Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Saw Star Wars last night, was fun reading the French subtitles along with.

I don’t follow the series closely so I thought it was fine. There were three moments where the people in the audience behind me went PFFFFFFTTTT though, and that made the whole thing hilarious.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Saw Star Wars opening night, really enjoyed it. A bit clumsy in a couple parts but pulled it off as an overall ending to the Skywalker story with some really cool moments and some fun fan service. Not sure what the critics were smoking, but the critic rating and audience rating on rotten tomatoes has a huge disparity...58% vs 86% so what does that tell you?

I dunno, I want a Star Wars movie to be fun and entertaining, not the next Citizen Kane.

Reactions: Jets 31

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Read some interesting spoilers. Turns out that...

giphy.gif

then there’s the part where .......

tenor.gif

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Saw Star Wars opening night, really enjoyed it. A bit clumsy in a couple parts but pulled it off as an overall ending to the Skywalker story with some really cool moments and some fun fan service. Not sure what the critics were smoking, but the critic rating and audience rating on rotten tomatoes has a huge disparity...58% vs 86% so what does that tell you?

I dunno, I want a Star Wars movie to be fun and entertaining, not the next Citizen Kane.

I also enjoyed it. My only criticism is that my brother saw it on opening night, and the crowd was cheering at key moments, while yesterday the crowd was quiet throughout.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I also enjoyed it. My only criticism is that my brother saw it on opening night, and the crowd was cheering at key moments, while yesterday the crowd was quiet throughout.

Typical opening night vs couple days later I guess (most excited fans go first?). I experienced the same thing with Avengers: Endgame, opening night everyone was going nuts then when I saw it a couple days later at a different theatre and crowd was pretty quiet.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
An interesting movie marathon on Much

weekend at Bernie’s
Office space
Horrible bosses
Identify thief

Repeat

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Ya but all the swearing is taken out , loses a bit of the humor .

There is still quite a nice amount of boobs to be seen so I can live with it.

But seriously, I saw the first 4 episodes now and as a HUGE FAN of The Witcher 3, I am VERY pleased with what they did with the Netflix show. I'm very confused about the casting of Triss Merrigold but whatever... especially Henry Cavill is absolutely nailing Geralt. It's a 10/10 adaption and there isn't even room for any discussion about it honestly. And you might think "yeah but sometimes his acting seems a little bit 'unnatural', 'awkward' or 'alien-esque'" ... but that is exactly how Geralt is like. That is why Henry is nailing him so hard: He's just as spot on about those parts of Geralt as he's doing an amazing job wielding his sword artistically around when cutting through enemies. And his voice and way of speaking... Oh my god. You can sometimes just close your eyes and you wouldn't hear a difference in his voice performance compared to the one in the game done by Geralts voice actor. It's incredible. And you know what is my favorite part about it? His subtle "hmhmmm..." when he's thinking about something but doesn't actually want to give an actual answer. :laugh: He nails it so much <3. I honestly am so happy about the level of detail Henry Cavill has brought into his role. And yes, he is indeed a big fan of the games himself and took great pride in portraying Geralt perfectly. It sure is worth the work.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Not gonna lie, a major highlight of my time in France so far is that there’s a Russian grocery shop with a good selection of Polish pierogi and other Eastern European dumplings. It’s been five years since I was in Canada eating them.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
There is still quite a nice amount of boobs to be seen so I can live with it.

But seriously, I saw the first 4 episodes now and as a HUGE FAN of The Witcher 3, I am VERY pleased with what they did with the Netflix show. I'm very confused about the casting of Triss Merrigold but whatever... especially Henry Cavill is absolutely nailing Geralt. It's a 10/10 adaption and there isn't even room for any discussion about it honestly. And you might think "yeah but sometimes his acting seems a little bit 'unnatural', 'awkward' or 'alien-esque'" ... but that is exactly how Geralt is like. That is why Henry is nailing him so hard: He's just as spot on about those parts of Geralt as he's doing an amazing job wielding his sword artistically around when cutting through enemies. And his voice and way of speaking... Oh my god. You can sometimes just close your eyes and you wouldn't hear a difference in his voice performance compared to the one in the game done by Geralts voice actor. It's incredible. And you know what is my favorite part about it? His subtle "hmhmmm..." when he's thinking about something but doesn't actually want to give an actual answer. :laugh: He nails it so much <3. I honestly am so happy about the level of detail Henry Cavill has brought into his role. And yes, he is indeed a big fan of the games himself and took great pride in portraying Geralt perfectly. It sure is worth the work.

Keep in mind that Triss in the books isn't the central character she is in the games, so it's not super surprising that they didn't attempt to make her look exactly like the character you envision. It's like how they cast a blonde actress for Sabrina Glevissig ;).

The difference in looks doesn't bother me because it's not central to her character. If they start giving her potions, I'll be more annoyed. Also, her hair in the novels is more akin to burgundy than red. Her hair color in Witcher 2 is probably the most similar to what her book character's hair would look like. She's one of my favorite characters in Witcher 3, but her looks in that is not at all what she looked like in the books. And not just because she wore a low neckline.

I'm loving this series so far. As you say, Cavill is perfect. A little bummed that it was only 8 episodes, and although this is completely on me, I wished I could have paced the season like a regular TV series instead of a Netflix show.:laugh:

SHE SAID YES!!!!!

Congratulations!

Reactions: Jets 31 and Duke749
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad