Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Read it and weep, all you 20-something, ohmagawd I gotta partee morons. Mandatory masks, limits on social gathering size. It's because of your demographic that this is happening and I hope you all feel the pain. Same for all the bar and restaurant owners who turned a blind eye to social distancing infractions. I hope you get shut down, I hope you lose your operating licences, hell I hope you lose your businesses. And if you think I have any sympathies for your employees who might be out of work because of it? You got another think coming. These are people who knew this was wrong and went along with it. It's like German soldiers in WWII who said, ve vere only following orders. f*** that. AFAIC, there should be a question on any CERB or whatever financial relief form to the effect... did your job disappear because of covid protocol violations? If yes, sorry no benefits for you.

:soap:
Tell us how you really feel. :laugh: Agree though, the partying took precedence and now we are hooped.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Tell us how you really feel. :laugh: Agree though, the partying took precedence and now we are hooped.

If I told you how I really feel, the mods would delete my account. Remember Josh Ranek? The guy they called the Little Ball of Hate? That's pretty much me when it comes to Covidiots. :nod:

Reactions: Jets 31

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I just saw the thread title.

Darth Vader is Luke's father?

Major spoiler alert aside
giphy.gif

;)

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Finance is one option but another one that i think I’m gonna aim for is Astronomy. Although i got let go from my job today so not sure what to do now....
Sorry to hear about the job loss but i know what i would do especially in Georgia, golf full time. :laugh:

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Finance is one option but another one that i think I’m gonna aim for is Astronomy. Although i got let go from my job today so not sure what to do now....
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with whatever it is you end up doing.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Read it and weep, all you 20-something, ohmagawd I gotta partee morons. Mandatory masks, limits on social gathering size. It's because of your demographic that this is happening and I hope you all feel the pain. Same for all the bar and restaurant owners who turned a blind eye to social distancing infractions. I hope you get shut down, I hope you lose your operating licences, hell I hope you lose your businesses. And if you think I have any sympathies for your employees who might be out of work because of it? You got another think coming. These are people who knew this was wrong and went along with it. It's like German soldiers in WWII who said, ve vere only following orders. f*** that. AFAIC, there should be a question on any CERB or whatever financial relief form to the effect... did your job disappear because of covid protocol violations? If yes, sorry no benefits for you.

:soap:
Honestly, scrolling through the locations with exposures, I was dreading seeing personal care homes, schools, workplaces, etc. You know, important things that we want to protect.

It was all restaurants and bars, including this gem:
upload_2020-9-29_9-57-24.png

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Honestly, scrolling through the locations with exposures, I was dreading seeing personal care homes, schools, workplaces, etc. You know, important things that we want to protect.

It was all restaurants and bars, including this gem:View attachment 369524

This quote in the Freep from a guy at the Palomino Club just before the new mask rules came into effect probably captures the prevailing attitude of these people. :shakehead

"For me, it’s bullshit," says a man smoking a cigarette, when asked if he’s worried about the novel coronavirus pandemic. He stands next to his friend, both exhaling clouds of smoke into the night, and asks for his name not be published.
"I don’t believe it at all… I don’t like (the restrictions), but most of the people are scared, so it’s OK for them. I don’t like to wear a mask, though. I’m not going to change my life."

Article here: Last call for mask-free alcohol

I hope the enforcement people pay special attention to the Palomino Club and a few other known flaunters and shut them down if they aren't following the rules. There's no need to hurt compliant businesses with blanket lockdowns again. Just get rid of the bad apples.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
This quote in the Freep from a guy at the Palomino Club just before the new mask rules came into effect probably captures the prevailing attitude of these people. :shakehead

"For me, it’s bullshit," says a man smoking a cigarette, when asked if he’s worried about the novel coronavirus pandemic. He stands next to his friend, both exhaling clouds of smoke into the night, and asks for his name not be published.
"I don’t believe it at all… I don’t like (the restrictions), but most of the people are scared, so it’s OK for them. I don’t like to wear a mask, though. I’m not going to change my life."

Article here: Last call for mask-free alcohol

I hope the enforcement people pay special attention to the Palomino Club and a few other known flaunters and shut them down if they aren't following the rules. There's no need to hurt compliant businesses with blanket lockdowns again. Just get rid of the bad apples.

So glad my bar hopping days are behind me, now.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
That's shity but also inevitable.
Aw, makes me quite sad. Agree that it's inevitable though.

Lots of good memories there - the Paddlewheel especially but I kinda grew up at the Bay, taking the bus downtown with my buddy to go look at stuff there on Saturday mornings as something to do. Taking the bus as a kid under ten by yourself? Unheard of now it seems. We'd go to the Paddlewheel for lunch and then head home.

I also learned about the Bay's "sale" pricing the hard way. Had a leather jacket I really wanted and had saved my money for. It was $299 but Bay Day said half price so I bussed (I was 16 but my parents wouldn't lend me the car) down there first thing in the morning on the first day of the sale and the jacket was on sale for $399. WTF? I learned a little about retail that day.

Reactions: Jets 31

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah sounds like covid was the last straw for the Bay. They were trying to keep it going. Just hope that whatever project eventually takes over will be worthy of that great old building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad