Pre-Game Talk: Jets host Leafs • Thu, Apr 22 @ 6:00 pm CT • Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Pomo breaking CSW up when they're getting caved, finding other line combos that work, then putting CSW together after one rough period

#AreYouBeakingMySheep
#WoollyThinking
#MarkWheelerBlakeSheeple4Ever
#IHamOffended

It's like there's cosmic force that pulls that line together, independent of and stronger than any force that (perfectly rationally) tries to keep them apart. I imagine again the giant whiteboard in the Jets' strategy room covered with the names of all possible line combinations -- and then a ghostly C....S...W... emerging with a bolt of lightning, and PoMo receiving this vision, mouth agape in awe....

This is a Leafs team that is both desperate for a win and ripe for the picking -- could go either way, but the Jets could really do some damage with a win here.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Pomo breaking CSW up when they're getting caved, finding other line combos that work, then putting CSW together after one rough period

Chuck Darwin says hello.

tenor.gif

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Leaf Nation is in full blown meltdown lol.

Losing 5 straight is pretty rough.

Apparently f it wasn't for the goalie, refs, and GM they would have won all five of those games.

The goalie clearly cost them, or put them at a severe disadvantage, in the game against the Jets (arguably) and definitely last night.

Their god awful PP is the main reason they aren't winning. Campbell papered over a lot of cracks during his 11 game run but they're something like 3 for 50 on the PP lately. When you can't score on the PP and your goalie doesn't give you saves at the other end, turns out you lose more often than not.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Can you imagine this place if we lost 2 in a row against a team that was ravaged by Covid and hadn't played in 3 weeks? :laugh:

A non playoff team, near the bottom, and without their best scorer to boot!

I love the Leafs backing into the playoffs. I actually want to meet them in the first round so we can be the one to give them the boot.

Maybe the Oilers will end up first, us second, and the Leafs third. I think Montreal matches up pretty well with the Oilers - they can knock out Edmonton and then we meet Mtl in the division final.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
A non playoff team, near the bottom, and without their best scorer to boot!

I love the Leafs backing into the playoffs. I actually want to meet them in the first round so we can be the one to give them the boot.

Maybe the Oilers will end up first, us second, and the Leafs third. I think Montreal matches up pretty well with the Oilers - they can knock out Edmonton and then we meet Mtl in the division final.
Reminds me of the 2018-19 Winnipeg Jets.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The goalie clearly cost them, or put them at a severe disadvantage, in the game against the Jets (arguably) and definitely last night.

Their god awful PP is the main reason they aren't winning. Campbell papered over a lot of cracks during his 11 game run but they're something like 3 for 50 on the PP lately. When you can't score on the PP and your goalie doesn't give you saves at the other end, turns out you lose more often than not.
No goaltending , no Mas .

Reactions: Duke749

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
The top 20 players in the NHL are Leafs, #21 best player is Connor McDavid. He may drop closer to #30 if we include the Leafs taxi squad and PB players (I don't know how many they have). He's still doing great, though, to be ranked so high.

So according to this, Petan > McDavid.

Just checked their board....yup, pretty accurate!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice coach media availability:

Topics:

1. How much importance is on these games with the Leafs?
2. Importance of his penalty kill.
3. What makes tomorrow a good time to get Jordie Benn in and using him on PK.
4. Importance of finishing the season up strong.
5. What the new guys mean for the Jets and Leafs.
6. Did he see what he needed to see from Blake Wheeler in these practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad