Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Kings - Jan 10 - 9:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
We are going to win against the Kings. Kane, Stuart, and Enstrom could all play one or both of the B2B games. Hutch will get the start, so we are looking good.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I don't know what to think of this team right now.

Outside of the Calgary game, I thought the Jets have looked very evenly good (despite some small periods in-game) until the last 5. We've only won one of those, and that was against a putrid team. We have not looked good lately.

We aren't playing like that team that looked like it would get points out of every game it played.

We need Kane back. We need Trouba and Enstrom back. We need our mojo back.

We were also missing our top D-men. You can only do so much with a depleted blue line.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't know what to think of this team right now.

Might this be the same inconsistent team we've seen for years in Winnipeg? Injuries, ok, but we've been up and down much like every season.

Everyone talks about the HUGE difference between this year's squad and all others but is it truly there? Or was it just an illusion. Will injuries just be yet ANOTHER excuse or might the Jets management step up to take responsibbilty this time FINALLY.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Might this be the same inconsistent team we've seen for years in Winnipeg? Injuries, ok, but we've been up and down much like every season.

Everyone talks about the HUGE difference between this year's squad and all others but is it truly there? Or was it just an illusion. Will injuries just be yet ANOTHER excuse or might the Jets management step up to take responsibbilty this time FINALLY.

I don't think this is the same team but I haven't liked the last 5 games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

We had a 31 game stretch where we were playing at a 114 point pace. Last year that would be good for 3rd in the league and the last full year before that it would be a President's Trophy. We had a bad 5 game stretch to start the season and have now hit another bad 5 game stretch. We have never had a 31 game stretch where we were that consistently good. So no, we haven't been up and down like every season.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
It's up in the air for the playoffs, but I don't think it's fair to write them off without 5 key players in the lineup.

This game is the real test though

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Lets bring up the tank thread , so we can start winning again.... i cant't find it..

Mc David, Eichel lets go!

Go Jets beat the Kings!

Hutch playing?
no GDT?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
We are going to win against the Kings. Kane, Stuart, and Enstrom could all play one or both of the B2B games. Hutch will get the start, so we are looking good.

if i had my way, i'd suit up Kane and Toby for tonight's game, sit them vs the Ducks and put Stu in vs the Ducks.

tonight's a must-win game. a loss will bite the Jets in the butt during a final playoff push

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
if i had my way, i'd suit up Kane and Toby for tonight's game, sit them vs the Ducks and put Stu in vs the Ducks.

tonight's a must-win game. a loss will bite the Jets in the butt during a final playoff push

We have one roster spot open. Ellerby can be sent down without waivers (immediately to open a roster spot). I've lost track of how many cumulative days Cormier has been on the roster since he's been up and down so often, but he's probably getting close to needing waivers again. I would guess the Jets are only willing to send Cormier down, once Evander gets medical clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad