Proposal: Jets-Leafs

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As long as we get a good piece like a 2nd round pick then I'm ok with it. Thing is why give up a guy we could use to insulate our young wingers for a backup goalie we can get in FA without a benefit? It is either a 2nd round pick with Michalek like we got for Laich or pass.

On that note we could send Michalek for Niemi and a top piece like Honka or a 1st. With all the salary coming off the books this year we can easily afford a $4.5M cap hit next year for a top rated piece in return. Might be too pricey for Dallas but maybe we can add in someone we are not a big fan of in training camp to sweeten the deal. Say like:

Michalek, Holland, Corrado
For
Niemi, Honka, 2nd

Or something along the lines of that. Send some decent young guys but let's face it, bottom line players for a potential top 4D and a high pick all to take on a veteran goalie cap dump.

I dare you to make that proposal in it's own thread, I can't believe you seriously think that deal would go through.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
As long as we get a good piece like a 2nd round pick then I'm ok with it. Thing is why give up a guy we could use to insulate our young wingers for a backup goalie we can get in FA without a benefit? It is either a 2nd round pick with Michalek like we got for Laich or pass.

On that note we could send Michalek for Niemi and a top piece like Honka or a 1st. With all the salary coming off the books this year we can easily afford a $4.5M cap hit next year for a top rated piece in return. Might be too pricey for Dallas but maybe we can add in someone we are not a big fan of in training camp to sweeten the deal. Say like:

For
Niemi, Honka, 2nd

Or something along the lines of that. Send some decent young guys but let's face it, bottom line players for a potential top 4D and a high pick all to take on a veteran goalie cap dump.

Terrible train of ideas for teams other than the Leafs. An even worse sales pitch.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
I would give up a 3rd from the Oilers for Armia. 3rd and 4th.

I would trade Armia for draft picks but the Jets want to keep him around for Laine's sake and there's still a chance he could develop into an useful player.

No one wants Pavelec but we need to keep him around while our young goalies develop.

sd1976

Mar 14, 2008
Connor Carrick. The defenseman that led the AHL in playoff scoring in spite of playing one less playoff series than his competition. That guy. His performance more or less inked him a spot on the Leafs lineup. If that's not the case, then he'll be a good replacement for a guy like Hunwick if and when there's trades/injuries.

Also, I don't think the Leafs can move a waiver wire pickup this quickly.

there are no restrictions. Why would you even think that?

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
there are no restrictions. Why would you even think that?

I am fairly sure that there is a rule saying that you may not trade a player until a year after you get him, unless you offer him to every team first. It may not be this exactly, however I think it is something along the lines of this.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I am fairly sure that there is a rule saying that you may not trade a player until a year after you get him, unless you offer him to every team first. It may not be this exactly, however I think it is something along the lines of this.

I believe it's only until the end of the playoffs. At this time it is considered a new year.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

he can be traded the day the reg season ended as the leafs were not in the playoffs. the year is not a calendar year but the reg. season year

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

I believe it's only until the end of the playoffs. At this time it is considered a new year.

he can be traded the day the reg season ended as the leafs were not in the playoffs. the year is not a calendar year but the reg. season year

waivers schmaivers

"Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him. If the claiming team places the player on waivers in the same season and his original team claims him, the team may send the player to the AHL without placing him on waivers again unless he meets the criteria for waiver expiration below."

http://www.litterboxcats.com/2013/10/7/4792782/nhl-waiver-waivers-cba-florida-panthers

2015-Sep-26 Claimed off waivers by Tampa Bay Lightning from New York Islanders
2015-Nov-12 Traded from Tampa Bay Lightning to Calgary Flames for future considerations

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=97433

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I don't think this trade makes sense in terms of cap?

We dumped Bernier for cap reasons to get another capped, under achieved back up?

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Just a couple of weeks ago there was a Jets fan on these boards telling me Armia was better than Connor Brown...

Anyways, I like this trade, it make sense for both teams but swap Armia with a pick and I think Leafs will be happier, no room for him on the roster right now.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
Don't the Jet already have 3 good RHDs? Why do they want Corrado?

Also, Toronto looks like they will be giving spots to Nylander, Marner and Hyman at RW, so adding another young player into that mix might not be a good idea.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

For
Niemi, Honka, 2nd

.....I can't believe you think Dallas would do that.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013

For
Niemi, Honka, 2nd

No motivation for Dallas to do this trade. Offering more low end stuff doesn't equal more quality or motivation for the potential trading partner.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Jets should keep Armia for now anyways. He had some good games last year. I'm sure they want to see what he can do. He has a lot of skill and size - size that he was actually using last year before he got injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad