Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
To those who have wondered why I've lurked, but haven't posted much over the last year or so, was because I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of an unknown primary (most likely originating in my kidney, but tests were inconclusive) 15 months ago, and a year ago this week my prognosis was given as 4 - 6 months due to the cancer having spread to my lymphatic system. I was given the choices of a clinical trial, radical chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. My team at CancerCare MB recommended the immunotherapy on the basis that it would provide another 6-12 months of a reasonable existence, and I likely didn't have enough time left for a clinical trial, and the chemotherapy would be as bad as the disease.

I chose to listen, and underwent immunotherapy, which works by unmasking cancer cells so that the immune system treats them like other invasive organisms. I had five cycles of 3 treatments each, plus radiation to treat the topical tumours that had sprouted all over my abdomen and neck. For whatever reason, I reacted in a very atypical form to both the radiation and immunotherapy, with all the topical tumours eliminated and internal masses and lesions reduced to only a few. I'm now being used as a case study due to my extremely positive outcome. The fight is not yet over, but according to my team, they're still treating me to cure me, not just extend my life. To that measure, I've been prescribed chemotherapy now, so I have three treatments remaining until my next CT Scan in April, when hopefully I get the results we're hoping for.

That's the GOOD news.

My wife went to HSC emergency on September 30th because she fainted at work getting out of her car, and was shortly diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She underwent a 7.5 hour surgery to remove 25 pounds of tumours, and several other procedures over the next 4 months at HSC. She was there this entire time, excepting the 10 days she was at home from Christmas Eve until January 4th, and passed away this Monday at Saint Boniface Palliative Care from complications including pneumocystis, pneumonia and a brain tumour. She was only 54. This has been the worst year ever.

We were together for 38 years, and married for 35 - my best friend in the entire world.

Cancer sucks.

There are no words DarthMonty. Both for you and your fight, and for your wife and her loss. I can only wish you all my hope that you win your fight, and that you find happiness on the other side of all of this.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
To those who have wondered why I've lurked, but haven't posted much over the last year or so, was because I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of an unknown primary (most likely originating in my kidney, but tests were inconclusive) 15 months ago, and a year ago this week my prognosis was given as 4 - 6 months due to the cancer having spread to my lymphatic system. I was given the choices of a clinical trial, radical chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. My team at CancerCare MB recommended the immunotherapy on the basis that it would provide another 6-12 months of a reasonable existence, and I likely didn't have enough time left for a clinical trial, and the chemotherapy would be as bad as the disease.

I chose to listen, and underwent immunotherapy, which works by unmasking cancer cells so that the immune system treats them like other invasive organisms. I had five cycles of 3 treatments each, plus radiation to treat the topical tumours that had sprouted all over my abdomen and neck. For whatever reason, I reacted in a very atypical form to both the radiation and immunotherapy, with all the topical tumours eliminated and internal masses and lesions reduced to only a few. I'm now being used as a case study due to my extremely positive outcome. The fight is not yet over, but according to my team, they're still treating me to cure me, not just extend my life. To that measure, I've been prescribed chemotherapy now, so I have three treatments remaining until my next CT Scan in April, when hopefully I get the results we're hoping for.

That's the GOOD news.

My wife went to HSC emergency on September 30th because she fainted at work getting out of her car, and was shortly diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She underwent a 7.5 hour surgery to remove 25 pounds of tumours, and several other procedures over the next 4 months at HSC. She was there this entire time, excepting the 10 days she was at home from Christmas Eve until January 4th, and passed away this Monday at Saint Boniface Palliative Care from complications including pneumocystis, pneumonia and a brain tumour. She was only 54. This has been the worst year ever.

We were together for 38 years, and married for 35 - my best friend in the entire world.

Cancer sucks.
Sorry to hear about this , i hope you have family and friends to help you through this . Wishing you all the luck in the world to beat the hell out of that f***ing disease , f*** cancer man . :thumbu:

Reactions: DarthMonty

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.

I am so sorry to hear that about your wife Monty. This is an awful disease. I hope you carry on with your fight and have a good support system around you in this very tough time, if not we are here for you.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.
I am so so sorry for your loss. f*** cancer.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.

This is pretty devastating news to hear and I am struggling with my emotions. I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and life partner. I always loved how kindly you spoke about Mrs Monty. I am not sure I have the right words to express myself but I really hope you continue your successful battle with your cancer. Life is not fair and Cancer is brutal so do me a solid and kick its ass while you have your shot here.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Been so much bad news for a lot of people around here (including me) with miscarriages, cancer and loss of loved ones, I thought I would share some good news.

Last month has been pretty rough for us, my Uncle died due to complications from diabetes a couple weeks ago, we had a miscarriage, and my wife has been on stress leave from work for a few months so financially it has been pretty tight.

Anyways, she returned to work this week at her low paying and stressful job that she hates. She had applied at another place a couple weeks ago, had an interview last week, it's a much better job and almost twice the pay. She got hired today! This is going to improve our lives drastically. I know money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure as hell helps when you have some breathing room because I was not enjoying going paycheque to paycheque like I was 22 years old again lol

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.

So sorry to hear about your wife, and best of luck in your own health battle. Like ps241 said, I really do remember how highly you spoke of Mrs. Monty, and what a dynamic person and loving wife and mother she was. Unbelievably sad to hear this news.

f*** cancer is right.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.
I am truly, truly sorry for your profound loss my friend. God bless you in your battle for your health, whatever positive energy I can send I will.

I hope you find the strength to not only continue in your fight to be cancer free, but also find the emotional strength to try and overcome the the huge void in your life with the loss of your wife.

Take care, stay strong.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I am truly, truly sorry for your profound loss my friend. God bless you in your battle for your health, whatever positive energy I can send I will.

I hope you find the strength to not only continue in your fight to be cancer free, but also find the emotional strength to try and overcome the the huge void in your life with the loss of your wife.

Take care, stay strong.
Puts our frustration with the Jets in perspective eh ? I hope the Jets make a big turn around for Darth . :thumbu:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Been so much bad news for a lot of people around here (including me) with miscarriages, cancer and loss of loved ones, I thought I would share some good news.

Last month has been pretty rough for us, my Uncle died due to complications from diabetes a couple weeks ago, we had a miscarriage, and my wife has been on stress leave from work for a few months so financially it has been pretty tight.

Anyways, she returned to work this week at her low paying and stressful job that she hates. She had applied at another place a couple weeks ago, had an interview last week, it's a much better job and almost twice the pay. She got hired today! This is going to improve our lives drastically. I know money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure as hell helps when you have some breathing room because I was not enjoying going paycheque to paycheque like I was 22 years old again lol

That’s tough to hear about your uncle, condolences to you and your family. Two of the closest friends I’ve ever had both have Type 1. Serious complications are still a ways off but there’s the odd scare and it’s sometimes hard to see the effect of the disease on them.

Fantastic news about the job though! Glad to hear it’ll take some of the weight off.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville

Thank you for your kind thoughts, and condolences on the passing of your uncle and your family's miscarriage. Couples who've never experienced a miscarriage don't realize the devastion left behind afterwards. I hope you two can find some peace and comfort in this.

Congratulations on the wife's new job!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thank you for your kind thoughts, and condolences on the passing of your uncle and your family's miscarriage. Couples who've never experienced a miscarriage don't realize the devastion left behind afterwards. I hope you two can find some peace and comfort in this.

Congratulations on the wife's new job!

Thanks. What I have dealt with is nothing in comparison to what you have been dealing with. I truly wish you all the best.

Nov 24, 2006

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.
Holy f***. This is incredibly unfair. You really need a win, and we're all pulling for you here, believe that.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.

I’m sorry to hear that.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
WandaVision Super Bowl Ad Debuts Scarlet Witch's Comics-Accurate Costume

Screen-Shot-2020-02-02-at-9.19.21-PM.png

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.

Man I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t even know what to say. I pray you and your family can have the strength to go on.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Commercials were weak AF, Mahomes had a tough first half of a game but when the chips were down .............................SB MVP

Last edited:

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

That's the GOOD news.

Cancer sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss. Cancer does in fact suck. Many thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad