Jets in game music

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
The tweet says the new goal song will be played after the first regular season goal - so don't expect to hear it in the preseason.

Time to play the guessing game as to what the new song will be!

With it being the year of the heritage game, the obvious selection would be "Jump" Van Halen

ps if you read the original statement, the new goal song won't be played until the regular season. From their comments it seems a few posters didn't get the memo...

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
I think that "Jump" would be fun for about one game, then I'd be ready to move on.
The goal song needs more metal: I'd vote for "Back Inside" by Obituary or maybe "Behind Enemy Lines" by Bolt Thrower. :yo:
Of course I understand that I'd be alone in this. :yo:

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Those keyboards look like what I had as a ten year old kid.
As for the guy, I'm not expecting Billy Preston, but he seemed rather amateur. I suppose he needs a few games to adjust; a spirts crowd is so different.

I would think so... :snide:

m.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Have the jets ever changed the goal horn? Like has it been the same since jets 1.0?

I know this question is a year ago, but I'm answering because it's cool - that's right, it's the exact same goal horn used by Jets 1.0. They took it out of the old Winnipeg Arena and put it in MTS Centre when it was built.

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I can't stand that stupid thing they do after a whistle and before face offs. It goes something like.....
dumb-dumb (up a half note) dumb-dumb (up a half note) dumb-dumb ( up a half note) dumb-dumb........
WTF is that?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I can't stand that stupid thing they do after a whistle and before face offs. It goes something like.....
dumb-dumb (up a half note) dumb-dumb (up a half note) dumb-dumb ( up a half note) dumb-dumb........
WTF is that?

Are you talking about the theme from Jaws?

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
What do you guys think of the new goal song? I heard it live for the first time last night, (5 times! - 4 legit) I like it! Way better than Shout or Jump.

ukrainianjet

Aug 10, 2012
Anyone know the name/artist of songs contained in the jets warmup music for Game 2 vs Minnesota? I was at the game but couldn't figure out information for some of the songs. The music was prominent in the first half of the season in home game warm ups but hasn't been played that recently as there has been more hip hop played.

Beck- Up all night

is one of them. Any help jets fans?

Thanks and Go Jets Go!

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Anyone know the name/artist of songs contained in the jets warmup music for Game 2 vs Minnesota? I was at the game but couldn't figure out information for some of the songs. The music was prominent in the first half of the season in home game warm ups but hasn't been played that recently as there has been more hip hop played.

Beck- Up all night

Thanks and Go Jets Go!

“Look Alive” - BlocBoy JB ft Drake
“Body” - Loud Luxury ft Brando
“Powerglide” - Rae Sremmurd ft Juicy J
“Dreams and Nightmares” - Meek Mill
“Like I Do” - David Guetta, Martin Garrix & Brooks
“Lullaby” - R3hab & Mike Williams
“Boom” - Tiësto & Sevenn

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Beck- Up all night

Thanks and Go Jets Go!

Shazam

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm pissed that they didn't keep the Rammstein intro going into the playoffs. That sounds so epic as they enter the ice, like to beware of the Winnipeg Jets. The stuff they have for the playoffs right now just sounds too soft.

I would change the goal song to something either more intense or catchy. Not a big fan of catchy, but that's what people love and why people love Chelsea Dagger. It'd be a crime for the Chicago Blackhawks to ditch Chelsea Dagger. It'd be hard to find a song that's catchy in Winnipeg's sense.

Reactions: thereturn
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm pissed that they didn't keep the Rammstein intro going into the playoffs. That sounds so epic as they enter the ice, like to beware of the Winnipeg Jets. The stuff they have for the playoffs right now just sounds too soft.

I would change the goal song to something either more intense or catchy. Not a big fan of catchy, but that's what people love and why people love Chelsea Dagger. It'd be a crime for the Chicago Blackhawks to ditch Chelsea Dagger. It'd be hard to find a song that's catchy in Winnipeg's sense.

Catchy would be using the post chorus bridge from S.O.B. by Nathaniel Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats.

I realize the lyrical content isn't ideal, but there are no lyrics in this section of the track and it's call & response phrasing makes it an ideal song for a celebration. Been suggesting this for nearly 3 years now, long before it became a standard.

At some point some team is going to pick up on this & it'll be forever associated with them like Chicago & Chelsea Dagger.

On the subject of The Fratelli's, "Costello Music" was a fantastic album.

220px-TheFratellis-CostelloMusic.jpg

This was my favourite track off that album.

Last edited:

ukrainianjet

Aug 10, 2012
“Look Alive” - BlocBoy JB ft Drake
“Body” - Loud Luxury ft Brando
“Powerglide” - Rae Sremmurd ft Juicy J
“Dreams and Nightmares” - Meek Mill
“Like I Do” - David Guetta, Martin Garrix & Brooks
“Lullaby” - R3hab & Mike Williams
“Boom” - Tiësto & Sevenn

Thank you!

Ad