Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Am I the only one that isn't that all that unhappy about this? Hamonic is a heck of a player, but I don't know that he would address any major need on our roster. The whole "local boy" angle was getting too much hype, IMO.

Agreed, I'm not really that disappointed either. I would also rather keep Trouba.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Agreed, I'm not really that disappointed either. I would also rather keep Trouba.

Been saying it since day one - offer Myers+2nd, if that's not enough, move on. Happily moving on now.

And sign Trouba pls.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Am I the only one that isn't that all that unhappy about this? Hamonic is a heck of a player, but I don't know that he would address any major need on our roster. The whole "local boy" angle was getting too much hype, IMO.

I agree.

I wonder what made him change his mind?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Been saying it since day one - offer Myers+2nd, if that's not enough, move on. Happily moving on now.

And sign Trouba pls.

Agree with both. Myers and Hamonic would have been a lateral trade, but we could use some of what Hamonic provides. Trouba would have been bad.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Looks like Hamonic doesn't want to go anywhere now. Interesting. At least we can put that topic to bed. Who are we after now? Vatanen? Faulk?

It had become too much of a thing here. Glad to see the end of it. It is over, right?

Lindholm next please. Make a serious offer. Trouba plus.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

Well the "local boy wants to come home" angle was the whole reason for the trade request, so I can understand why it got a lot of attention. But yeah, the deal never really made much sense for the Jets at all.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Well the "local boy wants to come home" angle was the whole reason for the trade request, so I can understand why it got a lot of attention. But yeah, the deal never really made much sense for the Jets at all.

By "local boy" angle, I was referring more to the notion that Chevy really needed to acquire Hamonic, just by virtue of him being a Winnipeg boy.

I know it's not often that we'll get a player of Hamonic's age and ability with Winnipeg as his #1 trade destination, but the bottom line is that the deal has to make sense. It always felt like there was a bit of pressure to get the deal done just for the sake of it.

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners

I'm relieved, too. It was just too hard to think of a fit.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
The jets really need to try and acquire a young LHD prospect who will be exempt from the expansion draft.We should be looking at guys in the range of a Hayden Fleury or Travis Sanheim.May need to move multiple pieces to acquire but we have that luxury at the moment.Guys who should be available are or 1st 22nd overall,Dano,Petan,Roslovic,Harkins,Burmi or pretty much anyone on the moose not named Hellebuyck or comrie.We need to be ready for when Toby is gone.Whoever we acquire will spend some or all of the year with the moose.Btw I really don't want to lose Petan but you need to give in order to get.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
The jets really need to try and acquire a young LHD prospect who will be exempt from the expansion draft.We should be looking at guys in the range of a Hayden Fleury or Travis Sanheim.May need to move multiple pieces to acquire but we have that luxury at the moment.Guys who should be available are or 1st 22nd overall,Dano,Petan,Roslovic,Harkins,Burmi or pretty much anyone on the moose not named Hellebuyck or comrie.We need to be ready for when Toby is gone.Whoever we acquire will spend some or all of the year with the moose.Btw I really don't want to lose Petan but you need to give in order to get.

What about Stafford & 22nd overall for Fleury?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Agree with this post, especially the bolded. The BPA at 22 and 36 may not turn out to be LHD, or RHD either for that matter. Go ahead and draft BPA but we need to add some good D prospects to our system. I would add Armia and Lowry to your list as well as 1 of Trouba and Myers. They are not untouchable. It just depends on the return. The difficulty could be expansion. If it goes ahead other teams are not going to want to take players of ours who need to be protected, especially D.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
What about Stafford & 22nd overall for Fleury?

Can't see that happening. Fleury remains a top prospect on a building team, that was drafted 7th just 2 years ago. 22nd is a big drop down and Stafford adds little to a team far away from contention.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pavelec for Crawford? Sign me up

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=128

I heard from a top (and different) source in February 2015 that the Hawks had reached out to the Oilers and Sabres on preliminary, very hush-hush conversations about Crawford. The idea was not to deal Crawford then, but rather to begin to gauge or gin up interest in him for last summer or this summer. This was before the Oil acquired Cam Talbott and the Sabres, Robin Lehner.

Last summer, I heard the Jets were ready to pull the trigger on an Ondrej Pavelec-plus deal for Crawford.

Again, the Hawks only had those discussions as a potential last resort if they could not move Patrick Sharp.

Teams I would watch with regard to Crawford: Buffalo, Winnipeg, Philadelphia, Toronto, Arizona, the Islanders and Ottawa.

Crawford has a limited NMC and I believe must submit a list of 8-10 teams he would accept a deal to if asked. I also would not rule out a lesser-paid veteran goalie coming back in a Crawford deal—such as Jaroslav Halak, Craig Anderson or Pavelec

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Pavelec for Crawford? Sign me up

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=128

I heard from a top (and different) source in February 2015 that the Hawks had reached out to the Oilers and Sabres on preliminary, very hush-hush conversations about Crawford. The idea was not to deal Crawford then, but rather to begin to gauge or gin up interest in him for last summer or this summer. This was before the Oil acquired Cam Talbott and the Sabres, Robin Lehner.

Last summer, I heard the Jets were ready to pull the trigger on an Ondrej Pavelec-plus deal for Crawford.

Again, the Hawks only had those discussions as a potential last resort if they could not move Patrick Sharp.

Teams I would watch with regard to Crawford: Buffalo, Winnipeg, Philadelphia, Toronto, Arizona, the Islanders and Ottawa.

Crawford has a limited NMC and I believe must submit a list of 8-10 teams he would accept a deal to if asked. I also would not rule out a lesser-paid veteran goalie coming back in a Crawford deal—such as Jaroslav Halak, Craig Anderson or Pavelec

They got rid of Sharp, why bring it up again? Has Panarin's bonuses screwed them that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad