Jets in game music

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I propose that our goal song should be Guile's theme from Street Fighter 2.

Ninja edit: I agree about Winnipeg radio being a wasteland for music. Hopefully, now that Power97 is back they will start to play some new rock and not just a new album from Kiss or ACDC.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the spectrum of radio tracks that have been playing. Yes, they still roll out some of the old dinosaur classics like Black Betty (though they play the full solo, which is nice), they also play some newer stuff that I'm not familiar with. They pulled out Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz yesterday, and I've heard some less popular tracks from RHCP and Greenday, too - Longview in particular. It's much more full rotation than Bob FM or most classic rock stations.

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I propose that our goal song should be Guile's theme from Street Fighter 2.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the spectrum of radio tracks that have been playing. Yes, they still roll out some of the old dinosaur classics like Black Betty (though they play the full solo, which is nice), they also play some newer stuff that I'm not familiar with. They pulled out Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz yesterday, and I've heard some less popular tracks from RHCP and Greenday, too - Longview in particular. It's much more full rotation than Bob FM or most classic rock stations.

Again, the dinosaur comparison. I prefer to think of them as songs that have stood the test of time.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
That ridiculous Rev Theory song wasn't bad at all for a goal song I thought. made me actually like it.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Anyone know why we switched from Rev Theory's Hell Yeah? IMO it was an excellent goal song. I still smile every time I hear it.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Anyone know why we switched from Rev Theory's Hell Yeah? IMO it was an excellent goal song. I still smile every time I hear it.

Thought it had no pop over crowd cheering, just kinda blended into the noise.

I rather they find something a bit more destinguishable that you hear clearly after a goal.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Thought it had no pop over crowd cheering, just kinda blended into the noise.

I rather they find something a bit more destinguishable that you hear clearly after a goal.

Easily fixed... :yo:

20120818_boom_volume.jpg

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I agree. The atmosphere was way more electric with Rev Theory - Hell Yeah than it was for Shout.

Whoever decided to change it to Shout made a mistake.

Hopefully they went back to Rev Theory - Hell Yeah, with our goal horn it blended well with the song and sounded great live, the fans were really pumped up hearing that.

Pretty sure they anticipated more partitipation in the cheers which is why they picked Shout, still a bad decision IMO.

They did, though, it's more of 2 electric keyboards set on organ setting. In any event, the guy playing it was probably nervous, hope he gets better during the season as it didn't seem to have the effect the management was likely looking for.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
New goal song, but it wasn't revealed tonight because we suck.

Also was it just me or did the organist keep screwing up? All the familiar "hockey organ" beats seems off tone.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Ummm.... HELL YES!!! :yo:

Going to do an organ, do it right and get an actual organ haha.

Only kidding, they could have presented it in a neater fashion though.

Yes @TomServoMST3K I thought the same as well.

Those keyboards look like what I had as a ten year old kid.
As for the guy, I'm not expecting Billy Preston, but he seemed rather amateur. I suppose he needs a few games to adjust; a spirts crowd is so different.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
A friend of a friend is the organ player. Says he is a great piano player so maybe he just needs some time to adjust to the "organ" and hockey songs in general.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
A friend of a friend is the organ player. Says he is a great piano player so maybe he just needs some time to adjust to the "organ" and hockey songs in general.
I figure that is the case as well, pre-season jitters and playing in front of a crowd.

Anyone have any hints as to what the new goal song will be? (serious ideas).

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The tweet says the new goal song will be played after the first regular season goal - so don't expect to hear it in the preseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad