Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Another battle of the wild card teams. Hope this one turns out better

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
We have to get back to being hard to play against, the last couple have been far too easy.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two teams coming off rough outings. Heard on TSN1290 this morning that Toby and Stu won't play back to back so there is a chance they both miss this game.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Two teams coming off rough outings. Heard on TSN1290 this morning that Toby and Stu won't play back to back so there is a chance they both miss this game.

I'd prefer they play this one and miss the Ducks game, this one is more important right now, not how it goes I know but it would be nice to have them tomorrow. At least Enstrom anyway.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pencil in the W for the Kings!:(

Jet bottom pairing D of the AHL'er and tweener will get eaten up.

If Hutch has an exceptional game and the Jets forwards engage (bother to show up) for the first time in a couple of games the Jets may have a chance.:help:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@Ted_Wyman: Bryan Little not on the ice today. Patrice Cormier skating in his place with Ladd and Wheeler. #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: Evander Kane skating with Lowry and Halischuk. #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: There are so many players in red jerseys out there (d-men) I didn't notice until now that Adam Pardy is not one of them. #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: Sounds like #NHLjets will get some bodies back this weekend. Stuart, Enstrom and Kane all candidates though Kane may need a few more days

@Ted_Wyman: Evander Kane said he felt good and if it were up to him he'd play this weekend "for sure." #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: Little and Pardy both on maintenance days. Both expected to be available to play Saturday vs LA #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: There's at least a chance any or all of Stuart, Enstrom, Kane could play this weekend but Paul Maurice wasn't making any promises. #NHLJets

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Not raising my expectations, but hopefully we don't get another crap fest. Good thing it's a late game, can fall asleep if things don't go according to plan :naughty:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
The Jets mean streak returns which becomes a 5 game win streak starting with this game.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
January 9th

Coach-Maurice-pre-game-300x176.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum - On Enstrom and Stuart and ability to get back into the lineup. Has he been able to put the disappointment of yesterday behind them? What is Evander Kane’s status? What does this team need to do to stay out of the penalty box? On status of Bryan Little and Adam Pardy. How does having a hot goalie like Hutchinson help offset the injuries? Could he have expected this level of performance from Hutchinson? Who starts tomorrow? On keeping his team focused during the Teemu pre-game ceremony.

To listen click here.

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I'd prefer they play this one and miss the Ducks game, this one is more important right now, not how it goes I know but it would be nice to have them tomorrow. At least Enstrom anyway.

I think this game is more winnable than the Ducks. I would put Hutch in net and try and get either Enstrom or Stu or both into the game against the Kings, rather than against the Ducks. I know coaches and players will never say out loud that a game is an automatic loss, but you know there's gotta be some members of the team both in the jerseys and in the suits, that are not expecting a W in Anaheim.

If we can get even just 1 more starting D in the lineup against LA, that would really put us on the same level as the Kings.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Things are getting a little tight in the standings for my liking. Since we lost last night, we need at very least 2 points this weekend to avoid falling out of the playoff line. At the same time, I figured we would have been a few points out by now after Trouba and Stuart joined Bogo and Toby in the press box. So im trying to stay optimistic.

Has anyone else noticed, the team seems to have gotten away from the very "identity" that made them good this year. I realize Kane is huge to that identity, as he fits it perfectly. But still. We had a good hard forecheck, a lot of physical play, finishing hits, roughing up teams. Effort was never an issue. Just an overall hard nosed "ugly" hockey as they called it. Since Kane went down, a lot of guys stopped playing that style. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@Ted_Wyman: Bryan Little not on the ice today. Patrice Cormier skating in his place with Ladd and Wheeler. #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: Evander Kane skating with Lowry and Halischuk. #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: There are so many players in red jerseys out there (d-men) I didn't notice until now that Adam Pardy is not one of them. #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: Sounds like #NHLjets will get some bodies back this weekend. Stuart, Enstrom and Kane all candidates though Kane may need a few more days

@Ted_Wyman: Evander Kane said he felt good and if it were up to him he'd play this weekend "for sure." #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: Little and Pardy both on maintenance days. Both expected to be available to play Saturday vs LA #NHLJets

@Ted_Wyman: There's at least a chance any or all of Stuart, Enstrom, Kane could play this weekend but Paul Maurice wasn't making any promises. #NHLJets

So .... they are day-to-day then? :naughty: :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Things are getting a little tight in the standings for my liking. Since we lost last night, we need at very least 2 points this weekend to avoid falling out of the playoff line. At the same time, I figured we would have been a few points out by now after Trouba and Stuart joined Bogo and Toby in the press box. So im trying to stay optimistic.

Has anyone else noticed, the team seems to have gotten away from the very "identity" that made them good this year. I realize Kane is huge to that identity, as he fits it perfectly. But still. We had a good hard forecheck, a lot of physical play, finishing hits, roughing up teams. Effort was never an issue. Just an overall hard nosed "ugly" hockey as they called it. Since Kane went down, a lot of guys stopped playing that style. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not sure if you are correct or not. It certainly fits the last game. Before that? Maybe.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't know what to think of this team right now.

Outside of the Calgary game, I thought the Jets have looked very evenly good (despite some small periods in-game) until the last 5. We've only won one of those, and that was against a putrid team. We have not looked good lately.

We aren't playing like that team that looked like it would get points out of every game it played.

We need Kane back. We need Trouba and Enstrom back. We need our mojo back.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think this game is more winnable than the Ducks. I would put Hutch in net and try and get either Enstrom or Stu or both into the game against the Kings, rather than against the Ducks. I know coaches and players will never say out loud that a game is an automatic loss, but you know there's gotta be some members of the team both in the jerseys and in the suits, that are not expecting a W in Anaheim.

If we can get even just 1 more starting D in the lineup against LA, that would really put us on the same level as the Kings.

Maybe, you put Enstrom in against the Kings (or Stuart for that matter). And if he comes out fine you play him against the Ducks. Just because Maurice said he won't play them back to back, doesn't mean he won't play them B2B. All he has to say is: Toby felt good, and responded well and is good to go tomorrow. Just because he is talking to the media, doesn't mean he is telling them his plans. Look how accurately he gave them every d-mans return date :sarcasm:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I feel really sorry for all the local fans that paid to travel to see the Phoenix ***** show in person.

If the same Jets team shows up to play L.A. this game will be even more unwatchable.

204*

what happend to the crashing banging scrum after the whistles fighting emotion ? now were focusing to much on no penalties and losing the edge and chippyness to our game. the team should have dropped the mitts vs the yotes and show some fight peluso thorburn?? someone??

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If they don't want to play stu and Toby back to back.... Why not play one Saturday and one Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad