Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Blake is just one of those guys......when he is rolling he can take a game over but when he gets down on himself it impacts his game more than most. I know it will come around but time it ticking here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's feeling the pressure of living up to the contract he signed. Happens to lots of guys.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I agree with what you are saying here as well.

Not trying to find excuses for him because like you, I think he's played pretty good. But I said earlier that it seems to me like he has some lingering lower body issue. Probably nothing major as it hasn't kept him out of the lineup, but like a minor groin or hamstring issue, etc. Watching him specifically, it didn't seem like he had his regular Bogo level skating ability / stride.

Question, wasn't he injured right at the end of TC? What was that injury?

My memory could be off, but didn't Bogosian take a hard hit in one of the first couple/few games? I remember thinking "oh no" and he was on the bench in discomfort. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Other than that, I think Bogosian's more "conservative" play this season to date stems from playing the left side. For a RH shot and defenceman, it's a pretty big adjustment given your angles are now completely different in how you play the puck, attack an oncoming opposing player or player down low, etc, your mind has to work in a different manner; see Bogo forgetting the other night that he was on the left side and went to play it as if he was on the right side and corrected himself.

I also think this is why Zach has been less physical (if he isn't fighting a minor injury of some sort). To me, he's just playing positionally conservative from the left side, trying to go mistake free (as possible) while adapting to the opposite side he is used to. It's like in year one many wanted to see him rush the puck up ice or try and be more offensive, but his gameplan and mentality that season was to keep it simple, take care of his own zone, build his confidence and defensive game. One thing or area can vastly effect the other.

Now, with all that being said, I completely expect Zach to grow into his normal form the more he plays and gets used to the left side. For some the transition from one side to the other may be easy, while for others it may take some getting used to.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Our offense has sucked the past 2 games. We got shut out by Montreal. Even against a pathetic New Jersey team, we were only up 1-0 after 59 minutes. It wasn't until the Devils pulled their goalie that we scored a 2nd goal, followed by a 3rd goal 20 seconds later against a demoralised team that was just going through the motions after the empty-netter. Excluding the last minute of the New Jersey game, we've scored 1 goal in 2 games. We are beyond lucky to have come out of the 2 games with 2 points.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Our offense has sucked the past 2 games. We got shut out by Montreal. Even against a pathetic New Jersey team, we were only up 1-0 after 59 minutes. It wasn't until the Devils pulled their goalie that we scored a 2nd goal, followed by a 3rd goal 20 seconds later against a demoralised team that was just going through the motions after the empty-netter. Excluding the last minute of the New Jersey game, we've scored 1 goal in 2 games. We are beyond lucky to have come out of the 2 games with 2 points.

Our whole team overall hasn't been as good as the sum of it's parts. Offense and defense. Our goaltending has kept us in although it is slowly regressing back to it's historical average.

The only consistent players have been Kane, Enstrom, Byfuglien IMO. With flashes of a few others (mostly Tangradi, Frolik, Scheifele, Bogosian, Trouba, and Little... and I don't blame the rookies for not being more than really good rookies)...

The team is being severely outshot, outchanced, and outplayed in close game situations (see images attached).

What's really weird though is the results when Enstrom-Byfuglien as a pair have been as good as the last two years . Even though the team is worse thus far when they are not on the ice together.
2011-13 Tobi-Buff 54.9 CF% on a 49.8 CF% team.
2013-14 Tobi-Buff 54.8 CF% on a 42.2 CF% team.

Last edited:

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
Did the players not hold a player only meeting when they had their team bonding trip to Alberta. Did they not say it was to discuss player expectations and what they wanted for this season, what type of team they are ect?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Did the players not hold a player only meeting when they had their team bonding trip to Alberta. Did they not say it was to discuss player expectations and what they wanted for this season, what type of team they are ect?

Funny you should say that because when I think of what type of team we are, I don't really have an answer? I don't think we have an identity.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Funny you should say that because when I think of what type of team we are, I don't really have an answer? I don't think we have an identity.

I think the team has a solid identity. They are the Brad Pitt character in True Romance. Can't remember **** and lazy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad