as much as my free time allows.

United floundering is a fun drama.

Liverpool is my team, am enjoying the ride as a fan but still missing Coutinho (Klopp needs to let Shaqiri play more)

Spurs look back to form after what I thought was a poor start to season despite their record. Son is deadly. One of my favourites to watch.

Arsenal - lots of arsenal fans in my family too. Aubameyang and Lacazette are fire when they play together. Happy to see torreria get some regular play time finally.

Wolves keep surprising me. Doherty is a fantastic player.

Newcastle, I have a very soft spot for Rafa so I enjoy them - and Rondon's bald head

Everton. Well. I love it when Liverpool beats them hahaha. Especially the derby. Oh my Pickford you made the highlight of the year for me with that fumble. But this Everton team is fun to watch

Fulham - Ranieri will hopefully fix things and make Mitrovic shoot some great goals. I love his celebrations and his teddy bear-ness. Also Cairney is back...

West ham - Arni is out but how good is Felipe? The man can DRIBBLE.

Burnley. Lol. Europa just destroyed them.

Southampton - will be interesting to see how a new attack minded manager will move them up the table or doom them...too much talent on that squad to be relegated

Huddersfield...I have no comment. Colin Quaner on the bench is good I guess.

Cardiff...some surprises on this team. Patterson playing well as is Camarasa. Likeable team.

Bournemouth. Wow. Surprise of the season for me. Even more surprising is Wilson is playing the way I expected King to play, and Fraser...Scottish Messi that lad.

Foxes...man what a terrible event that befell the club. They are playing with heavy hearts week in week out to my eyes. Maddison has finally turned it around man he would be so good on a top flight team though. LCFC have some interesting players though. A few fans in my family.

Palace - wan bissaka is a revelation. Zaha is Zaha.

Brighton...Murray will still be putting them in when he's 65.

Just witnessed a cop go through a red light with his lights on at about 45mph(speed limit in area is 40) not even thinking of slowing down and almost clobber someone pulling out(they had green light). Would have been difficult for them to see him as there is a median with trees and it’s a curve. Absolutely freaking ridiculous.

!!!??? Whoa!

Are cops normally ok down there? I always think of cops in the states as in those police tv shows with car chases and blurry faces

I'm officially done with living in my house. Have another ****ing mouse. I think I killed it by slamming a mouse trap on it. And of course Holden is at work.

Did not know you and Holden knew each other haha! That's awesome!!

My cousin's cat is a hunter. He knows how to hunt mice. Whereas, My gf's cats are super domestic. I don't think they would react any different from that orange cat in the gif lol

Sounds like your cats instincts are kicking in though....i find it so cool when cats hunt mice. Like a mini animal planet episode

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Any Premier league fans getting excited? Xmas fixture season are my favorite fixtures of the year! The rotation. The drama. The injuries. Such a great time for us EPL footie fans :D

Chelsea look off rn after such a historic opening. Lots of Chelsea fans in my family so I tune in

City are so fun watch. Absolutely love watching them play. I tune in as much as my free time allows.

Liverpool is my team, am enjoying the ride as a fan but still missing Coutinho (Klopp needs to let Shaqiri play more)

Spurs look back to form after what I thought was a poor start to season despite their record. Son is deadly. One of my favourites to watch.

Arsenal - lots of arsenal fans in my family too. Aubameyang and Lacazette are fire when they play together. Happy to see torreria get some regular play time finally.

Newcastle, I have a very soft spot for Rafa so I enjoy them - and Rondon's bald head

Everton. Well. I love it when Liverpool beats them hahaha. Especially the derby. Oh my Pickford you made the highlight of the year for me with that fumble. But this Everton team is fun to watch

Fulham - Ranieri will hopefully fix things and make Mitrovic shoot some great goals. I love his celebrations and his teddy bear-ness. Also Cairney is back...

Southampton - will be interesting to see how a new attack minded manager will move them up the table or doom them...too much talent on that squad to be relegated

Cardiff...some surprises on this team. Patterson playing well as is Camarasa. Likeable team.

Bournemouth. Wow. Surprise of the season for me. Even more surprising is Wilson is playing the way I expected King to play, and Fraser...Scottish Messi that lad.

Foxes...man what a terrible event that befell the club. They are playing with heavy hearts week in week out to my eyes. Maddison has finally turned it around man he would be so good on a top flight team though. LCFC have some interesting players though. A few fans in my family.

Count me in, I always enjoy watching the Christmas Footy fixtures over the holidays. Lifelong Liverpool fan, even though all but 2 of my family there are bluenoses (another sweet derby win, well done Pickford)! Who wouldn't miss a player like Coutinho, but I think they're getting on without him just fine, in some ways more balance. Need to figure out that attacking midfield though, good to see Keita get in on the action against Burnley. He could be the missing piece as he gets more comfortable. Going to miss Gomez, especially with City coming up, would be a good time for Joel Matip to show the type of player he should be, if not, hope Lovren is fit. Agree that Shaqiri should see more action, he's a sparkplug for sure and very creative but I think Keita takes this team to a different place in the new year.

United suffering goes straight to my veins, nothing better.

Reactions: roccerfeller

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

!!!??? Whoa!

Are cops normally ok down there? I always think of cops in the states as in those police tv shows with car chases and blurry faces

Did not know you and Holden knew each other haha! That's awesome!!

My cousin's cat is a hunter. He knows how to hunt mice. Whereas, My gf's cats are super domestic. I don't think they would react any different from that orange cat in the gif lol

Sounds like your cats instincts are kicking in though....i find it so cool when cats hunt mice. Like a mini animal planet episode

Going on 3 and a half years lol. Been living together for two.

He has good instincts. He would have killed the one on the counter in 2016 but I told him to get and then saw the mouse. Oops. But Taz is not street smart. He's lived in the lap of luxury since he was around 7 weeks old.

Reactions: roccerfeller

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Is it common for domestic cat to live outdoors where you guys are? I get you’d keep them in over the winter but what about summer? Most of the cats I met while over there were indoors all year though.

Ours gets put outside every night.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Is it common for domestic cat to live outdoors where you guys are? I get you’d keep them in over the winter but what about summer? Most of the cats I met while over there were indoors all year though.

Winnipeg has some pet by-laws about cats, they are supposed to be licensed and they aren't to be allowed to roam at large in the city but they can roam on your property including your lawn but good luck getting a cat to stay in your yard unless it's tied on a leash. I keep mine inside all year round, I don't want them to get run over by a car or eaten by a roaming coyote.

On farms, cats are usually outside all year long. We had many barn cats, they are good for pest control, especially on a grain farm.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Cat by-law (technically the Responsible Pet Ownership By-law) instituted by the City of Winnipeg some years ago: https://www.winnipeg.ca/cms/animal/complaints/cats.stm

Doesn't prevent many people from letting their cats roam loose however. It does explain why most you saw were indoors - their owners are obeying the by-law.

Unintended consequence of instituting the by-law was a substantial increase in the local rodent population (mice, voles, rabbits, rats notably) but no politician has ever been wrong.

I certainly get how cats can be annoying when allowed to roam free but is it really more irritating than the small dog owners that let their dogs yap in the back yard for hours on end? I don't think so but YMMV. And yes, I like dogs, this isn't a cat vs dog thing for me.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Cat by-law (technically the Responsible Pet Ownership By-law) instituted by the City of Winnipeg some years ago: https://www.winnipeg.ca/cms/animal/complaints/cats.stm

Doesn't prevent many people from letting their cats roam loose however. It does explain why most you saw were indoors - their owners are obeying the by-law.

Unintended consequence of instituting the by-law was a substantial increase in the local rodent population (mice, voles, rabbits, rats notably) but no politician has ever been wrong.

I certainly get how cats can be annoying when allowed to roam free but is it really more irritating than the small dog owners that let their dogs yap in the back yard for hours on end? I don't think so but YMMV. And yes, I like dogs, this isn't a cat vs dog thing for me.

Yeah I believe the original complaints were cats were killing so many birds, which I find very hard to believe. We had a really annoying blue jay in our back lane in the summer and I wish a cat had gotten to it.

What I have no trouble believing was it was a convenient excuse to get people to comply with yet another tax grab, this time the cat licensing fee they imposed. But since my cats don't go outside anyways I never bothered getting it.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I keep mine inside all year round, I don't want them to get run over by a car or eaten by a roaming coyote.
Or sh****** in people's tomatoes! When I lived in the Peg, it was so bad I had to look in to trapping them. Never got that far as the bylaw obviously solved a lot of problems. I never thought it was fair to dogs that cats could have the run of the 'hood. I mean I understand it but still.

I thank you for considering your neighbor's gardens Luc. :nod:

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Or sh****** in people's tomatoes! When I lived in the Peg, it was so bad I had to look in to trapping them. Never got that far as the bylaw obviously solved a lot of problems. I never thought it was fair to dogs that cats could have the run of the 'hood. I mean I understand it but still.

I thank you for your considering your neighbor's gardens Luc. :nod:

Yeah there is that too, I forgot about cats pooping in beds and gardens lol.

I do completely agree with making sure your cat is at least spayed/neutered as Winnipeg does have a feral cat problem. They can multiple pretty quickly.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I do believe Buggs is right though that the population of vermin has increased since they enacted the cat by-laws, and that is definitely detrimental. It was probably a traditional thing allowed that cats could roam because they kill mice and rats. It's kind of a no win situation all around.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Did anybody know that the Jets insiders read these boards first thing? My co-worker today told me that he saw Mitchell Clinton reading HFBoards at a Starbucks.

This site just proves how good it is when it comes to sources. Number one in my opinion.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Winnipeg has some pet by-laws about cats, they are supposed to be licensed and they aren't to be allowed to roam at large in the city but they can roam on your property including your lawn but good luck getting a cat to stay in your yard unless it's tied on a leash. I keep mine inside all year round, I don't want them to get run over by a car or eaten by a roaming coyote.

On farms, cats are usually outside all year long. We had many barn cats, they are good for pest control, especially on a grain farm.

Oh yeah, I forgot that you guys have actual predators up there. :laugh:

Thanks for the input guys, now I know more about Winnipeg cat laws than I ever expected too. No laws like that here as far as I know, except for perhaps some rules around desexing. If only the cats knew the difference between native and introduced birds.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Did anybody know that the Jets insiders read these boards first thing? My co-worker today told me that he saw Mitchell Clinton reading HFBoards at a Starbucks.

This site just proves how good it is when it comes to sources. Number one in my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the media personalities that cover the Jets follow this board. It's a good way to take the pulse of the fanbase and less trolly than twitter. I doubt the Jets brass or players visit this place though.

When Lawless used to cover the Jets, it was funny how many HFBoards narratives would find their way to his coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad