Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Continued from here.

Some of the last posts from previous thread:

If expansion goes ahead then I do that trade. Otherwise? Hard to decide so I guess that means it is getting into the neighbourhood. Nurse is only 21 and probably should be playing in the A for a while. But he is a big, physical, left shot D who has scored well in Junior. Plus Dubois.

I'm not super high on Nurse but I still do that trade without a doubt. Makes our decision for expansion draft much easier, gets us a decent physical young LHD, and gets us Dubois as a heck of a nice throw in.

This is a type of trade that is at least worth talking about.

Nurse is pretty bad, but the 4th is pretty valuable. Maybe?

I'd probably pull the trigger. Have to think about it though.

Would you guys take Nurse and 4th overall for Trouba?
A friend of mine that is an oilers fan mentioned that the oilers should try that.
I'm unsure if I would. It's basically Dubois and Nurse for Trouba.

I have posted Myers with a small plus (3rd or 4th Rd pick) multi in the past, but now that Myers has had two significant surgeries and won't pass a physical in time for camp.....is really reasonable to think that NY gives up Travis for Myers during the summer? IMO I don't think so.

The rumour it was Chevy camp, not Chevy himself. Snow apparently believes someone from Chevy's office leaked it, not Chevy himself.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Mortimer Snerd said:
If expansion goes ahead then I do that trade. Otherwise? Hard to decide so I guess that means it is getting into the neighbourhood. Nurse is only 21 and probably should be playing in the A for a while. But he is a big, physical, left shot D who has scored well in Junior. Plus Dubois.

Yep.

Right now, I'd lean towards pulling the trigger on that deal regardless of the expansion though.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
considering Nurse looks like a poor man's Bogo at this point no way in hell would I even consider that trade

doesn't make the team better over the next 4 yrs and I would bet against it making the team better over the next 6-8

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yep.

Right now, I'd lean towards pulling the trigger on that deal regardless of the expansion though.

Flip PLD for Hamonic? Or flip Nurse + Armia for Hamonic?

considering Nurse looks like a poor man's Bogo at this point no way in hell would I even consider that trade

doesn't make the team better over the next 4 yrs and I would bet against it making the team better over the next 6-8

Why? Injured too much? Don't like big physical defensemen?

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
don't like stupid defencemen no matter how toolsy

Ding ding ding.

Dubois or Tkachuk would be great, but they also play in a position of relative strength and are definitely not worth downgrading from the single best member of the 'young core's' greatest position of weakness. Especially not downgrading to that six and a half foot tall question mark.

Besides, it seems as though Nurse would need protecting in any expansion draft after '17 anyway.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
No doubt that the trade doesn't make a lot of sense positionally. So I get the disagreement. But it seems to me the value received back is significantly more than what we give up, from a neutral standpoint. That makes it tough not to pull the trigger, even if you have to do some subsequent wrangling to convert those assets into the players you need.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Ding ding ding.

Dubois or Tkachuk would be great, but they also play in a position of relative strength and are definitely not worth downgrading from the single best member of the 'young core's' greatest position of weakness. Especially not downgrading to that six and a half foot tall question mark.

Besides, it seems as though Nurse would need protecting in any expansion draft after '17 anyway.
I'd really like Dubois if he can truly be a center at the NHL level.

Five years from now having Scheifele - Dubois - Roslovic through the middle could be nice.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
So if we're talking Myers for the 4th overall, what is the add from the Jets side that everyone is comfortable with?

Burmistrov, Lowry???

There's a limit to what we'd add without heavily over paying, but I'm sure there would need to be an addition.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
So if we're talking Myers for the 4th overall, what is the add from the Jets side that everyone is comfortable with?

Burmistrov, Lowry???

There's a limit to what we'd add without heavily over paying, but I'm sure there would need to be an addition.

I'd add Lowry. Not sure he'll be anything more than a plug. But might have value on the trade market. (I'd add Burmi as well, of course, just don't think Edmonton would have any interest.)

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Burmistrov, Lowry???

We would have to add quite a bit more than that I think.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO

Burmistrov, Lowry???

I think they'd be after more RHD. They are absolutely desperate for that out there.

THSWinnipeg

May 5, 2016
I think that Myers and Lowry could be a foundation for a possible deal with the Oil, but who knows. Those two big bodies definitely tick Edmonton's boxes in the needs department. A few dominoes may have to fall beforehand though. Possible dealing of RNH, perhaps since they have their top-3 centres currently in place . The thought of Laine and Dubois on the Jets roster is pretty sweet but I fear it may be only something I can achieve on Xbox.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Burmistrov, Lowry???

It should not be too much. The value really isn't far apart. Having had more than enough RHD and a shortage of lefties here for a couple of years I think we forget the premium there is on righties. There are simply a lot more good LHDs out there and pretty much every team in the league except us is looking for a RHD. In Myers we are still talking about an established, experienced but still young player with an attractive contract. Statistically he rates very close to Hamonic who we are lusting after. Edmonton is the one with a need. This would be a trade we should expect to win, at least by a small margin.

I still hope for Lowry to rebound further but even if he doesn't I still want his 'truculence' on our 4th line. I would offer Burmi, our 4th, Kosmachuk, maybe any 2 of those.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I offered that trade in the trade board and it got ripped to shreds because apparently Nurse is worth Trouba alone.

Last edited:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I offered that trade in the trade baird and it got ripped to shreds because apparently Nurse is worth Trouba alone.

Clearly the case. Edmonton has had such stellar defense for so long that they are excellent judges of talent. :sarcasm: But hey, if Stu isn't having an impact on Trouba's play, let's send him to Edmonton for a 3rd round pick, that should be more than fair. Let's see how Nurse fairs with Stu. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I offered that trade in the trade board and it got ripped to shreds because apparently Nurse is worth Trouba alone.

That's why I don't spend much time on the main boards. Everything gets ripped to shreds. Massively lopsided trades get proposed and occasionally a realistic one but they all get the shredder treatment.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Am I the only one that isn't that all that unhappy about this? Hamonic is a heck of a player, but I don't know that he would address any major need on our roster. The whole "local boy" angle was getting too much hype, IMO.

THSWinnipeg

May 5, 2016
Looks like Hamonic doesn't want to go anywhere now. Interesting. At least we can put that topic to bed. Who are we after now? Vatanen? Faulk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad