Harkins-Thompson-Lewis
Morrissey-Poolman
Forbort-Pionk
Benn-DeMelo

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Wonder if we’ll see the Jets show some heart and start running Leaf players ... of course not! Matthews should be a dead man but the Jets aren’t interested in fighting back

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I wouldn't mind giving Perfetti a cup of coffee on a sheltered line. Worst case scenario he isn't ready and he gets an idea of what he needs to work on to get there. Best case scenario we can make another line that's capable of offense.

This is a very good idea, and I understand that Perfetti is really scoring quite well right now, and that's very remarkable at such a young age. I'd very much like to see his skill set on display with the Jets. I'd like to see what he can do, and get a feel for him.

He may be a very important guy in the near future, and likely replace someone like Stastny. I would also add that if Connor and Ehlers had the talent to make the jump to "big club" at such young ages, I think there may be a good chance that Perfetti can as well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah it won't annoy me if he doesn't get a game, it would just be nice to see where he's at and to give him something to work towards, especially if we don't want him back in the OHL next year as AHL likely won't be an option.

I think he gets one. The team will likely rest players before the playoffs. We saw a number of prospects get into the last game back in 2015. I expect we will see the same this year.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Man, should we pull it off tomorrow, I have a PGT title in mind already (if I create it in time)....... :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I agree about playing Perfetti, especially if the positions are set.
I'd love to see what he could do with Ehlers and Scheif or Ehlers and PLD.
If this guy develops into a center and is good enough to play 2C, we'll be smiling and set at that position for along while.
It'd be nice to see Slamberg and more of KV/Heinola/Stanimal too. Give them a taste of the Leafs and maybe a Calgary (usually more of a physical affair) game.
For fun if you can't move up or down in the standings, I'd try spreading our top 6 over the top 3 lines...

KC Stastny Scheif
Lowry Perfetti Ehlers
KV PLD Wheeler
MP Copper Apples

JMo Pionk
Heinola DD
Stanimal Slamberg

Lomac

Jul 28, 2011
Winnipeg
No Lowry I want to see this instead, time to get Stats some C time for the playoffs.
Connor-Scheif-Ehlers
Copp-PLD-Wheeler
MattyP-Stats-Appleton
4th line

Reactions: Pongs21

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Coach post practice media:

Topics:

1. Status update on Adam Lowry
2. Connor Hellebuyck's reaction to getting pulled.
3. Team needing to play with more edge.
4. Is there a discernable difference to play at home vs on the road?
5. Does he need to have a further conversation with Hellebuyck.
6. Would he like to see a reaction from his team when things happen to his players?
7. Having seven D on the ice at practice.
8. Head shots in the NHL.
9. Are the Leafs a dirty team?
10. Learning about your opponents when your team isn't playing optimally.

The media was having allot of trouble with Toronto’s cheap shots .

Holy hell “you’re badgering the witness” comes to mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad