Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
For the next game against the Habs, I recommend a 'Saving Private Ryan' themed GDT, only have the title 'Solving Carey Price'. Take a picture of someone doing a jigsaw puzzle or playing chess, only shop Kane's or Ladd's heads onto the people in the pic.

bazaaa*

Kane is really improving, but he weak shots from the boards or blueline certainly aren't helping the team. Especially when a guy like Price is on his game. Price probably chuckles as he gloves those shots.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
3-4 with the Blues next. We no the roller coaster this is our team, but I am thinking about just chalking up 3-5 and not watching friday. Tonight we played 50 solid minutes, but the real "scoring chances" low, only a couple I can think of.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Just wanted to say I was very impressed with Trouba. He was my favorite D in that draft and looks like he's going to be quite a great player for you guys for years to come.

Would love him on the Habs.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Noel finally sent a message to the team: doesn't matter how well or badly you play, the jobs of established players are safe. Message recieved loud and clear Claude. Not starting Montoya is such a disappointing decision. People lament about lack of competition for spots in the team but in one area we do have competition Noel is determined to stifle it. Seems like the coaching staff has bought into Pavelec overhype. I've been a Noel supported all along, I defended Noel against the Burmi drama but this is too much, now I couldn't care less if he gets fired.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Kane is really improving, but he weak shots from the boards or blueline certainly aren't helping the team. Especially when a guy like Price is on his game. Price probably chuckles as he gloves those shots.

IMO he has not been that good this year. I mean still good enough to be top 2-3 on our team every night. But compared to the past 2 years of Evander Kane, I expect more. Unlike most, I am not fooled by the 5 crappy shots a game. Effort is not the issue, decision making is though.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
The loss stinks but overall it was a good performance IMO. Slow start and a hot goalie got in the way of a win. Think positive.

Not really, this team needs to start taking accountability. They outshot the Habs, sure, but almost none of the shots had any chance of going in and were easily grabbed by Price.

DominikPavelec

Mar 8, 2013
Winnipeg
Noel finally sent a message to the team: doesn't matter how well or badly you play, the jobs of established players are safe. Message recieved loud and clear Claude. Not starting Montoya is such a disappointing decision. People lament about lack of competition for spots in the team but in one area we do have competition Noel is determined to stifle it. Seems like the coaching staff has bought into Pavelec overhype. I've been a Noel supported all along, I defended Noel against the Burmi drama but this is too much, now I couldn't care less if he gets fired.

22/24, .917%

Goaltending didn't lose the game for us. A poor first period and inability to score lost us the game.

bazaaa*

Not really, this team needs to start taking accountability. They outshot the Habs, sure, but almost none of the shots had any chance of going in and were easily grabbed by Price.

I didn't see most the game, but they had quite a few quality scoring chances in the third. Maybe you missed the third?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The loss stinks but overall it was a good performance IMO. Slow start and a hot goalie got in the way of a win. Think positive.

For me:

Negatives: first 10 minutes, lack of traffic in front, 3-0, Wheeler, losing to the Habs again.

Positives: Scheifele (thought it was his best game, even though he was held pointless), Trouba (how nice is it to have the first Jets 2.0 drafted players playing so well?), the hitting and intensity after the first 10 minutes, PP looked good - lots of movement and some good chances.

Many good things to take away from the game, even if the end result sucks *****.

Ah well, up and atom next game.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Great effort for 50 minutes. If we want consistent 60 minute efforts, FIRE NOEL!!!

Did you notice that every time that Price made a glove save there was no rebound? I hope Pavs watches the replay and focuses on how Price controls the play.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Brutal first 8 minutes, lack of puck luck and a great goaltender sunk the Jets.

I thought they played pretty well for 40 minutes, against a good team, 'well for 40' ain't gonna cut it.

I have no idea or suggestions as to what the lines need to be next game.

Good games by Scheifele and Trouba. Buff good too.

Wheeler was not effective at all out there.

If only that puck wouldn't have taken a little hop on the two-on-one with Ladd. :(

Evander not a great game today.

bazaaa*

Great effort for 50 minutes. If we want consistent 60 minute efforts, FIRE NOEL!!!

Did you notice that every time that Price made a glove save there was no rebound? I hope Pavs watches the replay and focuses on how Price controls the play.

Do you notice 99% of the time a goalie makes a glove save there is no rebound?

hogtownhabsfan*

We played like crap and didn't deserve those two points. Price stole it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->