Post-Game Talk: Jets lose crucial game 3-1

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
So the Jets are still odds on favorite to get swept in the first round and end up with a mid first round pick (from either the US or Europe cuz Jets scouts don’t look for players in that hockey backwater of Canada) who may one day be a solid fourth liner.

Meanwhile, teams who know how to lose properly will end up with Bedard or someone else with first line or top pairing potential 😂.

Jets fans, welcome to the lower middle of the pack for years to come.
Could be worse, they could be like Vancouver! Start out horribly, be out of the playoff picture by November, then win a whole bunch of games and pick 15th.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
So the Jets are still odds on favorite to get swept in the first round and end up with a mid first round pick (from either the US or Europe cuz Jets scouts don’t look for players in that hockey backwater of Canada) who may one day be a solid fourth liner.

Meanwhile, teams who know how to lose properly will end up with Bedard or someone else with first line or top pairing potential 😂.

Jets were first in the conference back in January so it was a good gamble to go for the playoffs this year. If we don't make the playoffs or have a miserable playoffs, I wouldn't expect the Jets to be stuck in the mushy middle for years to come. We have star players that only have one more year of control (Dubois, Schiefele, Hellebuyck). Are any of them extending?

It's quite possible this core is getting dismantled this offseason.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
What did I get drag back to watching the Jets ?
Just a pitiful effort Morrissey looked like he was leisure skate carrying the puck on the PP. There was no urgency from the Jets.
Give credit to the Flames. They need this win. Jets relying on the Hawks and lottery teams to finish off the Flames for them to get into playoffs. Typical Jets. Passengers and no one driving the train. Only one with heart was PLD and he likely be gone next year.
Just a Reality check.

Reactions: hn777

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I asked a two separate friends of mine who both seemed ok marriages that didn't appear awesome what their secret was. In both cases although worded differently it was "lowered expectations". To be clear neither guy was selling out they were just aligning their expectations to the limited abilities of their spouse.

A solid life lesson I am trying to absorb
An old mentor told me and I love this saying because it can apply to any part of life.

“Expectations are nothing more than premeditated resentments”

We are often so focused on what we want, need or expect.
We are such ego-centric creatures, we must allow for difficult times, differences and chaos.
That why we get disappointed when things don’t go our way because it’s all about us :nod:

Last edited:

Fatdrunk

Better Luck Next Year
Feb 1, 2019

In my opinion, I do not think practice should be optional especially this time of the year. This tells me this team is not taking the prospect of the playoffs seriously at all and rather be golfing. During this off season the core is either dismantled or Chevy goes there is no third option.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

How's Harrison Blaisdell doing?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
According to Moneypuck:

WPG 62.5%
CGY 31.8%
NSH 5.8%
I'd say this is about right, all things considered. Lets bear in mind, just one unexpected loss, by either of these top 2 teams completely changes these odds very quickly. Really considering these 2 teams the odds don't mean a lot to me, but I guess right now, they are on our side, if we make these odds work for us.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I asked a two separate friends of mine who both seemed ok marriages that didn't appear awesome what their secret was. In both cases although worded differently it was "lowered expectations". To be clear neither guy was selling out they were just aligning their expectations to the limited abilities of their spouse.

I wonder what the wives would say? Perhaps their husbands fell far short of their expectations and they decided to settle for just OK in their marriages. A different life lesson for others?

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

OT--but it's a great little secret for the best of marriages. My wife and I laugh about it all the time... and she's been lowering her expectations for 35 years!

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
@tbcwpg what were the results on faceoffs won this game?
They lost 3-1 id assume there were like 40% on the draws or something. Way below 50%, must be.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wonder what the wives would say? Perhaps their husbands fell far short of their expectations and they decided to settle for just OK in their marriages. A different life lesson for others?

I would say in these two cases that their wives wouldn't have a sniff because its all about them. Now, I do have a line up of buddies where their wives would absolutely have to lower their expectations. :laugh:

I wouldn't bother asking my friends who are the high maintenance dates in their marriages how they pull it off since its not really something to model.

Last edited:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
@tbcwpg what were the results on faceoffs won this game?
They lost 3-1 id assume there were like 40% on the draws or something. Way below 50%, must be.

It might surprise you, it definitely surprised me, to know that the Jets were 54% in the faceoff dot! Losing with an above 50% FO rate must be pretty rare so maybe we just chalk this up to a fluke result.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I'm still salty this morning. 88 and 55 were standout bad last night.

I liked 80 overall, and Connor scored but was pretty awful besides that.

Looks like Ehlers is almost back to normal which is exciting.

We have no shot unless 55 and 81 wake tf up
Couldn't agree more!

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013

does anyone know the average survival rate or outcome of NHL' s top ten draft pick's rated annually over that past ten years....... just how reliable is the draft?

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013

In my opinion, I do not think practice should be optional especially this time of the year. This tells me this team is not taking the prospect of the playoffs seriously at all and rather be golfing. During this off season the core is either dismantled or Chevy goes there is no third option.

it's optional mostly because of the boo-boo's, so many fan's seem to neglect this fact especially at this time of the year.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
I don't think the discussion around trading Dubois is because we want him moved due to his on-ice play, more that it seems inevitable he's not playing anywhere but Montreal starting in 2024.
I'm not convinced that it's inevitable. Trade 55 for a decent haul and try selling 80 on being the "Big Guy" here. Aren't his dad, mom and younger sister living in Winnipeg, another selling feature?

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net

I'm convinced this team has fewer than 10 real, full on practices per year. It's pathetic. But something something travel, something something union mandated week off.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

yeah ok, except the next best canadian picked has seldom worked out better

trouba-koekkoek
morrissey-morrissey
ehlers-ritchie
connor-chabot
laine-pld
stanley-stanley
ves-frost
gus-rodrigue (no 1st in 2018)
heinola-sam poulin
perfetti-perfetti

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

In 2023 drafting players based on country of birth over BPA is about the most ridiculous suggestion ever.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
It might surprise you, it definitely surprised me, to know that the Jets were 54% in the faceoff dot! Losing with an above 50% FO rate must be pretty rare so maybe we just chalk this up to a fluke result.
dang
we must be the most flukiest team ever with 24 wins when under 50% on the dot

Reactions: Duke749

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Yeah they control their own destiny but I haven't seen anything from this team in the last couple of moblnths to suggest they're mentally capable of bouncing back.
perhaps.
however, if the Flames on a b2b after a pretty embarassing L to the lowly blackhawks can muster up a W i think we can too.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad