Pre-Game Talk: Jets host Leafs • Thu, Apr 22 @ 6:00 pm CT • Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
is anyone surprised? Beaulieu was what 7-8th dman on BUF and top-pair for us.

Just wait for the MOrrissey-Benn pairing

Reactions: sipowicz

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Maybe we bring back Benn next year for the vaunted Beaulieu-Benn pairing :eek:

Ah, BeauBenn, BennLoo -- it's the new BuffStrom or TroubaSey. We will go far with those big-bodied stalwarts clearing the crease and rimming it up the boards 400x a game. And big hits and stick penalties -- lawd, the stick penalties...

I think quite a few posters called this. Benn will be locked in until a space opens up due to injury or 7D -- although Stanley didn't help his cause last game.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Unless Benn puts the smash on one of the TO golden boys, and becomes an instant folk hero, or something....

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I don't want to be negative Nelly over here.
But the lengthy Leafs losing streak combined with Mo's choice of lines seems like everything is pointing towards a loss.

Beyek will tell us all about their PP woes and stats before they score 5 pp goals on us.
The bottom 6 will likely need to save us in this one.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Why is anyone surprsied or upset Benn is playing. Didn't Maurice just say he wants all the Jets depth D men to get a few games in before playoffs, and isn't that a good plan to see how they all do? If Benn sucks lets find out now in some meaningless games instead of in the playoffs if there are injuries.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jay Harrison... Joe Morrow... and good ol' Brian Strait...
I’m thinking a top six of the following would be pretty good for our Cup run:

Strait Beaulieu
Harrison Stuart
Melchiori Morrow

Benn can be the seventh D. Oh, and how could I forget Bitetto? I suppose I also wouldn’t be against bringing back Brett Festerling, Arturs Kulda and Randy Jones for playoff depth. And does anyone know what Keaton Ellerby is up to these days?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: JetsUK

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Stanley was awful last game against Edmonton, he gave them 2 breakaways by terrible giveaways People on Vancouver's board said Hughes hasn't been near as good with Benn gone . Benn could be very good for us, gotta play the guy and find out. Forbort had been looking pretty tired but maybe the break will help.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Why is anyone surprsied or upset Benn is playing. Didn't Maurice just say he wants all the Jets depth D men to get a few games in before playoffs, and isn't that a good plan to see how they all do? If Benn sucks lets find out now in some meaningless games instead of in the playoffs if there are injuries.

I am looking forward to seeing Benn play. Way to much concern over him. He will be just fine and provide some much needed aggression on the blueline. I do worry about his conditioning though plus the fact the Leafs cannot keep losing , which means he will lend up -4 and the Leafs will win 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad