Post-Game Talk: Jets hit break on a good note!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
You mean: the Jets put him in net?

;)
I’ll expand further .
Pavs typically started most seasons fairly well but by December the quality of his play went downhill.
There was this weird fixation to make him him play 60+ games when it was apparent that wasn’t his forte
I was very glad to see him go and I don’t relish seeing him struggle.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Once they started paying him as a starter the dye was cast. I think Chevy started learning on the job after a couple of early bad contracts. If you could go back in time he was a player who should never been given a long term deal.
Yes im glad you admitted there was learning on the job , that applies to Chipman as well.
Yes bad contract for sure my point was Pavelec didn’t draw up the contract himself nor appoint himself de facto starter ( although I’m sure he would have )

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@Eyeseeing - I definitely don't blame Pav for being the goalie he is. I blame management for giving him that contract, and not buckling under and fixing the problem.

We're getting OT here, so I'll stop. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with the discussion of Pav. ;)

On the good side: Mason has nowhere to go but up, and Helle is looking very strong - bodes well for when we come out of this break.

Reactions: ps241

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
@Eyeseeing - I definitely don't blame Pav for being the goalie he is. I blame management for giving him that contract, and not buckling under and fixing the problem.

We're getting OT here, so I'll stop. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I'm done with the discussion of Pav. ;)

On the good side: Mason has nowhere to go but up, and Helle is looking very strong - bodes well for when we come out of this break.
Agree.
Helle has impressed so far.
I’m really hoping Mason finds his way too.
Goalies are key for us to move to playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad