Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'd rather have Krug than Hamonic I think. If Boston is willing to give up Krug+D Prospect + 1st for Trouba + Lowry/Burmi I think we should jump on that and leave the isles out of it. Depending on the D prospect I doubt Boston takes that deal though

Not me, I have 0 interest in Krug. Doubt Hamonic is even available since they gave him a letter, but I'd take him 11 times out of 10 over Krug.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
The Krug trade would be funny mostly cause we'd have the tallest right side / smallest left side in the league!

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Perhaps Chevy will take into account that it's a bonus for us to get a player like Harmonic who unlike Trouba wants to play in Wpg. Just not sure how Boston would fit into the equation. However, I'm not sure if Harmonic is considered to be closer to Myers or Trouba in quality of play.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Perhaps Chevy will take into account that it's a bonus for us to get a player like Harmonic who unlike Trouba wants to play in Wpg. Just not sure how Boston would fit into the equation. However, I'm not sure if Harmonic is considered to be closer to Myers or Trouba in quality of play.

Hamonic is also a right shot. He's not s good match for a trade

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Myers plays waaaaaaay too soft and that is his biggest flaw. Hamonic for Myers, Dano and Petan and then trade Trouba and Pavs 50% retained for Muzzin.

Muzzin Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Myers Postma

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Myers plays waaaaaaay too soft and that is his biggest flaw. Hamonic for Myers, Dano and Petan and then trade Trouba and Pavs 50% retained for Muzzin.

Muzzin Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Myers Postma

Where did Myers come from on your depth chart. Didn't we trade him for Hamonic.

Doubt LA goes for that anyways.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Muzzin Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Myers Postma

I would do that pair of trades in a heartbeat but I think your 3rd pair should be Morrissey Postma. :)

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014

Muzzin Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Myers Postma

I'd rather keep Myers petan and dano. I think hamonic is an upgrade on Myers but not that much of an upgrade that Id give up two of out better prospects. Myers and one of dano or petan I think would be closer value

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd rather keep Myers petan and dano. I think hamonic is an upgrade on Myers but not that much of an upgrade that Id give up two of out better prospects. Myers and one of dano or petan I think would be closer value

You are spending from a surplus and you have to give the other team some incentive. It is worth letting them win the trade in total value to get the best player in the trade.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
You are spending from a surplus and you have to give the other team some incentive. It is worth letting them win the trade in total value to get the best player in the trade.

You don't know that Hamonic is really better though. He might be right now....but for all you know Petan could be awesome sooner rather than later.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Did we not come to a concensus that Hamonic is a moderate upgrade on Myers? Why are people proposing Myers +++ for what is not much better than a lateral move?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You don't know that Hamonic is really better though. He might be right now....but for all you know Petan could be awesome sooner rather than later.

OK, lets run the Jets risk free.:sarcasm: Hamonic is clearly the better player right now. The future is unknown but you are trading something that is not needed for something that is. The something traded may turn out very good. Or not. Thats just a risk you have to take. Don't concentrate so much on adding up the relative values of the sides of the trades. Look at the team you have built when the dust settles. One year for the rookies to settle in and that is a contender. If the goaltending is any good at all it is instantly a PO team.

We are pretty much set for several years during which time we can rebuild our prospect pool.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Surprised their hasn't been more Carolina chatter. You' think that Hanifin, Slavin, Bean might all be on Chevys radar.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014

I just don't think it's a necessary trade with the hole on the left side to slightly upgrade our strong right side. While losing 2 very good prospects in the process. If we lose dano and petan our farm system is much weaker and our NHL team realistically gets an upgrade on the second pairing right side, while still having nothing on the left side. What is the incentive for us to do this trade? The isles take this deal and run.

Edit: Not to mention the kings would laugh at an offer of an unsigned dman and pavs for their top pairing left dman.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Muzzin Buff
Enstrom Hamonic
Myers Postma

The Kings never accept that deal by any stretch of the imagination. You'd have to add to Trouba to get Muzzin, not subtract from Trouba (which is what Pavs is). Trouba + Dano + 2nd might get them to the table, but I doubt they take that even.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I just don't think it's a necessary trade with the hole on the left side to slightly upgrade our strong right side. While losing 2 very good prospects in the process. If we lose dano and petan our farm system is much weaker and our NHL team realistically gets an upgrade on the second pairing right side, while still having nothing on the left side. What is the incentive for us to do this trade? The isles take this deal and run.

Edit: Not to mention the kings would laugh at an offer of an unsigned dman and pavs for their top pairing left dman.

That suggestion was part of a 2 trade package that produced a very good, very very good D corps. In isolation I'm less enthusiastic about it. I do Myers plus either one of the others without hesitation. Plus the second one I'm not so sure. :)

You may be right about LA. It is a fantasy suggestion but you try to downplay Trouba's value by calling him an unsigned dman. It is taken for granted that Trouba signs either 5 mins before ANY trade or 5 mins after. The unsigned thing carries zero weight because it WILL be settled before a trade is done.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014
That suggestion was part of a 2 trade package that produced a very good, very very good D corps. In isolation I'm less enthusiastic about it. I do Myers plus either one of the others without hesitation. Plus the second one I'm not so sure. :)

You may be right about LA. It is a fantasy suggestion but you try to downplay Trouba's value by calling him an unsigned dman. It is taken for granted that Trouba signs either 5 mins before ANY trade or 5 mins after. The unsigned thing carries zero weight because it WILL be settled before a trade is done.

Yes but it is not settled. If it is settled though why is la taking on pavelecs negative value even at 50% retained and making the hole on their top pairing left side for a player that has insisted he is only interested in playing the right side? In a vacuum muzzin and trouba probably carry similar value but this isn't a vacuum. Trouba plus one o petan or dano maybe gets some interest but even then I done see the incentive for la to do this trade.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Yes but it is not settled. If it is settled though why is la taking on pavelecs negative value even at 50% retained and making the hole on their top pairing left side for a player that has insisted he is only interested in playing the right side? In a vacuum muzzin and trouba probably carry similar value but this isn't a vacuum. Trouba plus one o petan or dano maybe gets some interest but even then I done see the incentive for la to do this trade.

But at that price....eeeghk.

How long muzzin signed for? Let's not forget he's 5 years older then trouba.

Not sure how overpaying to get the guy you want when the guy your trading is a 23 yearold top pairing dman.

IMO troubas got more value then muzzin in a vacuum.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that were either going to have to sign trouba, sit him all year, or make two moves.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

If this trade were to happen it WOULD have been settled. Period. It isn't settled now but it would be then. If it couldn't be settled NO trade of Trouba happens. Not this one and not any other one either. That is such a clear absolute that we don't even need to consider it. It is assumed in every Trouba trade suggestion. The other assumption that was quite obvious to begin with is that Pav is NOT a negative value at 50% because LAK are desperate for a goalie. The whole proposal of 2 trades hinged on that. If you are just going to ignore that then ignore the whole proposal because it doesn't exist without that. If you want to debate that assumption go ahead. The incentive is clear. It is that negative value you refer to. If you don't think LAK would want Pav then argue that.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
La is by no means desperate for a goalie. They had survived with scrivens and zatkoff is arguably better.

Remember la is in a compete now mode. It makes muzzin much more valuable to them now than trouba. Muzzin is also signed longterm for a very reasonable cap hit.

Theres no way they trade muzzin for trouba without a big add.

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
Call me crazy but what if something shook up like Trouba for RNH then little for someone like slavin/Theodore/ good Young LHD?

Just a thought. Not saying we should trade little but it could be a game changer for us

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Call me crazy but what if something shook up like Trouba for RNH then little for someone like slavin/Theodore/ good Young LHD?

Just a thought. Not saying we should trade little but it could be a game changer for us

With Little out indefinitely I guess that's off the table for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad