LeBrun: Jets listening to offers on Ehlers (Mod warning post 504)

sureloss

Jan 5, 2006
LeBrun Notebook: Lack of comparables make Jordan...

• A few sources have suggested the cap-crunched Jets are listening to offers on Nikolaj Ehlers, among others. The speedy winger, 23, has six more years on his deal at a $6-million cap hit. I would think if Winnipeg did move him it would be for a defenceman so they could protect themselves against a trade of Jacob Trouba and potentially losing Tyler Myers to free agency.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yes. Trade Ehlers to make room for Myers' new contract...

raw

Last edited:

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
Suzuki + 15AO for ehlers?
or If habs can sign EK65, Petry +?
who says no?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sure right now is the best time to be looking at moving Ehlers. Coming off a down year, and signed long-term on a fairly cheap 6M deal (with the way contracts are going now) I think they'd be better off keeping him and hoping he bounces back to his usual 60P self. Maybe then you trade him next summer if you really need the cap space.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
jets probably dont want futures for ehlers, 2nd offer is awful.
they want to free up some cap space to sign Laine/Connor
They will need ELC players.
For the second offer, its not that awful, Petry has a good contract, played a top pair role this season and last one and thrived.
You guys will need to fill the hole trouba will make when he's gonna leave. I just dont know what the plus would need to be. maybe lehkonen and a pick?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
they want to free up some cap space to sign Laine/Connor
They will need ELC players.
For the second offer, its not that awful, Petry has a good contract, played a top pair role this season and last one and thrived.
You guys will need to fill the hole trouba will make when he's gonna leave. I just dont know what the plus would need to be. maybe lehkonen and a pick?

petry will turn 32 this year and has 2 years left. ehlers is 23 and has 6 years left. that second offer is putrid. don't be a homer.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
If the Rangers don't have any targets available at 20... Kreider at 50% and 20 for Ehlers? If not interested in 20, perhaps Lias Andersson instead?

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Jets main priority will be bringing in a defender to take over from Trouba. So any offer should probably include a strong youngish defender for it to make sense. Alternatively they would need a young C2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad