Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Time to move on, be like a closer in baseball, have a short memory.

I think start pavs tomorrow, and monty on friday

regardless of what anyone thinks, Pavs gives us the best shot at winning game in game out.

Tomorrow is "more" crutial to win so Pavelec should be in, but I don't think he should be playing back to back.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Sigh...

At this point, does it matter who starts? Pavs or Montoya will be left to their own devices, and if you think the score last night was indicative of the Panthers talent level, what's the line on the Tampa game? Stamkos 5, Jets 0? Or St. Louis 6, Gliders 0? Conacher 3, floaters 0?

The Gliders are going to get lit up if Stamkos et al gain control of the zone like the Panthers did last night.

10 - 1 is a reasonable expectation based on the team that showed up against Florida.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Fortunately, our strategy seems to be Come out flat, Then get our **** together for a few games, then come out flat again. We'll win this one, and the next 3, just in time to suck it up again in front of the home crowd :)

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Since we should prob get our butts kicked this game....we will prob come out a look great...I predict a SO loss :(

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
Fortunately, our strategy seems to be Come out flat, Then get our **** together for a few games, then come out flat again. We'll win this one, and the next 3, just in time to suck it up again in front of the home crowd :)

That sounds just like the Atlanta Thrashers.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Good game to sit Antro, 4 assists in the past 16 games at $4.5 M per season the guy is one of the most overpaid in the NHL.

Next to sit:

Tangradi 10 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, -2, almost 1 hit, 2 puck touches, 2 missed open nets, S% 0, value of player 0, hockey IQ 0

Last edited:

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Good game to sit Antro, 4 assists in the past 16 games at $4.5 M per season the guy is one of the most overpaid in the NHL.

When are people going to stop complaining about Antro's contract? It's not like we signed him to it, and sitting him won't magically turn him into a power forward again. We're utilizing him properly based on skill. Money isn't the determining factor in how players should be ranked. Once the contract is signed money doesn't mean anything anymore. What matters is the player's role and skill set.

jetkarma*

Next to sit:

Tangradi 10 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, -2, almost 1 hit, 2 puck touches, 2 missed open nets, S% 0, value of player 0, hockey IQ 0

Turns for sitting? Because we have no depth to sit more than one under performer at a time?

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
9-2 Bolts, I have zero faith in this team, today is a scheduled day off for players to lounge around on the beach and that can not be changed as per CBA. I fully expect these losers to come out with bellies full of Rum.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Maybe the Jets could purchase Enstrom a ticket to watch the game. It seems that Byfuglien can't do anything without his blue line babysitter in the same building???

With Enstrom still out, and Buff's inability to consistently produce in Toby's absence. It becomes more and more apparent who is more valuable on our blue line.

With Enstrom locked up for the 5.7 million a year (for 5 more seasons), Bogosian in line for a big raise, the development of Redmond and Postma, and the potential of what Trouba could be.........I think our blue line might get fairly crowded. That being said, the Jets will have to make some tough decisions. Buff may be forced to move to forward (where he belongs) or sent packing.

jetkarma*

Maybe the Jets could purchase Enstrom a ticket to watch the game. It seems that Byfuglien can't do anything without his blue line babysitter in the same building???

With Enstrom still out, and Buff's inability to consistently produce in Toby's absence. It becomes more and more apparent who is more valuable on our blue line.

With Enstrom locked up for the 5.7 million a year (for 5 more seasons), Bogosian in line for a big raise, the development of Redmond and Postma, and the potential of what Trouba could be.........I think our blue line might get fairly crowded. That being said, the Jets will have to make some tough decisions. Buff may be forced to move to forward (where he belongs) or sent packing.

:badidea:

So much that is wrong with this post.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'd give Pavelec this one and have Montoya start against Florida, gives Pavelec a break until Sunday.

agreed. he played a bad game. I think you usually have to try and get him to battle back from it next game.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

Buff hasnt done allot of anything his he got back from injury, that included games with Enstrom.

And Buff isnt being traded, or moved to forward, and nor should he.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Buff hasnt done allot of anything his he got back from injury, that included games with Enstrom.

And Buff isnt being traded, or moved to forward, and nor should he.

Maybe not this year, but there's no way he rides out his current contract as a Jet. As time goes by Buff will be exposed more and more. As soon as the Jets begin to purge the scraps and floaters like Hainsey, Antropov, Wellwood and Miettinen, Buff's inconsistency and sluggishness will stand out even more.

Over the next year our core defence will be built around Bogo, Trouba and Enstrom, not Buff.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Maybe not this year, but there's no way he rides out his current contract as a Jet. As time goes by Buff will be exposed more and more. As soon as the Jets begin to purge the scraps and floaters like Hainsey, Antropov, Wellwood and Miettinen, Buff's inconsistency and sluggishness will stand out even more.

Over the next year our core defence will be built around Bogo, Trouba and Enstrom, not Buff.

How exactly would dumping "scraps and floaters" expose Byfuglien even more?...

I don't follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad