Pre-Game Talk: Jets host Leafs • Thu, Apr 22 @ 6:00 pm CT • Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The goalie clearly cost them, or put them at a severe disadvantage, in the game against the Jets (arguably) and definitely last night.

Their god awful PP is the main reason they aren't winning. Campbell papered over a lot of cracks during his 11 game run but they're something like 3 for 50 on the PP lately. When you can't score on the PP and your goalie doesn't give you saves at the other end, turns out you lose more often than not.

With more than 45 million in cap space devoted to their PP, how can it be bad? :laugh:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I don't want to be negative Nelly over here.
But the lengthy Leafs losing streak combined with Mo's choice of lines seems like everything is pointing towards a loss.

Beyek will tell us all about their PP woes and stats before they score 5 pp goals on us.
The bottom 6 will likely need to save us in this one.
Yup, I am worried too.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
giphy-downsized-large.gif

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Stanley was awful last game against Edmonton, he gave them 2 breakaways by terrible giveaways People on Vancouver's board said Hughes hasn't been near as good with Benn gone . Benn could be very good for us, gotta play the guy and find out. Forbort had been looking pretty tired but maybe the break will help.

Bold : Whoaaa.

Benn could be very mediocre for us. That's probably about it, and that's fine. Maybe he can get some luck and be good. If he plays better than Stanley or Heinola, great. If he doesn't, it may take much more than a few bad games to rotate him out. The issue is once he's in the lineup, he will have a bigger leeway to be shit, just like Forbort has a longer leeway to be shit than Stanley.

Reactions: JetsUK

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
Stanley was awful last game against Edmonton, he gave them 2 breakaways by terrible giveaways People on Vancouver's board said Hughes hasn't been near as good with Benn gone . Benn could be very good for us, gotta play the guy and find out. Forbort had been looking pretty tired but maybe the break will help.
Agree with everything there, Dude..and Stanley could use a break..Sasquatches need to be broken in carefully..

Reactions: Jets 31

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
The first page of this thread lmao... I love the sass :D

I wonder what other injury Wheeler had that only took 6 games of rest to heal from? Not saying he didn't have something nagging him, but I'm not holding out hope that he turns back the clock on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad